Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2011 20:03:29   
Clutch

This should be good, their basically destroying focus builds with the robot thing. And yet at the same time nerfing str builds. Only question is, who gets hurt less? And also the buffing of the mages... all very interesting.I like Jzaanu's approach to this update, should be fun to experiment. Guys, only the 'weak' complain, the REAL players are the ones who rise no matter what is thrown at them.
As an old friend once said, 'Evolve or Die'.
AQ Epic  Post #: 101
8/3/2011 20:05:42   
Angels Holocaust

@ Clutch

You forgot about the people who always class change. Lol.
Post #: 102
8/3/2011 20:08:22   
Hun Kingq

Berzerker will be like Deadly Aim, boy that sucks, Berzerker at level 1 is a very powerful skill even with moderate strength, now it is going to be nerfed, so another high energy useless skill because the best level for Deadly aim is Level 10 so for Berzerker to be effective will be at max.

This is why each class should have unlinked unique skills.

So everyone thank the mercs for the nerf links.

Improving Plasma rain and overload is a plus.

Everyone complaining the robot will get nerfed but only bot that should be affected should be the Gamma Bot because for one it has two attacks while the energy bot only has one attack and the Gamma Bot is the one that players are losing battle too. It is not really a nerf unless they lessen the amount of damage it inflicts as well. To send both modes of attack into cool down is not a nerf because it will inflict the same amount of damage.

Well, we will see Friday if this will be good or bad and for which class.

The main thing I want to know is what time will the restock happen hopefully not a 2pm blind side again or a no in-game announcement restock or a restock that is to happen at 8pm happens at 7:57pm.
Epic  Post #: 103
8/3/2011 20:11:08   
Womba

@Clutch "Evolve or Die", is a good way to look at things... But it's not really catchy.

The weak evolve to become strong, while the strong become the weak, only to evolve to become strong.

Well... I'm just a noobish F2P'er... So... I am glad to see the direction some things will be going. I just hope this means I can bunker-nuke people without having to hoard all the points into Dex.

Like me some good 'ole balance!
DF AQW  Post #: 104
8/3/2011 20:21:24   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

For the Balance team and Developers:

It is kind to start implementing a form of scaling, but as I mentioned in my own thread, it is a form of devaluation of a person's time in credits or varium. Trying to scale or use encumbrance against aggressive stat building with enhancements, a player should have the right to get 100% value in their work or purchase. I find this as a unbalance in regard to customer economics and freedom.

To obtain true balance, and to detect differences, there should be a set amount of stats awarded for leveling, armors, and weapons.

The game made an error in the introduction of enhancements and also with the massively stat weapons, and due to both, you have a challenge in trying to balance a game that can never be balanced due to those two issues.

Do you have plans to truly level this game or will it continue the path of who has most stat points within their build will be deemed winner?

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 8/3/2011 20:32:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
8/3/2011 20:27:28   
DeathGuard

@Jzaanu: That is the truth that needs this game, hopefully they will accept it just as a reality. If they continue laying in the ground, and they don't try to stand up, this game won't progress.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
8/3/2011 20:34:44   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Cyberbakio, I do hope, we get a definitive response. We are now on the 4th stage of development, and with this (stat)system, the only progress has been only of economics and not balance.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 8/3/2011 20:35:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 107
8/3/2011 20:43:55   
DeathGuard

Yes, I agree in your response, and I know you still have hopes, I still have hopes and most of the forums still do too, but they must do their part, this coming release seems huge but hopefully they don't ruin it with something really insignificant. I still support these game even when I'm thinking of quitting it. May their ears be clean and our words get to their minds.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
8/3/2011 20:45:35   
One Winged Angel1357

Delta means change and we are seeing a helluva lot of change lately i give props to the Testing team for this
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 109
8/3/2011 20:50:43   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

My balance team is yelling at me, but Night and Titan aren't around. The balance team wants me to say that they don't want me to announce that the cooldown for the bots is going down, and that they have to test whether 2 or 3 turns for cooldown is best, and that I was wrong to have announced it prematurely. So allow me to amend my previous statement.

We are going to test lowering the cooldown on the bots with the balance adjustment. If it turns out that leaving it at 3 is more balanced, we will leave it at 3. If it turns out that lowering it to 2 is better, then we will lower it to 2.
Post #: 110
8/3/2011 20:53:43   
PivotalDisorder

I like the change to robot [if the cool-down is left as it is] and my main has a 5 focus gamma bot build that is awesome :)
seems better than the 1 time use per robot skill that others suggested. means you can't just rely on robot to win fast and
must choose your attack more carefully. If this encourages more players to use strength builds than shame on them.

those players will always leap to w/e works best. its cool. just means that will probably get "nerfed" too.

this is a great update. the static charge buff seems amazing. I didn't want it to become a passive so I'm happy.
caster skills finally getting a much needed boost, including multi and plasma rain. I'm also a bit disappointed that tactical
mercs weren't singled out for a nerf but its ok. this is the 2nd balance update since the new classes were released and I'm
sure its not the last.

I can live with another fortnight of praying they dont block my robot while im smoked [if they do, I lose, they dont, I win]
Post #: 111
8/3/2011 20:55:43   
DeathGuard

@Cindy: Thanks for the preview of it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
8/3/2011 21:05:14   
One Winged Angel1357

nice save Cindy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
8/3/2011 21:09:09   
Infinity Everlasting

The admins approach to this release is definitely very well thought out, and it would be interesting to see how useful the new berserker would be, though if it really equals deadly aim, I think it should get a mp decrease to increase its usefulness. As for the Tesla armors, it's bad news for me because I can't get my char to lv 29 in time, though maybe if I can hoard enough gold then I might manage to buy it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
8/3/2011 21:52:31   
DeathSpawn
Banned

quote:

We are going to test lowering the cooldown on the bots with the balance adjustment. If it turns out that leaving it at 3 is more balanced, we will leave it at 3. If it turns out that lowering it to 2 is better, then we will lower it to 2.

Anyone wanna place bets?

2-1 It stays at 3

2-3 It goes to 2

10-1 It goes to 1

50-1 They release everything as advertised and don't say they got kinks to work out before the release :)

Good bets guys I mean shoot just bet one credit on the last and you get 50 back!

PS It's cool if you don't have the creds. I can front you but be warned I do my own debt collection :P

AQW Epic  Post #: 115
8/3/2011 21:55:32   
Sageofpeace

^ the only thing i got say if it stay on 3 say goodbye completely to focus build
Post #: 116
8/3/2011 23:36:52   
Luna_moonraider

hmm nice. yay stupid bot gets nerf finally i m happy cause most non varium do not even have a bot to use woohoo nerf bots and kill all those buggers which use 5 focus.

AQW Epic  Post #: 117
8/3/2011 23:51:42   
bluerain28

@Luna

Yey for that :)

Coz it is really annoying 2 consecutive strong attacks :o.

@Cindy

it is ok that you have told us about the nerf in bot. Because if you didn't , expect after the update that this forum will fill with complain about the attack of the their bots. :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
8/3/2011 23:53:57   
Fatal Impact

Does this mean my double strike will hit higher or lower?
Epic  Post #: 119
8/3/2011 23:56:01   
Luna_moonraider

^ depends on your str i guess we will see if it hits more or hits less when the update goes live.

Ang woohoo to the nerf of bot die u robot user.
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
8/4/2011 0:09:07   
Deimos...

Epic fail. When I saw tells armies were never restocking again after Friday, I was like omfg I better get it! Then it said they will restock it many more times but smaller and random sO I was like eh, I guess I don't need it. I'll get it later if I want it.
Epic  Post #: 121
8/4/2011 0:20:26   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hun Kingq

Berzerker will be like Deadly Aim, boy that sucks, Berzerker at level 1 is a very powerful skill even with moderate strength, now it is going to be nerfed, so another high energy useless skill because the best level for Deadly aim is Level 10 so for Berzerker to be effective will be at max.

This is why each class should have unlinked unique skills.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fatal Impact

Does this mean my double strike will hit higher or lower?

The numbers of the % based skills will all be adjusted. You won't see a decrease in these skills' damage until you go above 100 strength. It will only be a significant nerf for very extreme strength builds.

This will actually be a buff to low strength builds, although they'll probably have better options than Double Strike, Berzerker, Bludgeon or Massacre.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
8/4/2011 0:24:56   
1nf4m0u5

Im guessing the cooldown be the same as gun
so scenario time
5 focus Tlm
poison
technician
bot
zooka
gun
heal
bot
someone dies
As a mage i would beat this with
Malf
Gun
If health less than 60 heal
if more bot special
i got rage in 3 turns zooka
heal
gun
bot
Rage zooka TLM amazed that i won HaHa fools
Nef4r1ous

< Message edited by 1nf4m0u5 -- 8/4/2011 0:28:15 >
Post #: 123
8/4/2011 0:28:37   
PenyihiR

Plasma Rain get a buff to match with Artilerry??
Lolz..,Plasma Rain+Reroute..,Now Tech Mage can Match with Tact Merc (Artilerry+Reroute)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
8/4/2011 0:44:29   
Clutch

Hey but if massacre works like deadly aim, requiring many skill points to be invested into it... can you at least lower the energy cost? I mean at max it'd be 60 energy to use... jeez lol.
AQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition