Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Unbound

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Unbound
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2016 9:44:56   
Occavatra

Unbound

Location: Swordhaven (Book 3) -> Up -> Right -> Enter the library -> Librarian -> Unbound
Location: Swordhaven (Book 3) -> Up -> Circe -> Quests -> Unbound
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: February 27th, 2016

Objective: There has to be more information on the Rose somewhere in Swordhaven...
Objective completed: You... are going to have a headache.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(1) Angry Clawkin
(2) Clawkin Wanderer
(1) Mushroom
(2) Nature Elemental
(1) Seed Spitter
(3) Sneevil
(2) Tog

NPCs
Circe
Librarian
Rose Soldier

Rewards
Emerald Key
Willow Bark Medicine

Dialogue

*You pay a visit to the Swordhaven Library. You open the door to find the librarian going through some books and old papers, looking for something specific.*

Librarian: Expense Report: Residential Sewer Extermination, three years old...
Librarian: Hmm, Demolition Cost Projection for the old magic school....
Librarian: Ugh, really? They kept eight year old timesheets for the city guards?
<Character>: Hi, excuse me...
Librarian: The library isn't open yet.
Librarian: I've got years of boxes of apparently useless bureaucratic paperwork that they've archived to go through...
Librarian: ... and no time to help you find a copy of The Dragon Rogue and the Drakel or The Paladin's Dark Secret...
Librarian: ... or whatever saucy novels all the bored guards are reading at the moment.
<Character>: No, it's not that... I just wanted to ask you a few questions.
Librarian: [Disgusted Noise]
Librarian: Liste-

*Both of your eyes widened in extreme surprise upon glancing at each other.*

<Character>: Circe?
Circe: You.

*She throws several daggers at you, but you shield yourself from them. Circe then performs a backflip on your shoulders and removes her large skirt in midair. You glance at her and she smirks. She kicks a table in your direction and you dodge the airborne object. Frowning, she arms herself.*

<Character>: You're not getting away this time, Circe! What are you doing here?!
Circe: Attempting to work.
<Character>: For who?
Rose Soldier: Is everything alright in there?!
Circe: Do you think I don't know the precarious footing you're on with the Rose? All I have to do is scream and your "visit" is DONE.
<Character>: And how do you think they'll feel about the new "librarian's" other work?
Circe: Do you really think I'd stick around to find out?
<Character>: How much time do you think you'd have to find whatever it is you're getting paid to find?

*Circe rolls her eyes and opens the door to answer the Rose Soldier at the entrance.*

Circe: Hiiiiiii! Ooooh, it's fine!
Circe: This lovely <Class> was trying to help me rearrange the shelves and they fell right over!
<Character>: Hello!
<Character>: My bad!
Rose Soldier: Are you sure...?
Circe: Thank you soooo much for checking though! Sighs. Now to straighten up this mess! Have a nice day!

*She slams the door. The Rose Soldier looks away and looks back at the door, then he shrugs.*

Circe: I'm surveying the situation here for... concerned parties.
<Character>: Who?
Circe: ... One of the King's daughters for one.
Circe: Apparently, she's been trying to find out more information about the Rose...
Circe: ... and hasn't been satisfied with what she and her... friends have found out so far.
<Character>: Really? You expect me to believe that?
Circe: I really don't care what you believe. I just want to do the job and get my gold.
<Character>: That... I believe.
<Character>: I need to find more information about the Rose too. I think, with your help, I can get into the Ivory Tower through the sewers and...
Circe: I don't work for free.
<Character>: If you want a chance to finish your job here and get any gold at all... then you'll help me break into that tower.
Circe: Fine. While we wait for dark make yourself useful and help me fix this ridiculous mess you made.

*By nightfall, you and Circe go inside the sewers and hide behind some crates and see two Rose Soldiers guard a circular gate. Circe blows some blue, glowing dust at the soldiers and they fall asleep.*

Circe: They're just asleep... ...don't give me that look...
Circe: This is as far as I go.
Circe: According to the plans I found, this leads to the basement of the tower. Do whatever it is... YOU do and then get out.

*You get up and run in front of her to get inside the gate.*

<Character>: Ok... ...if you set off any alarms while I'm in there....
Circe: If you blow my cover, <Character>... ...it won't be just the Rose hunting you.

Explore the basement to see if you can find any insider information. Once you reach a specific door:

*You approach a door with a gold lock on it. You try to open it, but it won't budge.*

<Character>: Locked... I nee-

*A muscular creature approaches you and knocks you out in a single punch. As your vision dims, you get a brief glimpse of a green and brown creature and you black out. Like the other enslaved magical beings, this creature has light blue eyes. Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • Second location replaces the first after completing the quest for the first time.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• The Angry Clawkin was working on this.
  • This door is locked.
  • More empty cages.
  • This alchemy table has seen recent use...
  • Another link to the sewers... but this grate is welded shut.
  • Sacks of food.
  • The pillow is still warm.
  • Empty cages of several sizes.
  • One tree is in bloom and the other is barren.
  • A plant from Betrubung?
  • Your stomach twists as your mana seems to be... pulled toward this orb.
  • This plant is dried out.
  • It looks like someone is sleeping down here...
  • These boxes are empty.
  • One of Zadd's shackles...
  • Someone's reading spot?
  • Mushrooms from the faerie forest... but they're missing... something.
  • One tree is flourshing and the other is struggling.

• Chronologically, it is recommended to complete the quest Starcrossed - The Thorns of the Rose before beginning this quest.

Next Up: The Beast

< Message edited by Jay -- 8/1/2019 23:03:40 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Unbound
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition