Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2009 23:42:15   
_Tadakatsu_

What Makes it good;

Different
Original
Guns, bigger guns, guns that shoot candy
Swords, bigger swords

the BAD;

WAY too much stuff is NG only, even if your an SC, its still not like your getting FULL access to the game

NGs unbalanced, on average a lv.33 NG mecha will run you around 1200-1500 NGs, and since its (I think) 2000 NGs for 20$, the player is paying 20$ for one mech that will probably be out-dated anyway! Capitalism at its worse

Wars long and boring, Bug war, This war, nuff said.

Releases often disappointing; OH BOY A RELEASE > is what I am saying before I find out that the release is only another NG mech I cant afford (Navigator, Wolf, decimator) *cut self* > What I am doing after said event

Repetitive after a while, after farming to lv.33 and over 1.5 mil creds, this is now boring me.......

Not enough customization; All we do is buy pre-equipped after pre-equipped mecha, only Geekatron and pirate chassis's offer any level of decent customability, and even then they come with shops full of pre-made weapons and it seems like every other weapon will look terrible on them!

No health or energy potions, lets recap this, AQ has em', DF has em', but MQ is dry.....nuff said

Houses not updated enough, I stopped using my WB mech after I got.....well anything besides it really....not only does the WBHM tend to have problems (underpowered IMO) its also maxed at lv.30 rendering it out-dated

Annoying selling through j!nx, huge shipping price + 20$ for whatever item + poor player (me) = BAD IDEA

MQ just had problems period.

What makes me keep playing?

I already spent the little money I could squeeze out of my grandma on SC.....

Other than....I really dunno *goes to play DF*

< Message edited by LANDIS -- 3/16/2010 19:52:17 >
DF MQ  Post #: 76
6/29/2009 2:32:42   
nyamo

whats good
at a time the whitty puns were great, i started playing a few months after the game released and loved it then. the game graphically looks nice, as long as i keep the sound off.... no big deal though

whats bad
the grind of farming. the whole xp/credit ratio has always been bad. ie... the first update to the ratio, made gear cheaper/ longer lasting i guess. low lvl players and creds, from memory, it was not very fun saving for ever. 20+lvl xp grind. i understand that there needs to be a challenge to get to the next lvl, but its somewhat ridiculous how much time it can take. maybe make the animations shorter as an adjustment for the amount of time it takes to lvl

and i keep playing for something to do, still need to hit the lvl cap, thats my only carrot on my stick anymore
MQ  Post #: 77
6/29/2009 9:01:19   
joeycoolkid

I think future is cooler then past
MQ  Post #: 78
6/29/2009 15:12:24   
Natinat0r

The Good: It is one of the only 2-D games that have held my interest for over 2 seconds, which is an achievment in itself. I Love the way it is constantly updated regularly, not updated in big chunks that are inconsistent. The artwork is immense and some of the mecha's just look amazing but this brings me onto the bad...

The Bad: This game, like AQ and DF, is just one big farm. You have to farm for everything and it's meant to be a lunchbreak sized rpg. Farming, for me, is the main downside, it's tedious and is a giant funsponge. I know it's necessary in places, I understand that, but having to farm for everything just drives people away.

The Very Annoying: Nova Gems. I agree that NG gear should be better, I have no problem with that. It's just the price of the NG items. 2000 Nova Gems could buy you a mecha and 2 weapons. In DF, I had 200 dragon coins and they lasted me a long time, why can't it be the same in MQ

I hate to criticise. The games amazing, it really is, but farming is just tedious and is the main problem, in my opinion. I welcome a valid arguement if you disagree with me, just please don't flame, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks
MQ  Post #: 79
6/29/2009 16:30:08   
Kairon

What I enjoy in MQ:
Definitely the animations - amazing work there. The battle system is good for multitask play (although seems to lack room for development). Storyline has high and low moments, but is generally good. Sci-fi universe allows for some interesting takes on classic AE characters.
What I find annoying:
Well, the farming definitely seems excessive, which is compounded by lack of equipment at certain levels. The battle system is rather dependent on luck, which sometimes makes me feel like my choice of equipment & stats is meaningless. NG value - why does the money of a dedicated player have less value? Doesn't make sense to me.
What brings me back to MQ:
Same things that bring me back to AQ - browser based, portable game which does not require my full attention. The constant updates mean I'll never run out of things to do in-game. Works for multitasking.
What turns me off:
Lack of versatality - the only AE game with less options in battle is AQW (is there a trend here?). The customization factor brings it to equal footing with DF, but clearly loses out to AQ in terms of the amount of strategies you can use in a single battle. Also, maybe because AQ started out less complete, it feels like it evolves at a more rapid rate than MQ. Part of it is probably Warlic's work ethic, which seems to me to favor not revealing any big projects unless they are nearing completion, but I think the players need something to keep them excited for the future of the game.

I may seem a bit critical - but we notice more flaws in what we like. As a SC Armada founder with 3 chars over level 30, I clearly quite like the game. (Although it is a bit annoying that founder status is determined by when the charactar was created rather than when the upgrade was purchased)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
7/25/2009 12:03:42   
dark_one

Okay, I know a little while back I said I didn't like MQ, but I've had a serious change of heart..
It turns out the thing that made me find it near impossible to beat anything was my mecha..

So now, I love this game.

The good:
Almost everything about it, the artwork is incredible, the fighting system is fun, the story is great.. Not to mention the art book!! That's now my most cherished possesion..

The bad:
Only two bad things, I can't find any level 31 mechas anywhere! Lol, maybe you need to program some in.. Also, the game is pretty bugged.. Not the worst thing, but the blank screen bug can be very irritating..

So now you know, MQ is now my second fave AE game (Instead of it's original standing as my least fave), right after AQ.. Keep up the good work!

< Message edited by Scakk -- 7/30/2009 1:23:55 >
Post #: 81
7/25/2009 12:30:19   
Revenant777

I like it because of the custom weapon sloting instead of fixed classes, the usefulness of the LUCK stat, and the fact that its the only game with an RPC. I don't like it because the storyline doesn't make sense. Why would someone cunning enough to be capable of forming their own shadow goverment just show up for no reason in an easily destroyable mech and not make any apparent atempt to escape? Why does someone atempting to assassinate a very important character get detention? Kill him(Hugh).
Post #: 82
7/25/2009 13:44:31   
SDF

The Bad part of MQ....: The RNG Rolls... So annoying
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
7/25/2009 13:46:31   
DKnight321

SDF Agree X_X
Post #: 84
7/25/2009 20:45:41   
9dragons3

i like to play MQ i dint as much before but now i do since ive goten better and more things are being released, i play it more than other games since it has a different seeting and is a AE game, i find the storyline to be alright but i would like to have the Dragon species robot thing come back with others or get to know mroe on that and hopefully get to poilet one in a mini game or agasint valoth(giant), over all i find it pretty fun but some things need to be given more on.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 85
7/25/2009 21:08:32   
kiber the killer

for only being over a year old, they have done a great job. i find mq good because i like the genre that it is set in. the MANY parodies hidden everywhere. the grand-scale bosses that get more and more challenging with the passing of each war. the universo minigame is awsome. the dedicated staff to keep the game going. and finally, the giant robots, who doesn't like giant robots?
Post #: 86
7/25/2009 21:09:27   
neodiabolus

Why do you think MQ is good?
It's as fun as the other AE games, and the combat system is a nice change from the other AE games and the standard RPG. It also has an engaging storyline and plenty of mechs and weapons to choose from.

Why do you think it's bad?
I think there are too many rares. The standard mechs are pretty bad by comparison, but with all the "rare" mechs that have been released, the standard mechs are not very valuable at all, and standard weapons tend to get judged poorly because of all the "rare" things floating around. It's almost gotten to the point where "rare" items aren't really special; they're almost the standard.

What makes you play MQ over other games?
For one, MQ is free, and, for a free game, it has a surprising amount of content.

What doesn't make you play MQ over the other games?
Its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness: it's free. Because it's free, the game's storyline has an end (at least until 5-6 on Fridays) and I have beaten most, if not all, of the current storyline. In contrast, a game I actually paid for, e.g. Chrono Trigger, any version of GTA, or most good games that cost more than $30, have nearly unlimited content. Granted, given time, a game like MQ could have nearly unlimited content, (an example of this is how much content AQ's gotten over seven years) but console and handheld games are much easier to play because there is no wait once the game is released.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
7/26/2009 23:33:00   
radred

the mechs and occaisional quirks make ot good

not much makes it bad (except immpossibly high dice rolls)

i keep coming back due to the lvl up and new releases

(the new releases are the best part)

but they seem to be smaller than they used to
MQ  Post #: 88
7/30/2009 1:20:43   
Vadron

It's my least favorite AE game. The reason for that is that... it's so hard!
DF  Post #: 89
7/30/2009 3:33:13   
Farseer Pihihi

Its good because its made by Artix entertainment
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
7/30/2009 4:55:16   
runer

quote:

Runescape? Blech! I once was addicted, but now I only log on when there's something exceedingly interesting for free players. In other words, about every month or so.

if this is how people reacted to it .... imagine what will happen when mechscape is released , i was addicted 2 once , there is something about runescape , i dont know , but after many updates m the glowing that kept me playing it started fading ....
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
7/30/2009 8:49:40   
The Braken Bard

# Why do you think MQ is good? IDK. :P It's just so addicting to play!
# Why do you think it's bad? I think that there are serious lag issues for battles. This is not a game that will take only five minutes to play a release like DF usually is. The animations are nice, yes but I really hate it when fighting in a war because it seriously puts me off.
# What makes you play MQ over other games? IDK :P It's just so addicting to play! Seriously, probably because I only play other AE games and some others, because it is different from other games.
# What doesn't make you play MQ over the other games? Boredom. Long animations. Depression from enemies like class 17 and decimator.

I think that Runescape is good for a while. But when you play it more, you find that most of the game is only for members. I think runer, that when you play it more and more, you find that you're beginning to realize the real limitations to the game as compared to when you first play, the scale is big. By the time I stopped playing I had explored nearly all non members stuff.
AQ MQ  Post #: 92
7/30/2009 9:12:48   
electricwolf

The opinions of me:

The Good:-Good Graphics
-Lots of Free Stuff
-Lots of Choice of Mechs and Weapons

The Bad:
-Farming
-Rising Inflation of NG prices

The Ugly:
- Everyone who is not me! Hahahahaha!

The Unexpected Fourth Subtitle:
-Wait, what?
MQ  Post #: 93
7/30/2009 13:51:21   
frostbite321

one big pro is that when you have to farm for something in this game, there are so many places to go that force you to do so, meaning that all your time spent on farming is actually something that can help you complete the game, like getting the top rank in everything.

Another big pro is that after forgetting about the game and stopping playing for like 6 months, and your mecha becomes absolutely obsolete compared to all new enemies, if you just buy the newest mecha of the same level, all old enemies become impossibly easy to kill, and you do so much more damage while taking so much less damage that you wonder how you could've gone by without it

The above are both sorta cons BTW.
Post #: 94
7/30/2009 14:07:28   
Jokerman

i love MQ and WF for the same reason...awesome graphics AND decent gameplay. the only thing i wannna see out of MQ is like...an all out war between SDF and Allies and the SS. like going into their bases and stuff...encountering Valoth...but im sure thats all to come :)
MQ  Post #: 95
7/30/2009 14:16:34   
Indestructable
Banned

Pros: DESTRUCTION! Awesome, nice mechs. Nice gameplay, occupy my timez yush.

Cons: Mass farming, lvl cap not raised, some mechs need updates, and westion planet = me asleep
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
7/30/2009 18:07:24   
Grimmjows

Why do you think MQ is good?
The plot of course and this is the only game with huge laser firing mechas.
This game has a university or school which I think other games should have.
The SS war I,II
We have the GEAR games pretty fun.
Why do you think it's bad?
PvP CPU suck....
grimlins....
What makes you play MQ over other games?
The plot! A game without a good plot fails like RS...
What doesn't make you play MQ over the other games?
Other games mostly don't have delays MQ does though.
What do you think could be improved?
The PvP CPU,Verified mechas,and grimlins

This is my ophnion.
DF  Post #: 97
7/30/2009 18:11:23   
jerielngzq

Good: Explosions and something to do when you're bored

Bad: Very repetitive. Turn-taking process is incredibly slow.
Post #: 98
7/30/2009 18:13:01   
forumlogin

The Good:

• Animations,
  • Combat System,
  • Specials,
  • The Staff.
  • And a bunch of stuff I'm probably taking for granted.

The Bad:

• There are too many Nova-only items.
  • There are too many Sc-only items.
  • Pretty much all the good stuff are rare,
  • Unless it is at lvls 20+.
  • There are much more FA items than BA.
  • There really aren't that many customization options.
  • The RNG sux.

DF MQ  Post #: 99
7/30/2009 18:13:32   
Templar Knight

I like it....I can't really think of anything I "hate" about it.

< Message edited by Templar101 -- 7/30/2009 18:14:17 >
DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition