Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Madness Chronicles Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Madness Chronicles Discussion
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2019 8:14:25   
NagisaXIkari

That had been addressed in the prologue. The premise of the operation is founded on a rumour which the reader knows is true because of the non-linear order I've been writing these stories. Also why the squad is made up mainly of misfits who actually probably shouldn't be doing field work. Had the operation been a bust, at least there weren't many resources spent on it.

It is weird that Doomwood is barely charted out going by in-game dialogue, but it works for me.

Also thirteenth chapter up.
DF  Post #: 51
8/8/2019 9:58:24   
NagisaXIkari

Been busy with the new Final Fantasy XIV expansion (it's good, folks) which really ate up a lot of my time. So nearly two months in the making, the fourteenth chapter is up.

On top of that, I've also been pondering how much of a timeskip there should be between Roland's team entering the asylum and The Rose occupying the town. At best a couple weeks or an initial garrison to arrive as any more runs the risk of running into contradictions with the game. I should also get caught up on events in Dragonfable so as to not run into any contradictions in the first place.
DF  Post #: 52
8/25/2019 18:00:18   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Chapters 4 and 5

quote:

As the gates of Amityvale closed behind them and soon faded into the distance, they noticed the woods seemed darker despite being <> the early morning hours.

during?

quote:

The first sign of the Rose having began to move out west was the entrance to an old graveyard walled off with bricks, the groans of the dead faintly audible behind the wall.

begun

quote:

The woods were strangely quiet, continuing to grow darker as they ventured deeper into them despite the light of the moon indicating, it was still morning, Kid suddenly stopping and reaching for his sword, something straight ahead catching his eye.

light of the moon indicating that it was still morning. I think that is a good place to end that sentence.

stopped and reached

quote:

"What is it, Kid?" Roland asked, looking ahead, not seeing what Kid sees likely because of his reduced vision.

saw

quote:

Roland was impressed by the keen vision <> the recruit demonstrated as Cry who stood beside him as well didn't notice it, but of course neither did he.

that

quote:

Large spiders weren't an uncommon sight in Doomwood or Lore in general, but they certainly weren't purple. Not that <> mattered as Kid quickly dispatched it.

it

quote:

They resumed their travels, Roland glancing at Kid. He was quick on the draw and kill, further making him wonder why Kid wasn't apart of a more standard unit if not for the incident that got him benched.

a part

quote:

"That won't be necessary, ma'am. I'm with The Rose and <> was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me."

I

quote:

"The Rose? We've been petitioning them since we got word <> they came to Doomwood and you're what they send? You look no different than these loafers calling themselves adventurers. <> We not good enough for you to worry about our plight, is that it?"

that, Are

quote:

The woman's words stung. Just what was the purpose of The Rose if not to help people? Sure, they can't be everywhere at all times, but how long have they been petitioning the Amityvale garrison to make her so immediately scornful?

couldn't, had

I would expect stiffer resistance from exploring Doomwood/Darkovia than that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
8/30/2019 9:30:50   
NagisaXIkari

Kid being the model recruit he is wouldn't dare to question orders and you can probably figure out where Cry got his name which would explain his not questioning orders. I'm guessing you're either not up to the current chapter or are at the least spacing out your corrections and comments, but further chapters elaborate more on Kid as well as gives insight into why Hands wouldn't question going into unexplored and potentially dangerous lands.

As for Sight and Simon (little bit of trivia, she's the only one to go by their birth name), will be elaborated on as time goes on.

Also with much delay, fifteenth chapter is up.
DF  Post #: 54
9/3/2019 13:35:13   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

You misunderstand. I meant in terms of what Doomwood throws at them. Especially seeing how little the Rose has explored of the cursed forest up to this point in your story.

I try not to read chapters which I have yet to check, as it makes it easier for me to gloss over mistakes.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Madness Chronicles Discussion
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition