Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sibling Bonds

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sibling Bonds
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2023 15:06:15   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Sibling Bonds

Location: Falconreach (Book 3) -> Right -> Sirius -> Quests! -> Sibling Bonds
Requirements: Completion of Jungle Adventure
Release Date: July 14th, 2023

Objective: While searching for a way out of another Fearscape, hear Kassandra's reasons for creating the Fear Engine in the first place.
Objective completed: Whatever could Sirius have discovered? Hopefully, when all this is over, you can find a way to help Sirius be freed from the Sword's influence!

Experience rewarded: 0
Gold rewarded: 0

Monsters
None

NPCs
Arcanum
Cassiopeia
Kassandra
Sirius

Rewards
None

Dialogue

*You, Kassandra, and Sirius are trapped in an another Fearscape—now containing multiple staircases—with a seemingly no way out.*

<Character>: Does this place ever end?
Kassandra: Unlikely. This is probably a Fearscape generated from the Fear Engine itself.
Kassandra: If we're going to make it out of here, we're going to have to find the Fear Engine and shut it down.
Sirius: Well why didn't you say so? I'll run ahead and see if I can find it!

*Sirius runs off to try and find the Fear Engine, causing him to be separated from you and Kassandra.*

Kassandra: Sirius, you shouldn't—!
Kassandra: *Sigh* Impatient as ever...

*Now alone with Kassandra, you turn around to face her and ask her about her wrongdoings in the past.*

<Character>: So... are we going to talk about how you tried to kill me before?
<Character>: And kidnapped a bunch of villagers for experimentation by Theano and the Thorn?

*You glare at Kassandra.*

Kassandra: ...Clearly, I was hoping to avoid the subject. If anything, I was maybe hoping that by some miracle, you'd forgotten about all that.
Kassandra: And besides, I never tried to kill you.
<Character>: Riiiight, only trap me in several Fearscapes...
Kassandra: I suppose I do owe you an apology. Forgive me.
<Character>: And what about all those villagers? You—
Kassandra: I thought this was a Fearscape, not an interrogation-scape.
<Character>: Your actions have led to unspeakable harm to people!
<Character>: I can't just let that go! Why?
<Character>: What caused you to do all this? From helping the Thorn to creating the Fear Engine?
<Character>: Sirius seems to really care about you.
<Character>: Out of respect for him, I'm willing to listen.
Kassandra: You really want to know why I did all of this? What it was all for?
Kassandra: I needed the money. And Theano was paying the highest prices.
Kassandra: And I needed the money for... him!
Kassandra: For Sirius!
<Character>: What's that supposed to mean?
Kassandra: ...It all started when we were kids...

*Scene fades to black before fading back in; years ago, in an alchemist lab on a school in the South, Cassiopeia asks the young Kassandra to study with the young Sirius.*

Cassiopeia: Kassandra, I want you to meet Prince Sirius. He will be studying with you starting today.
Sirius: It's nice to meet you, Lady Kassandra. I look forward to becoming friends!
Kassandra: Not interested. They only have room for one student and that's me.
Cassiopeia: Now, Kassandra. Be nice. He's the prince.
Sirius: It's alright, Lady Cassiopeia! I don't need any special treatment. I'm sure we will end up being friends eventually!
Sirius: We both love magic, after all! And together, we are going to learn all the magic Lore and beyond has to offer!
Kassandra (narrating): He was always so positive and supportive, no matter how hard I tried to push him away.
Kassandra (narrating): I don't know why I was so mean to him back then. Perhaps I was jealous...
Kassandra (narrating): Magic came so naturally to him.
Kassandra (narrating): While my parents never treated me differently, I couldn't help but think they liked teaching Sirius more than me.

*Scene fades to black before fading back in; in a jungle, Sirius heals one of Kassandra's legs.*

Kassandra (narrating): But Sirius was right, and I started to warm up to him.
Kassandra (narrating): And soon we became friends.
Kassandra (narrating): All the time he spent with my family brought him closer to his dream of being able to cast every application of magic.
Kassandra (narrating): I knew that while Sirius cared deeply for his own family, he could truly be himself with us.
Kassandra (narrating): He was the brother I never had.

*Scene fades to black before fading back in; as Sirius takes a stroll throughout the jungle, Kassandra pleads for help as she is chased by Togs.*

Kassandra (briefly): Sirius! Help! Help!
Sirius: Quick! Get behind me!

*As Sirius stops the Togs from attacking, he asks Kassandra if she is alright.*

Sirius: Are you alright?!
Kassandra: I— I was trying to gather herbs and those togs came out of nowhere! Then, they— they bit me!
Sirius: Don't worry, you're safe now.
Sirius: I'll always be here to protect you!

*Sirius casts a fireball from his palm of his hand, causing the Togs to roll into the air; scene fades to black before fading back in; back in school, Cassiopeia asks Kassandra and Sirius if they are alright.*

Cassiopeia: Are you kids alright?!
Kassandra: We are fine, Mom. Sirius fought them off.
Cassiopeia: You have my gratitude, Prince Sirius.
Sirius: I told you, Cassiopeia, you don't have to call me "Prince".

*Suddenly, someone knocks the door to the alchemist lab; this came from one of the Rune Arcanum, who requests Sirius to come to join with his father.*

Arcanum: Prince Sirius, the Emperor requests your presence in the throne room.
Sirius: I shouldn't keep my father waiting! I'll be back later for my lesson!

*Scene fades to black; Kassandra, narrating her story in present day, laments that she could have stopped what happened next.*

Kassandra: I wish I had some way of stopping what had happened next...

*Scene fades back in to focus on Sirius wearing his pink diamond necklace known as the Sword of Inanitas; the young Kassandra is amazed about this revelation.*

Cassiopeia: Amazing! A member of the Imperial Family hasn't been able to use the Sword of Inanitas in generations!
Sirius: Look at this new spell I can do, Kass!

*Touching the Sword of Inanitas, Sirius summons a pink sword illusion.*

Kassandra: Wow! So cool!

*Scene fades to black; Kassandra, narrating her story in present day, reveals that everything from their life changed from that night.*

Kassandra (narrating): But later that night was when everything changed.

*Scene fades back in; as the young Kassandra sleeps in her bedroom, Sirius opens a door, causing Cassiopeia to ask Sirius why he is up late.*

Cassiopeia: Sirius? What are you doing up so late?

*The young Kassandra wakes up in her bedroom as the conversation between Sirius and Cassiopeia continues.*

Sirius: Alcor sent me to get him some burn salves for him...

*Kassandra gets out on her bed as she goes on her bedroom's door to eavesdrop Sirius and Cassiopeia's conversation.*

Cassiopeia: Burn salves? And since when have you become your brother's errand boy?
Cassiopeia: You're a bad liar, Sirius. You know you can tell me anything.
Cassiopeia: What's wrong? What do you need burn salves for?
Sirius: N-nothing... Never mind! Good night!

*One of Sirius' arms touches his sleeves, causing Cassiopeia to ask him to roll up his sleeves.*

Cassiopeia: Sirius, roll up your sleeves...
Sirius: ...
Cassiopeia: It's okay, child. Roll up your sleeves.

*Sirius—crying with tears—rolls up his sleeves, causing Cassiopeia to be shocked.*

Cassiopeia: Oh, my sweet child...

*Scene shifts to focus on Sirius' arms, which now contains magical wounds caused by the Sword of Inanitas; this revelation shocks the young Kassandra.*

Sirius: My-my magic! It-it-it... It burns!
Cassiopeia (thinking): The artifact... Could the entity's power be too much?
Sirius: W-why? D-did I do something wrong? Why is my magic hurting me?
Cassiopeia: Nononono, my sweet child! You didn't do anything wrong!
Cassiopeia: Here, let's get you all fixed up, and then we will talk about your magic, okay?

*Cassiopeia touches the Sword of Inanitas from Sirius, however, her hand is shocked upon touching it.*

Cassiopeia: And we will deal with that later...
Kassandra (narrating): Sirius never told me, but he was never able to perform normal magic after he started wearing that artifact.

*Scene fades to black before fading back in; back in present day, Kassandra tells you why is the Sword of Inanitas is hurting Sirius.*

Kassandra: Ever since then, even against the wishes and orders of the Imperial Family...
Kassandra: ...my parents searched for a way to remove that artifact from Sirius.
Kassandra: The Sword of Inanitas... Its power is beyond ancient.
Kassandra: Sirius has compromised by just reading and seeing the different types of magic Lore has to offer, but I know he's hurting.
Kassandra: And not just because of the artifact.
Kassandra: ...That's why I've continued their research, searching for the artifact's origins.
Kassandra: It was always his dream to perform all types of magic, not simply watch...
Kassandra: Anyway, research into such ancient and obscure fields is expensive. Incredibly so.
Kassandra: And in the course of my explorations, I came across that artifact that Sirius so recklessly destroyed earlier.
Kassandra: I discovered that it had originated from around the same time period as the Sword of Inanitas.
Kassandra: And so I figured I would study it and uncover its secrets to maybe one day let me save Sirius from his fate.
<Character>: ...The best way for you to fund your research was kidnapping people?
Kassandra: I can't exactly turn the feargheists into a traveling circus troupe. Unless that's what you're afraid of.
Kassandra: And while Theano was generous with his gold, I doubt The Rose would be happy with my studies.
Kassandra: I was going to get enough to procure some other interesting items I had my eyes on...
Kassandra: ...and then sail somewhere else, away from this land and its troubles.

*You disapprove Kassandra's actions.*

<Character>: ...Even if it's for Sirius, I do not condone your actions.
Kassandra: I don't need your approval.

*Despite acting disapprovingly of Kassandra, you ask her of the future after breaking Sirius free from the Sword of Inanitas.*

<Character>: If you find the answers you're looking for...
<Character>: If you find a way to break Sirius free from that Sword, what then?
Kassandra: What do you— Oh, I see what you're getting at.
Kassandra: Well, I can't head back to the Empire. Arcana would still hunt me down regardless. Perhaps I'd settle down on a nice beach somewhere.
<Character>: No more evil experiments? No more kidnapping innocents or trapping people in Fearscapes?
Kassandra: Since a certain someone destroyed my artifact, I couldn't do so even if I wished.
<Character>: ...I see.

*One of your eyes look at the right side as you decide to work with Kassandra.*

<Character>: Then I'll work with you. I won't forgive you, but it sounds like Sirius is suffering, and I'd like to help him if I can.
<Character>: We'll find a way to free him from that Sword.
<Character>: Speaking of which, where did he run off to?
Sirius: Hey! You two! I think I found something!
Sirius: Get over here, you're going to want to see this!

*You turn around to face the off-screen Sirius as he have discovered something; scene cuts to black.*

• Complete Quest

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 8/12/2023 21:14:58 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sibling Bonds
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition