Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2011 17:06:35   
TankMage

Looks like a great update ! Balance changes are been worked on, Tesla armor restock & I can't wait to see what Charfades new banners look like.

P.S - More bug facts Cindy!
AQ Epic  Post #: 201
8/4/2011 17:48:01   
LambO

Cinderella, you tell me how the hell does LQS work in Epic Duel.
Amours are needed in ED, to become stronger. If varium amours are released they should be Limited Time Shop, not a fail Limited Quanity Shop. Varium players SHOULD NOT have to fight over a amour, we all pay we all deserve it.

LQS in AQW works because there's variety, there are loads of items to choose from & theres just loads in stock so everyone with AC's can purchase something. In ED, you get a amour Energy or physical, 200 or so in stock & you expect it's a good thing? Ain't gonna happen. Better think before the release goes live & make it a Limited Time Shop.
I'm getting tired of you guys releasing things American Based time zones only. This is a freakin World Wide community.

Someone propably gonna post, something silly like "There only a small team, give them time"
Not my problem. No one is stopping them from recruiting new people, asking for help from the AQW, DF, AQ, HS teams...
Just the same excuse over & over.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 202
8/4/2011 18:00:25   
aqwshadowking14

@Lambo That is very true, all the strongest armors are in the LQS shops, but theres like only 500 hundred of them so 2/3 of the varium can't get it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 203
8/4/2011 18:00:35   
Buffy A. Summers

I Have Found The Majority Of LambO's Recent Forum Posts (Concerning LQS/LTS, Tesla Armor, Founder Armor) To Be...

ORNERY - Definition ~ Ugly And Unpleasant In Dispostion Or Temper, Disagreeable.

As Well As Very...

CANTANKEROUS - Defintion ~ Ill-Tempered And Quarrelsome.

I Sincerely Hope You (The ED Staff) Get This Man A +9 Armor Fast So He Can Stop Being So Dam...

GRUMPY - Defintion ~ Surly, Sulky And Cranky.

*Rolls Eyes*

Jeez.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 8/4/2011 18:08:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 204
8/4/2011 18:03:53   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I have already formatted my build for the adjustment, so it will be a treat to see how it fairs. Gamma Bot will not be my Primary form of attack, but supplemental. The question is, can my build defense hold up against more strength and support based attacks.

This will be a challenge, and challenges I am quite fond of.

AQW Epic  Post #: 205
8/4/2011 18:13:23   
LambO

Buffy, I'm doing this for myself & other varium players who actually work for a living, live in different time zones & are just not able to make it on the LQS restock.

I wouldn't flame half as much if they actually listened & done the things the players want, not what the Dev's want.
I don't want to flame the Dev's, but they leave me no choice. I don't flame the other Dev's & mods on other games, because they give me my moneys worth, they make it fair & they listen. I flame the Dev's here to get my point across, the utter lie about we listen, the amount of money you gotta pay for things in this game & this game is far from fair.

& blah blah blah, fix this crap.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 206
8/4/2011 18:16:53   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@LambO- quite frankly, flaming me is not winning you any points. I'm not seeing you as a "crusader", and I do understand your frustration. I doubt we would do an LTS for the Tesla armor, though, because that would not be fair to the people who did buy the armor right away. We don't want it to get sold out in 3 minutes, so we're planning on putting more of them at a variety of vendors. We're thinking of making an LTS for the next limited rare item, though, since it's a popular idea.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 8/4/2011 18:17:54 >
Post #: 207
8/4/2011 18:20:58   
Calogero

well Cinderella

It's eather Limited Time shops
or Limited Quantity over let's say 3 Time zones, which I think wouldn't suit all of you to update manualy...

@ Lambo

Serious, don't think you are the only one Working non US living player around here, I missed the Bunny Borg armor the first time
and with the restock I was able to get the last one... which wasn"t even the one I needed ( E instead of P )
You didn't see me go on a rampage on the forums

Good things happen to those that are patient.

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/4/2011 18:22:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 208
8/4/2011 18:28:22   
LambO

Alright, so it wouldn't be fair for the people who brought it, but it's okay to leave out other paying customers, who live in a different time zone & have other things to do in life. Got it.
Cinderella, I don't want to flame you or anyone, but when it's my money in this game & I'm getting treated like crap, then flame on..
It should of always been a LTS, not LQS. These items are not skins & when paying players have to fight over a varium amour, which we all should be able to get, it's just wrong.

Andy, read my posts, I never exactly say I was the only one, I even stated I'm doing this for myself & other varium players.
So, cause I didn't see you 'Rampage on the forums', means? I'm not you & you ain't me, we are two different people.
'Good things happen to those that are patient.' I doubt it .=/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 209
8/4/2011 18:34:31   
Calogero

shure it does...

I've been waiting like ' forever ' for Caster update and Bot nerf and here we are about to have those 2 things...

Cindy just said herself, Next shop will be a LTS meaning, you'll get also what you want.

btw, didn't Tesla get released very early last week, like at 19.00 where I live and then again a few hours later?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 210
8/4/2011 18:39:04   
Feral Ninja

Time for my 5 cents...

When we all have to fight over some random item/weapon/armor/whatever... That's fine.
When we all have to fight over the strongest armor in the game... That's NOT fine.

Whilst I know it's too late for a LTS for Tesla, alot of us would very much like to have a LTS for the following rares.

So basically when only a part of the people who pay can get an advantage over other people... That's quite unfair.

Note that I am NOT against LQS, just not when it holds the strongest piece of armor there is.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
8/4/2011 18:54:04   
Hun Kingq

So many players did not want the Tesla armor but they brought it anyway so the ones that want it could not buy it when you travel around the game check players inventory and see ho many have the Tesla E armor, you will see hardly any players have that armor because they sold it already. Those same players are planing to do the same thing with the next restock so the players that want the armor and need the armor can't get the armor.

Myself I liked the look of the Tesla armor as well as the new stat placement and if you don't think that Tesla armor is not that good then take a look at Magyar King Character page. Only boss I have not beaten because I don't have the Tesla E armor is the new Admin boss.
Epic  Post #: 212
8/4/2011 19:08:31   
One Winged Angel1357

well my build tanks as of right now and not in the good way so friday i hope to go back to 50-100 wins a day with all this new creativity being sent to us
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 213
8/4/2011 19:44:50   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@LambO- no, it's not okay. And I apologize that so far we've been unlucky in picking times that are convenient for all players. A limited time shop would be better in the future, but we did promise this one as a limited quantity item.

@Hun- statements like that turn me into Professor Farnsworth ("I don't want to live on this planet anymore")

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 8/4/2011 19:46:20 >
Post #: 214
8/4/2011 19:45:51   
PD

I have a bad feeling about this update.

But then again, everyone already knows of the oncoming storm :P
Post #: 215
8/4/2011 21:28:23   
PivotalDisorder

so your robot has 1 less attack. doesnt mean 5 focus builds die. a build with an even spread of points [before enhancements] can still be very good.
and I wont be making much change to mine. no one complained support builds are dead even though it was only mercs who had more than just aux.

@Andy: the energy armours sold out in about 1 minute each time. physical 2-3 minutes. and they shocked most people by releasing update early.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 8/4/2011 21:37:11 >

Post #: 216
8/4/2011 22:25:21   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Hey so we got a time for the LQ release or am I gonna wake up and miss it?
AQW Epic  Post #: 217
8/4/2011 22:59:22   
Angels Holocaust

I gotta admit, this game has a way of treating their customers unfairly. They tend to go back on their words as much as Barack Obama did on his promises. I for one was extremely ticked off when they decided to release the armor at 1 p.m. The Design notes said at noon which is around 5-6 p.m. What the hell was that? Releasing it 4-5 hours earlier. I don't know why, but with the grace of god I was smart enough to wake up and check the forums, as soon as someone posted release was live I logged in and bought the armor.

Let's talk about promises, in the business world or when your on a date with someone, it's best to be on time not 4-5 hours earlier or later. I don't know why but it sounds as if the Devs like it when the community trolls or complains, we're not asking for too much, just stability.

For goodness sake, Devs, try not to mess this up again. Set a scheduled time, and if your a couple of hours early, maybe you can fix the dam Lag that comicalbiker has been complaining about for weeks, or maybe you can brainstorm up some good ideas to make this game more balanced.
Post #: 218
8/4/2011 23:15:33   
Jacksmart

It was just an armor not a life or death situation. Im sure they had a good reason to break that promise and change the release time, If that is really breaking a promise because I dont see it as that.

< Message edited by Jacksmart -- 8/4/2011 23:32:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
8/4/2011 23:57:28   
Hun Kingq

Cinderella, That is a small percentage of players plans about buying the armor just to make sure that everyone does not get one, some are even talking about buying multiple Tesla E Armors.

Players will screw over other players and the players that thought those players were their friends or best buddies will get screwed over the worst.

That is why limits should be put in place on how many a person could buy per account and even if they sell it then they can't by another and when they sell it then it should go back to the vendor they brought it from and be up for sell again.
Epic  Post #: 220
8/5/2011 0:14:20   
edwardvulture

^ or limited time shop. You'll just have to wait until the next limited item. (for fairer chances of buying)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 221
8/5/2011 0:17:33   
PivotalDisorder

if they had put the shop for 15 minutes each restock, they would of made a killing.
Post #: 222
8/5/2011 0:19:18   
happysmurf44

in all honesty i think this is an amazing start towards balance you know what i am a varium user (delta and founder stuff) on my main account and im a tlm with i guess is a str build but its pretty balanced anyway i never used nor owned a bot and i won just fine without it i

think that nerfing the bot is a great thing. one people will need to rely more on their skill then building their whole build accrosed spamming tech and making sure they live long enough to use the bot again now they need to actually attack on their own and as for the plasma rain

and bolt buffs i hope that they grow with level very well because mages just get pooped on i havnt lost to a mage in a long time just for the soul fact that they are a skill class and cant rely on the newest weapon to help them they need to hope that their stats work with their

weapon and now their stats can do more damage being as they in essense are supposed to be a heavy skill based class and for cyber hunters i think when they get a better buff they will also compete very well i feel they need to either do more damage or ignore some

defence to utilize thier skills better though
Epic  Post #: 223
8/5/2011 0:21:52   
alkenchurch

Would the telsa armors be restocked in 12 am pacific time?

Check My Blog At: http://epicduelblogs.blogspot.com/
AQ Epic  Post #: 224
8/5/2011 0:31:46   
happysmurf44

and also in the way people are asking for more testers i think a fair way to choose this is to pick two (2) VALUED players from ed,aq,and aqworlds that alll play this game that way we would end up with a very small yet understanding group of people able to help the devs with creative ideas i suggest that the players be older players per game i say beta or older for ed and as such with the other two games loyal people with mature personalities some one for ed such as jzannu and the like whom have always show maturity in game and forums
Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition