Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Elite Patrol, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Elite Patrol, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/28/2014 7:45:21   
pjc
Legendary AK!!!

The Elite Patrol

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Espina Rosa -> Patrol -> Quest!
Requirements: Completion of The Runed Fortress
Release Date: June 27th, 2014

Objective: Who is the Elite Patrol? How do you get in to the Third Level? Plenty of questions that need answers.
Objective completed: Uh oh... Sofist is here. Not good!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(3) ManaHunter
(6) Manahuntress
(1) Vince - Boss

NPCs
Alix
Dumplings
Mritha
Odgne
Roussel
Sam
Sofist
Vince

Rewards
Sapphire Pendant
Isaz Runed Chain
Kenaz Runed Chained
Emerald Pendant
Dagaz Runed Pendant
Azure Gemmed Necklace

Dialogue
Mritha: It's too much. Melissa has been wonderful, so supportive and helpful. The fairies are amazing in that they are ready to go at a moment's notice.
Odgne: Sister of my heart, you need to rest. You are weary and your dreams are dark.
Mritha: Ah, my dearest companion, what would I do without you? My dreams are dark, my days are rushed and bleak.
Mritha: I just wish it was over. I miss walking among the Dravirs and Dragons and laughing.
Odgne: Have you heard from Kara? The Dragons cannot "see" her.
Odgne: Senthris cannot get through, as Seallah refuses to let her hear him.
Mritha: Tell Senthris to hold on. We all have to. And then we have <Character>. Sent off to infiltrate a dangerous place...
Mritha: I hope <Character> is able to do this alone.

*Meanwhile, back at the Runed Fortress...*

<Character> (thinking): I might as well start here. There's a chance someone can tell me more.
Dumplings: Lunch is served! Please, no crowding. Everyone get in line.
<Character> (thinking): Nope.

*In the background...*

Alix: Hey... Did you see... THAT the other day?
Roussel: You mean with Paul?
Alix: Yeah.
Roussel: Didn't hear too much about it. Is he all right?
Alix: He's not here anymore. Last the gang saw him...
Alix: ... his face was Purple with Blue polka dots and he was being carried away on a stretcher by the medics.
Roussel: How did it happen?
Alix: I didn't see anything, but a guy I know swears he saw Vince give Paul some of Dumplings's food...
Roussel: Vince again... Of course. He'll pick on anyone.
Alix: Quiet! He might hear you!

*Sam, a Rose member, walks past with food. Vince trips him over.*

Vince: Hi Sam! Ha ha!

*Vince walks away.*

<Character> (thinking): The nerves of that guy...

*You offer Sam another bowl of food.*

<Character>: Thought you could use another one.
Sam: T-thanks.
<Character>: Do you want to eat together? I'm... pretty much new here.
Sam: S...sure.

*You are eating with Sam at the table.*

Sam: Hey, are you--
<Character>: DUMPLINGS!!
Dumplings: You called?
<Character>: NO!!
Sam: NO!!
Dumplings: Awww...
<Character>: So that's him? That's Dumplings?
Sam: Yep, all flesh and bones.
<Character>: Huh... He looks pretty harmless to me. Certainly not like the rumours...
Sam: ...That he's the worst cook ever? And that's putting it mildly.
<Character>: Really? I really wonder how anyone, much less Sofist, can stand him being around if that's the case.
Sam: Well, he did have an entirely new kitchen built at the bottom of the Second Level if that's any sign.
Sam: He probably has to bear with it if anything though. It's nothing he has control over.
<Character>: Oh?
Sam: The story that goes around is that Dumplings was born amongst some of Swordhaven's nobles.
Sam: Unlike most of them though, his aspiration lied in cooking.
Sam: He's a big fan of our own Gaston who used to be a great chef for the nobles before he came here.
Sam: Pretty much everything he does is in emulation of Gaston, or so he thinks. In reality, you probably couldn't find a worse cook.
Sam: The rumour goes that to prevent themselves from getting poisoned by Dumplings's food or worse...
Sam: ... the nobles pay the Rose a handsome sum of money to have him here and to keep him here.
Sam: I'm guessing you fell prey to his cooking?
<Character>: Yep.
Sam: So you got amnesia and... your face. Anything else?
<Character>: All there is as far as I know. Is amnesia really a common symptom?
Sam: Common for Dumplings. Sounds like you're one of the luckier ones.
<Character>: ...Do I want to know what happened to the worst ones?
Sam: Well, there is this story of this one Lagoon Goon that's said to have once been a noble of Swordhaven...
<Character>: ...I'll take that for a no.
Sam: Oh, but where are my manners. I'm Sam.
<Character>: I'm Edd. Nice to meet you Sam.
<Character>: Say, that's a nice necklace you have there.
Sam: Thanks! It's my grandma's.
<Character>: It must be pretty special then. Family heirloom?
Sam: Better.
Sam: It's a magic necklace.
<Character>: Magic? Wouldn't that be risky to have around here?
Sam: Hmm... Maybe, but no one needs to know, right? Besides, it's a very useful kind of magic necklace.
Sam: It's a powerful amulet that protects the wearer against magic!
<Character> (thinking): Looks more like a cheap jewelry off the cart of a traveling salesman if you ask me...
<Character>: Really? I wonder how your grandma came across it then. It must have been quite an adventure.
Sam: Oh, it's quite a story all right. *grins* Sit tight and let me tell you all about it.

One story later

Sam: And the wizard sold his rare necklace to my Grandmother for 10 gold. 10 gold!
<Character>: ...Interesting.
<Character> (thinking): Minus the fact that wizard was a complete charlatan. I mean seriously...
<Character> (thinking): What kind of Wizard wanders into villages on horse power and woos country kids by shooting off fireworks?
<Character> (thinking): I could smell that kind of fake from a mile away...
<Character>: Seeing as you have the necklace now I imagine that means she passed away and you inherited the necklace?
Sam: Aye. Unfortunately... her village laid by a forest between Lymcrest and Falconreach.
Sam: A forest through which the evil Pyromancer Xan's firey army went through years ago... Fire spread and...
<Character> (thinking): Poor guy.
<Character>: I'm sorry for your loss, Sam.
Sam: Don't be. I joined the Rose to prevent things like that from happening. So what's your story?
<Character>: ... My story?
Sam: Yeah, your story. Why you joined the Rose.
<Character>: You... wouldn't want to hear it.
Sam: I told you my story, now you tell me yours. I'm not budging from this seat until I've heard everything!
<Character> (thinking): Shoots. Now he's expecting a story out of me and it doesn't look like he's going to settle for something small either...
<Character> (thinking): Hey, wait a second, <Character>, you're a Hero! You've heard plenty of these kinds of stories before.
<Character> (thinking): All you need is one reason to hate magic and...

*A candle appears above your head as you have an idea.*

<Character>: All right... I'll tell you my story but let me first warn you... This isn't a story I like to tell to just anyone.

Another story later

*Sam is crying.*

<Character>: And after that, I swore I would hunt down Akriloth and every evil magic being like him.
Sam: So sad!
<Character> (thinking): I'll have to remember to buy Galanoth a round of Moglinberry juice next time I see him.
<Character> (thinking): I'm starting to get a bit sided tracked from my goal though. I need this conversation to steer towards more informative subjects.
<Character>: So Sam, why did you let that guy bully you earlier?
Sam: Hmm? You mean Vince? There isn't much I can do about it. Vince is stronger and taller than I am...
<Character>: Why not report him to the Chief then?
Sam: I don't think you understand how things go around here, Edd.
Sam: Sofist respects strength pretty much above everything else.
Sam: Those who are strong here get their way and can do pretty much anything they want to, especially the members of the Elite Patrol.
Sam: Not only is Vince on the Elite Patrol, but he's the best. He's the strongest Rose Solider in Espina Rosa.
Sam: He can do whatever he wants as long as he stays in the Chief's esteem.
<Character> (thinking): Bingo.
<Character>: Elite Patrol?
Sam: You don't know what the Elite Patrol is?
<Character>: Well, I heard the term. Sofist mentioned it when we were at the door of the Third Level and...
Sam: Shhh!! Keep quiet!
Sam: If you're going to mention the Third Level, keep your voice down.
<Character>: Why? What's wrong?
Sam: You don't remember, do you? Figures. I'll explain everything. You asked about the Elite Patrol, I'll start with that.
Sam: The Elite Patrol is the unit that accompanies Sofist on patrols of the Third Level. They are the only ones allowed down there.
Sam: The Elite Patrol is basically composed of some of the strongest Rose Soldiers garrisoned at Espina Rosa.
Sam: Like I said, Sofist isn't keen on the weak.
Sam: He won't have any for the patrol. Second, the thing you need to know about the Third Level is that there is no Third Level.
<Character>: What? But I saw the door... It's right there.
Sam: Not that way! I mean you should act as if it didn't exist. Anything regarding the Third Level is kept with utmost secrecy and forbiddance.
Sam: For whatever reason, Sofist keeps it that way. He despises that it be brought up.
Sam: No one on the patrol team, in fact, is allowed to talk about what they do down there.
Sam: Sofist severely punishes the entire group if he so much as hears a rumour going around about it. Same thing for anyone he hears talking about it.
Sam: If you value your hide, do not mention it. Ever.
Sam: You might have been able to get away with it once on your tour, but Sofist won't stand for it a second time.
<Character>: You know just telling me about all that only makes me more curious about it. I mean, why would the Chief be so secretive about the place?
<Character>: It just holds all of the prison's most dangerous criminals, right? What's wrong with that?
<Character> (thinking): It would certainly explain why Kara couldn't get anything either.
Sam: I don't know, Edd. And it's better not to ask those that do.
<Character> (thinking): It sounds like I'm not going to get out anything more out of Sam and the only chance I have is to join the Elite Patrol and follow them on the patrol.
<Character> (thinking): Easier said then done though. I doubt Sofist is just going to let me into the group when I just got "back" here.
<Character> (thinking): Unless he knew how strong I reall--
<Character> (thinking): ...That might actually work. A bit crazy and risky, but it just might work. Either way, it's my only shot at this. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
<Character>: Say Sam, if someone was to get into the Elite Patrol and was stronger than Vince, they could get him to stop bullying you, right?
Sam: ...I suppose they could. Why do you ask?
<Character>: Well, I am going to do just that.
Sam: .......
Sam: Ha ha! Oh, that's a good one!
Sam: I appreciate the thought, Edd, but that isn't going to happen. Even if you were strong enough, it would take a while for Sofist to recognize you.
<Character>: That occurred to me and I have an idea to fix that.
Sam: What?
<Character>: Vince is the strongest Rose Soldier on the Elite Patrol, right?
Sam: ...Right.
<Character>: Then if I beat him in a fight, that would automatically make me the best in Espina Rosa, right?
Sam: ......
<Character>: And Sofist couldn't help but recognize me, right?
Sam: But Vince'll kill you!
<Character>: Sofist recognizes strength above all else, doesn't he?
Sam: ......
<Character>: Then that settles it. First, I need to draw his attention.
Sam: Edd! Please! Don't do it!
<Character>: THE ELITE PATROL IS A BUNCH OF WIMPS!!!
???: ...All right. Which idiot said that?
Vince: Oh... Well if it isn't our dear "Edd", back from his little accident with Dumplings's Ratatouille. Not any brighter than when you left, are you?
Vince: But I'll go easy on you this time. If you don't remember, the Elite Patrol is the best of the best in Espina Rosa.
Vince: I should know. I'm the best it has to offer.
<Character>: Boy if that's the best it has to offer, there's not much point in having one, is there?
Vince: ...What are you implying?
<Character>: Might as well have a troupe of Moglins with wooden sticks, no?
<Character>: Or Minx Faeries. I mean, they would prove to be annoying at least.
Vince: ENOUGH!!
Vince: Elite Patrol, show this brat his place like the weakling he is!

• Battle! (Simple Skills) - equips Edd Disguise (Simple Skills); begins gauntlet.
  • Battle! (Complex Skills) - equips Edd Disguise (Complex Skills); begins gauntlet.
  • Heal
  • Run Away!

*After defeating Vince and the Elite Patrol, Vince is lying unconscious in front of you.*

???: What's all this racket!?
    Sofist: RACKET IS EVIL!!

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • Guests are removed upon beginning this quest as of January 29th, 2021.

Next Up: Prison Brawl

Thanks to Dwelling Dragonlord for correction.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 6/24/2023 10:18:37 >
  • DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Elite Patrol, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition