Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/18/2013 11:13:56   
DarkDevil

my defenition of high is 130 which is how much a tech mage would put , but usually for a bounty its not higher than 110 in highest cases.
AQ Epic  Post #: 176
11/18/2013 11:16:37   
Altador987

oh then by all means, but curious would this be affected by only how much is put into the stat or the stats plus whatever weapon gun and aux stats as well
AQW Epic  Post #: 177
11/18/2013 11:22:01   
DarkDevil

..... i don't think i got the part of
quote:

stats plus whatever weapon gun and aux stats as well

skills are not affected by gun or aux , just by stat and in this case its damage is only slightly affected by tech but the bigest role tech plays in it is the deflection rate.

its stat being tech greatly helps the mechanism.

i think i am just repeating myself here

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/18/2013 11:32:31 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 178
11/18/2013 11:35:48   
Altador987

sorry for instance my tech is 66 plus 28 which equals 94 but i was curious if you meant the stats that were directly put in (the 68) or the added stats that are put into the weapons and armors (which combined gives the + 28) because i understand 100 but at the same time my res is 27-33 and tech is my larger stat only by 14 through dex, and then support and strength are only 7 behind dex... so while tech has the most focus i didn't invest in only tech or even tech and dex and i'd rather not be punished for trying to have a little focus with a little extra here and there
AQW Epic  Post #: 179
11/18/2013 11:40:55   
DarkDevil

skill stats is always calculated as whole affected by any bonus from item or buff or debuff , same goes for deflection or block or crict rates

are you sure you understand how the game works?

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/18/2013 11:42:45 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 180
11/18/2013 11:50:45   
Altador987

very sure... that comment was unnecessary. in any case i simply like to separate it in my head as personally i dont see a problem with people who have 75+35 in support to get to 110 and have a strong multi because there's still room to put into other stats and use strategy it's the 110+ however much and then just adding health that i have a problem with as there's no strategy at all it's quick, it's fast, and it's boring
AQW Epic  Post #: 181
11/18/2013 11:52:53   
kaierti1
Banned

DarkDevil,
i dont know why but there are some unreal blocks against bh. i have more dexterity but sometimes blocked and bh don't have block chance (% increase) so i dont know why blocking. second problem is deflect. i have 23-38 +10 resistance bh has 30-36 +2 and my infernal android deflects almost always. i dont know what hapens. today 5 or 6 times did deflect straight my infernal android (against bh and against tm) and then i loss
Post #: 182
11/18/2013 11:57:02   
Altador987

you may have more resistance then that person but he technically had more tech than you, get your res to around 26 and you should see more deflections, blocking works oppositely though they wanted people not to abuse it so much so at 55 and 85 it goes down it's supposed to do that for deflections to but it doesn't as much, so if you have your def really high you might not block quite a lot
AQW Epic  Post #: 183
11/18/2013 12:11:53   
DarkDevil

........ guys , i don't think we should discuss how the game works here.

tech increases resistance and deflection
deflection and resistance are both governed by tech but they are two different things .
bonus from armor stated as + in defence or resistance only increases it but resistance and defences are NOT deflection and block they are 4 different things althought each comes from either dex or tech.
AQ Epic  Post #: 184
11/18/2013 12:40:08   
Stabilis

quote:

tech increases resistance and deflection
deflection and resistance are both governed by tech but they are two different things .

Yes. Technology increases Resistance and deflection rate, but Resistance cannot be exchanged with the deflection rate. There are more factors going into Resistance than just Technology, depending on the individual.
AQ Epic  Post #: 185
11/18/2013 23:15:23   
Dual Thrusters

@kaier

Well that's luck for you.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
11/19/2013 1:46:08   
zer00x

Does anyone else find the new Adrenaline Rush even MORE Useless?, you "lose" a turn to get rage at the cost of some Energy, when you can get rage by just atacking and saving energy, i mean really... it was a bad skill and now its even worse IMO, what do you guys think?
AQW  Post #: 187
11/19/2013 3:46:19   
kaierti1
Banned

please no one talk about balance. because now and yesterday midday was 250-300 people. and on double time 600-700 only (yesterday). need think something. maybe on 3 classes need work (bm, ch and merc) for strong. or think another 3 classes to weak them. i don't know. just people are almost don't playing. 265 people now and i don't understand i am waiting about one minute for 2 v 2. we all want that in ed must be many people back. that's why we talking about problems.

ALSO MY DREAM IS THAT EVERY PLAYER MUST HAVE FOCUS 5 BUILD. IT WILL BE BIG BALANCE. BECAUSE TANK BUILDS KILLING AND ANNOYING THIS GAME. EVERY ENERGY SKILL MUST BE REQUIRED 42 SUPPORT (ITS MY OPINION) AND THAN EVERYONE WILL HAVE 50%-50% CHANCE TO WIN

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/19/2013 4:05:24 >
Post #: 188
11/19/2013 4:17:01   
DarkDevil

adrenaline rush is good now , it can give you a 3 turns worth of rage for just some energy and a turn , you can use it with bunker or zeker (not sure if it can still rage) to make a very devastating nukes , yet i guess its energy cost should get reduced by 1 to utilise with some skills energy cost.

its usefull for tanky builds and builds which can't build up enough rage (althought it requires support which i disagree on , it should be a tool for builds which can't build much rage)

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/19/2013 4:23:06 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 189
11/19/2013 14:45:04   
GodOfTechno

I'm happy with these changes thank you rabble.
Epic  Post #: 190
11/19/2013 14:58:13   
Mother1

Kaierti1

If that happened everyone would complain until focus got nerfed or they would quit. What the staff did wasn't a complete balance update. They nerfed strength to the point where you must abuse it to actually get good damage, while leaving tanks attacks the same.

All forms off attack should have been nerfed if they were trying to make duels longer not just free weapons. now because of this gross miscalculation tanks can be all bulky and keep every ounce of power from their skills (that use dex and tech) while offensive builds not only have to put up with their defenses, but also have the majority of the tools they use to fight tanks nerfed.

I know this next update another tool to fight them is also getting nerfed (poison bot)
Epic  Post #: 191
11/19/2013 15:17:51   
Stabilis

^

The next update might come with that edit to rage to make it more anti-tank than spammer friendly. So even if the poison bot gets its energy cost changed or poison lowered, I do not have any reason yet to suggest that "tankiness" will be favoured.
AQ Epic  Post #: 192
11/19/2013 15:38:12   
kaierti1
Banned

Mother1,
i agree u. my bludgeon is not so good as early was, because of nerf strength. what u say its right and then need: 1. nerf supercharge (blood mage and tech mage). 2. nerf multi shot (mercenary and tactical mercenary) 3. nerf surgical strike (merc and tact merc). 4. nerf masscare (bounty hunter and cyber hunter).

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/19/2013 15:40:24 >
Post #: 193
11/19/2013 15:43:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Nerf in Strength has nerfed Massacre indirectly too. I see no reason to nerf Massacre in particular, nor any of the Ultimates. Instead of saying "nerf this" "nerf that", can you actually provide some evidence as of to why they need a nerf and what kind of nerf - are the effects too strong, or is it the damage? Or maybe cost:power ratio?
AQ Epic  Post #: 194
11/19/2013 15:51:01   
kaierti1
Banned

Trans,
nerf because that the game must be long. if there will be low damages battle will finish late. thats why need nerf
Post #: 195
11/19/2013 15:55:59   
Ranloth
Banned

But what kind of nerf? Why do battles need to be longer? How will you balance out defensive and offensive builds, so they both can compete against each other?

Rabble did say they are trying to give defense a bit more power - by nerfing offense for example - but it may not be enough. There are effects such as blocks and deflections which matter. You state no reason or whatsoever nor suggest what kind of nerf they need. Furthermore, how are they too strong? Some examples would be good. Lastly, bias isn't welcome - think about everyone, not just yourself.

How about builds that don't use Ultimates? How about Energy cost of skills - power goes down and so does cost:power ratio? How will other skills fare against Ultimates - including cost:power ratio?

Look at the bigger picture.
AQ Epic  Post #: 196
11/19/2013 16:04:14   
lostlong

I think massacre needs to be buffed because look at the other ultimates.. Supercharge and Surgical Strike have health and rage steal while massacre does not.

Post #: 197
11/19/2013 16:08:17   
kaierti1
Banned

Trans,
see first post and design notes. they nerfed strength by 2 points and added 4 heal. they want long battles. and if damage is high game will be finish fast. that's why they destroyed deadly aim and blood lust and hybrid, plasma and mineral armors.

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/19/2013 16:09:29 >
Post #: 198
11/19/2013 16:19:17   
Ranloth
Banned

Yes, I know about the current changes... You still don't state why Ultimates should be changed, don't suggest how they should be changed nor back it up with evidence.

Yes, Rabble is trying to make battles longer but you don't state why Ultimates exceed their current offensive limits after the recent nerf to base weapon damage.

No, they haven't changed passives to make the battles longer. There's completely different reason for that and it was stated in DNs around three times. Main aim of it was to make it more strategical, not necessarily longer.
AQ Epic  Post #: 199
11/19/2013 16:46:51   
Teserve

Wow. I thnk they need to have a turn have less of an impact. In one game, I got stunned twice, and might have won. (Was against a person a few levels higher than me, so I didn't have a high chance.) On the other hand, I do like stuns, they add a bit to the game strategy.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition