Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 8 of 12«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2011 14:10:02   
Sparticus

Thanks for the info Cindy...

Focus builds are far from dead. There are several variations of attacks that don't require you to use both BOT attacks. Stop being dramatic and think about it a bit. If you can't use both your Gamma Bot attacks neither can the other guy. That's one less attack you have to endure. That's a good thing for you not a bad thing. Just use another attack in your arsenal instead and there you go. It's not that difficult or challenging to think up new attack patterns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
8/4/2011 14:20:54   
IsaiahtheMage

@Cindy I hope your balance team fixes the issues with this next update because you just destroyed the entire bot community. This is not helping balance it is destroying it. 5 Focus was the only balanced build now its gone. You guys are suppose to be helping balance not destroying it. I mean you probably just destroyed 60% of your community.
AQW Epic  Post #: 177
8/4/2011 14:28:25   
Calogero

They did NOT destroy the whole Bot community, They just made it that you have to THINK before you act.

The Bots were ment to be ' Helpfull ' Not Spam me plz...

Now you need to think before you act... you know like Tech Mages are doing the entire time

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
8/4/2011 14:29:47   
heroquest

cinderella and all hi i read the post for this update but when it comes live thx and sorry for the question
Post #: 179
8/4/2011 14:38:54   
coolboyD

This update will just destroy juggernaut battles because almost everyone there is using a 5 focus build. Its the most effective build in juggernaut battles. With the best equipment this build can take on 2 lvl 30s easily, with the update this will be impossible.

this is what i was thinking
strength build was made for 1 vs 1
support build was made for 2 vs 2
tank builds for juggernaut battles
AQW Epic  Post #: 180
8/4/2011 14:40:27   
Celestine
Constructive!

[@IsaiahtheMage:]

Bots will still be useful, they aren't planning on changing anything besides separating the turns the bot can attack. It is used too often now and the damage it inflicts is devastating. If anything, this is going in the right direction.
Five Focus aren't balanced at all, unless you separate your enhancements to be the equal or at least close.
I have a Five Focus build with +51 Tech Boost, is that balanced? I don't think so. Neither is the other Five Focus builds I've seen.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 181
8/4/2011 15:12:21   
edwardvulture

You know non-variums are suppose to have a "decent" chance in Juggernaut. Just the other day i fought this level 30 founder with beta weps and I have my normal equips (on my alternate acc Pow3r) while me partner had a noob stick and nothing els. How am I suppose to win. Juggernaut is bad and I bet a lot of new players quit over it. Those 80% or 90% on the all-time jugger boards have probably force dozens of (fairly) new players to quit.

Profanity removed, no need to swear. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 8/4/2011 16:31:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
8/4/2011 15:22:46   
IsaiahtheMage

@Celestine It is the most balanced build we have. At least it has even stats and doesnt just dump a million stats into strenght or support.
@andy123 Some people prefer just using their bot to win instead of being super strategic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 183
8/4/2011 15:25:59   
ansh0

@Cindy you stated in a post that you had been a part of epic duel from day 1 so does that mean ur a dev?
But you didn't have a yellow name(devs) when I met you in-game. Or are you just a game tester or moderator like ashari, Dax , wiseman?( and more)

~black spidey

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Epic  Post #: 184
8/4/2011 15:31:13   
skeletondude

@isaiath
The bot were only suppose to be side help and not the main weap in a match which is oped.It totally spoils an entire match

@edward
non var's can stand a decent chance on juggernaut with a decent focus 4 build it maybe get win ratio of 70%-90% if u think strategically and most of the low lvl player that i face all ready have ways of killing juggernaut's ,they even get really lucky with crits like bunker buster and cheap shot.

AQW Epic  Post #: 185
8/4/2011 15:35:22   
goldslayer1

quote:

It is the most balanced build we have. At least it has even stats and doesnt just dump a million stats into strenght or support

dude u can use a 5 focus build and spam 105 support along with it.
5 focus was OP.
and stat spamming allows the spammer to be weak in another field while 5 focus didn't.
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
8/4/2011 15:39:24   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslayer1 Even if that is true what is the problem with that? If it so powerful of a build then why wont you just use it?
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
8/4/2011 15:39:43   
altimatum

Focus builds weren't balanced... they could come close to pure tank builds and outdamage most offense builds. They were one of the most brain-dead and troll spam builds out there.
Post #: 188
8/4/2011 15:41:31   
Calogero

I notice that most people Against this Bot nerf are 5 Focus Poison Bot Tact Mercs...

so in a way, this is 2 Op's in 1 go nerfed

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/4/2011 15:45:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
8/4/2011 15:42:44   
altimatum

gamma bot is now effectively another aux instead of spam damage
Post #: 190
8/4/2011 15:43:38   
edwardvulture

@skelte I mean the victims. The ones not the juggernaut.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 191
8/4/2011 15:45:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

Even if that is true what is the problem with that? If it so powerful of a build then why wont you just use it?

why?
because its the go to build for newbies who cant make their own builds.
i can make my own builds, but whats pathetic is anyone with a bot could put 45 on every stat and win 90% without having any ingame skill.
those that sound balanced to u?
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
8/4/2011 15:47:05   
edwardvulture

Sorry to say. 5 bonus actually takes more thinking than strength.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 193
8/4/2011 15:48:18   
goldslayer1

@edvard
well it depends on the player.
im refering to those brain dead ones who just click robot and hope for a crit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 194
8/4/2011 15:51:29   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslayer1 That is totally wrong assumption. Some people(like me) like to use it because it is effective not because we dont know how to make other builds. Beside it is eitheir 5 focus or pure spamming builds. I prefer being balanced then just spamming a stat over and over.
AQW Epic  Post #: 195
8/4/2011 15:51:45   
altimatum

@edward

Well then, without the predictable sequence of bots and aux, focus will be strategical.
Post #: 196
8/4/2011 15:53:28   
edwardvulture

^Good Point
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 197
8/4/2011 15:54:49   
altimatum

Like another wep (the aux) the gamma bot will have to be learned how to be used at appropriate times and how to utilize it.
Post #: 198
8/4/2011 15:59:53   
Feral Ninja

1 problem....

Focus needs 5 stats to work.
Aux only needs 1. (Which is surprisingly one of the most overpowered stats... >_>)

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
8/4/2011 16:59:43   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@ansh- I'm full staff, but I'm not technically a developer because I don't make art or code for the game. I'm more than a moderator, since I'm supposed to be the head mod. I'm basically EpicDuel's Beleen and Stratos rolled into one. :3

Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 8 of 12«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition