Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2011 13:08:06   
Dendavex

@Omni
So Omni how would you (example) IF you bought something on internet and they keep taking your money behind your back how would you feel when you find out ???

I feel like I have been robbed anybody else?
Epic  Post #: 276
8/5/2011 13:16:49   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

I have been with AE for years, and myself have spent plenty of money purchasing Varium and Promotional Items. The game isn't taking anyone's money behind their back (Seriously guys that's illegal). What they have done is made a game so addictingly fun to play that people feel that spending their money on it is worth it. No one is ever forced to buy anything, and despite what everyone thinks you really don't need every single new piece of equipment. People are obsessed with having every last stat point and feel they are being cheated if a new weapon is released that has one more damage or one more stat point. Truth is people don't need it, but they crave it thus they purchase it. Would it be nice for the Varium to stretch even further? Of course, and we already have ideas and suggestions and things we are working on to further that effort.
Post #: 277
8/5/2011 13:17:01   
Algorithm

Do you have to refresh to see the restocked items?
Post #: 278
8/5/2011 13:18:53   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

With the updated improvements set for next week, and the opportunity for more features, this is important to me. Where this game lacks is features, so it feels quite promising. This game is such a reflection on life, we have hopes and preparations to get certain aspects accomplished, yet the unexpected happens.

If this was a time membership game, then there would be issues, since it is not, it is unnecessary at being so upset.

It also gives me time to create more wonderful posts. :)

With your post Omni, people don't need to purchase everything that is released, yet this is only a pvp game with not much beyond. People who do spend are spending to compete, and in some cases, to win.
When the game can truly balance themselves in cost structure, feature structure and balance structure (stats/classes), then this game will provide well rounded entertainment. As of now, its mainly pvp. and it is clearly pay to win. If the game becomes skills and strategy, then your statement can truly apply. :)

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 8/5/2011 13:27:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 279
8/5/2011 13:24:16   
zelemania

At what time the server will be updated and are the lqs gonna be available just right after the update is over?
Post #: 280
8/5/2011 13:28:24   
DeathGuard

I'm really impressed about the flamming in this thread, guys what you don't try to dominate that anger and turn it into positive ideads or creative builds, I'm not mad because balance changes were delayed but we must understand that it needs work, and work needs time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 281
8/5/2011 13:32:11   
goldslayer1

restocked.
AQW Epic  Post #: 282
8/5/2011 13:32:23   
icestorm100

They nerfed EVERYTHING thats supposed to be parta killin people. Now wheres the fun? >:|
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 283
8/5/2011 13:33:52   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Do you have to refresh to see the restocked items?

As far as I know, you have to refresh to see the restocked items. :)
Post #: 284
8/5/2011 13:35:16   
goldslayer1

quote:

As far as I know, you have to refresh to see the restocked items. :)

she means refesh the shop ingame
like click shop then click exit shop then shop again.
thats what she means by refresh
cause i literally saw some people refresh ED to get the armor.
AQW Epic  Post #: 285
8/5/2011 13:51:28   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

As mentioned by NightWraith on Twitter we have resotcked some of the LQS Items, so go take a gander around!

quote:

With your post Omni, people don't need to purchase everything that is released, yet this is only a pvp game with not much beyond. People who do spend are spending to compete, and in some cases, to win.
When the game can truly balance themselves in cost structure, feature structure and balance structure (stats/classes), then this game will provide well rounded entertainment. As of now, its mainly pvp. and it is clearly pay to win. If the game becomes skills and strategy, then your statement can truly apply. :)

We desire to bring forth every one of these things to make EpicDuel as successful as possible. Currently it is pretty cutthroat with the battles and being the best with the latest equipment, but really we are stuck between a rock and a hard place most updates. If we don't release something (item/feature wise) people get mad because they want shiny new items to dominate with, where as when we do bring forth items/features we are "money grubbing" because now people feel compelled to buy the new items and for our paying players that equates to purchasing Varium or using some they have already purchased. We'll keep doing our best to balance as well as bring new features and equipment to the game as long as you all keep being awesome!
Post #: 286
8/5/2011 15:05:53   
edwardvulture

I regret buying varium. If all the profits from AE are combined, then why don't I have the option of making 5000 varium into battleon points?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 287
8/5/2011 15:10:52   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@whoever asked where I have been. I posted on Twitter that I had to deal with some automobile issues. The transmission on my car blew. I'm sorry I haven't been around much today to keep you updated. As Night said, there should be another restock later tonight. I am not trying to deceive you, but sometimes problems come up and I'm glad that we started testing earlier than usual in order to catch these things before we put them onto the live servers.
Post #: 288
8/5/2011 15:12:10   
bobbyhonkers

So is the robot nerf still coming tonight?
Post #: 289
8/5/2011 15:12:52   
goldslayer1

well seems like the independence day items are leaving.
and still no screaming eagle promo :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 290
8/5/2011 16:19:49   
Harlock

After 2 week I lost 3 times the chance to keep the Tesla Armor coz ED introduced it in limited amount in wrong moment of the day. I'm wandering if this it'll be the way to indrodueced new items? If so, probably I couldn't take no one for a while coz simply I couldn't stay on line all the day waiting the right moment or press as fast as I can the button b4 it was to late. I'm frustaed for this and honestly I think Isn't a good way to treat people they supported ED work, till today. I'll survive also without Tesla but I wish this it'll be the last time they do this kind of shop or otherwise I'll cancel my account. I'm playing ED since 2 years, in this period of time the improvemts are not so generouse few weapons, few levels, few skills and few way to customize my character otherwise I got many bugs some of em very annoying when I'm playing at 2vs2 duel. Really I wish this could be the last time for this kind of experiments it couldn't be a blanced game till all players have the same chances to improve his character. Sadly Harlock

< Message edited by Omni -- 8/5/2011 16:22:53 >
Epic  Post #: 291
8/5/2011 16:21:57   
Feral Ninja

....So, I just came back from working for 10 hours...And it got restocked in the time I was working.... GREAT. >_<

Tell me, is the other restock going to be here within the next 3-4 hours? If not... Then I'll miss the other restock aswell.... FML!

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 292
8/5/2011 16:24:06   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Just double checked on my BM, i have all i want. Won't be getting anything for my BH, as 1. He has 4k Credits, and 2. Has better gear.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 293
8/5/2011 16:25:52   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

Let's use the more recent thread for discussion of the release.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19417598

Locked!
Post #: 294
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition