Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2011 15:08:51   
Ubear

@gold the energy attack of gamma bot is classed as the special attack, and if you can use that more often then the normal attack then that's abit illogical

< Message edited by Ubear -- 8/3/2011 15:09:12 >

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
8/3/2011 15:09:00   
Bunshichi

^ Thats what I was thinking but I guess we are subject to be test subjects again.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/3/2011 15:12:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

@gold the energy attack of gamma bot is classed as the special attack, and if you can use that more often then the normal attack then that's abit illogical

IMO i dont think they should classify the second skill as a "special" its just stupid and pointless since in gammabot the energy does just as much damage as the physical one (if players have the same defense) so theres really nothing special about it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
8/3/2011 15:15:13   
Ubear

@gold: Gamma bot isn't the only bot about and there will most likely be more in the future. The other bot that is available, Assault Bot, has a special attack and doesn't do damage on that attack
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
8/3/2011 15:18:31   
altimatum

This update will change how we play competitively it's a breath of fresh air.
Post #: 55
8/3/2011 15:18:41   
voidance

This is why I like the underdog classes, when I wreck you, you know that build was mine and not some half rate copy n paste build. Anyways, enough boasting, I'm quite happy with the information. This is gonna kill that simple minded 5 focus build, I'm excited to see how caster skills are gonna turn out, don't care about CH's buff because it doesn't effect me in anyway, and tbh I don't think the strength skills nerf is gonna effect blood mages berserker much if any at all.

As far as the lag fix goes idc because I haven't noticed it.

Oh and as far as tesla goes I also don't care much. I'd like to have a set but if I don't get one I'm ok with my bunnyborg and warbots.

< Message edited by voidance -- 8/3/2011 15:25:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
8/3/2011 15:21:27   
altimatum

List of builds I want to retry after focus goes down:

1. support bh
2. caster mage
3.passive bh
Post #: 57
8/3/2011 15:23:50   
Fay Beeee

Thank you for the info Cindy.

And the bug info too :) Very interesting.
Any info on killer Bee's LOL

I can feel a build change coming on Friday.

Epic  Post #: 58
8/3/2011 15:33:12   
edwardvulture

Thats interesting, but I don't see a direct nerf to TLM so I'm not exactly satisfied.
EDIT: and I hope you guys are still working on new robots, hopefully a non-varium one.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 8/3/2011 15:34:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
8/3/2011 15:44:42   
Larcell

Just when I was going to temporally retire...

Question:
How does this work out exactly? Will these skills become passive?
quote:

• Percentage based skills (Berzerker, Bludgeon, Double Strike, Massacre) will now work like Deadly Aim, applying to the relevant equipped item instead of the entire attack amount
Epic  Post #: 60
8/3/2011 15:48:38   
Drianx

As usual, numerous adjustments, little overall effectiveness. At least half of them I did not understand. They only make the game more complicated -> more people snatching builds instead of creating them themselves.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
8/3/2011 15:49:03   
voidance

Say you have berserker level 1 with a 32 damage weapon, your damage will be your (strength damage)+32+22.4

And if you don't understand still, it adds 70% of your weapon damage just for that one attack.

< Message edited by voidance -- 8/3/2011 15:51:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/3/2011 15:50:09   
goldslayer1

@larcell
it will do damage based on ur weapon.
u know how with a +33 damage gun with, deadly aim gives +10 maxxed out?
while +32 is +9 damage when maxxed out?
what this will do is
it will be for example
34 damage X .7 (from berserker) and what u get is the ammoutn of damage u do over ur strike (in this case its 24. so its ur strike damage +24 damage)
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/3/2011 16:48:55   
IsaiahtheMage

@Turkish How is nerfing abunch of 5 Focus Build players and their bots the solution to creativty?! Everything thing else is the same creativty comes from builds nerfing bots does not open up any new original or creative builds everything is still super limited. You still have eitheir 5 Focus Build(Greatly weakened now) or spamming builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/3/2011 17:06:35   
edwardvulture

The grenades both need a buff and plasma rain is the only spell getting buffed?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
8/3/2011 17:17:42   
One Winged Angel1357

remove the power from stat spammers beleive it or not that actully lessens the F2P Varium gap nice balance call guys
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/3/2011 17:20:26   
LambO

LQS Restock

As stated in last week's DNs, we plan on restocking the Telsa and Lady Tesla Armors once again with the new release on Friday. This restock will be small, but we'll try to give everyone who missed out on it last week a chance to grab it! This is the last guaranteed restock. After this weekend, restocks, if they happen, will be very small and entirely random. We want to provide a fair chance to as many players as possible to grab the LQS items, but we also want to retain rarity and value of the item for those who were lucky enough to grab it immediately.

I swear if I miss this again due to work & you guys releasing stuff american based time zones, You'd better be upgrading the Founder amour. I'm not in the mood. "We listen to players." bullcrap. We've stated with want LTS not LQS, this isn't AQW. This is ED, we need amours to be strong, AQW amours are just skins.
THINK before you do something stupid. Seriously, if I miss this restock I hope you're ready to take the credits & varium from my account & implant the amour.

Just came home from a freakin hot day at work, no rest 2 trains home & I come on to read this. Complete joke.

< Message edited by LambO -- 8/3/2011 17:21:13 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/3/2011 17:21:28   
Agiluz

quote:

• Buff to Plasma Rain, and Multi-Shot as they will now improve with each 4 points invested in Technology or Dexterity (to match Artillery Strike)

OMG! this is a dream come true!!!! *tears of joy*
Post #: 68
8/3/2011 17:26:34   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I can honestly say, i have never used Multi-shot, or Plasma Rain. Are they actually that good of a skill? I've always avoided those type.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/3/2011 17:28:32   
One Winged Angel1357

Digi Rain is only good in a 2v2 fight if you pair it with Bolt or Overload which uses lots of energy other then that i have never found a successful just Rain build becuase an EMP can easily counter it for a handful of rounds
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
8/3/2011 17:30:13   
demonred1

Robot Nerf :This is great it gives non variums more of a chance beating varium players.

If your not going to try then walk away. NGU (Never Give Up)
Post #: 71
8/3/2011 17:32:26   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@OWA, i can see it benefits users in 2v2 greatly, just like Artillery does for Mercs. I'll probably equip my daggers and give it a shot (no pun intended)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
8/3/2011 17:41:06   
One Winged Angel1357

its energy and on par wiht Artilery now and Res is ussally more neglected then Def so it should have some promise GL Digi i might just retrain to my old Beta Caster 2v2 build(which did ge me on the daily afew times)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/3/2011 17:58:29   
Hun Kingq

What time will the restock happen? How many will be in the restock? Don't tell us 350 and then it is only 75.
Take into consideration players have school and work.
How about for 100 Varium/100 Credits allow players for each account reserve the armor they want per account and if they want both armors then it would be 200 Varium/ 200 credits per account.

Both my accounts just need the energy armors so I would be willing to have 100 varium/100 credits deducted from each account.
Epic  Post #: 74
8/3/2011 17:58:34   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larcell

Just when I was going to temporally retire...

Question:
How does this work out exactly? Will these skills become passive?
quote:

• Percentage based skills (Berzerker, Bludgeon, Double Strike, Massacre) will now work like Deadly Aim, applying to the relevant equipped item instead of the entire attack amount

Percent based skills like Berzerker, Bludgeon, Double Strike and Massacre will now only give the bonus based off of weapon damage (ie: the +33 or +34). Your base damage from Strength won't be increased as well. The percent bonuses for each skill will be adjusted of course.

Also don't forget that multi skills will be effected by scaling as well, so every multi will be more useful in high level 2v2.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition