A great idea from No Longer IP banned that I simply had to turn into a full boss fight. I can't believe this pun hasn't yet been used in AQ...
Location: The void. A scaled-back version could also be added to RA
Monster lean: Offensive (*1.5 intake/output)
M/R/M = 57 each (that of a standard frogzard at level 150).
- WiZard has the standard boss boost, as well as "Transmogrification Immunity" (The monster is immune to shapeshift status effects)
- WiZard is guaranteed to strike first (not sure the easiest way to do this. Perhaps just +1000 Initiative?).
- Any status effects applies to the WiZard that fall under the "Freedom" immunity, as well as any statuses that reduce stats, will be immediately transferred to the player at the start of the Monster's turn*
The WiZards casts a spell to transfer all limitations to its mobility onto you!
- In its first turn, the boss will spend 40 HP to summon two “Lilliputian Zard Sorcerer Armies”*. The fight is treated as if the WiZard and these armies were a pack monster. You can choose to attack either one of the armies or the WiZard itself. Each army has 20HP. However, much like the Diamond Dog boss, you can only damage an army by 1 HP per hit (or 2 HP with crits). This means, barring critical hits, each sorcerer army requires 20 hits to be killed. If you try to attack the WiZard whilst a sorcerer army still lives, it will take the hit instead**. If a sorcerer army dies, any overflow damage is directed to another existing army, and then the WiZard.
* The WiZard splits and shapes part of its own life force to create two tiny Zard armies!
**A tiny zard shields the WiZard from harm!
- If no sorcerer armies are present, the WiZard will spend its turn and some MP to i). Create a barrier* and ii). Gain a elemental shield (*0.25 damage to all elements). If it lacks the sufficient MP, the WiZard will instead spend its turn just creating a barrier. On its next turn, it will then spend 40 HP (if it has sufficient reserves) to create two new Sorcerer armies. It can do this a maximum of three times total.
*The WiZard casts a defensive spell, creating a barrier to shield it from harm!
- If sorcerer armies are present and the Monster has sufficient MP, it will spend it to cast an earth spell (looks a bit like nature’s reclamation). The spell applies a stackable, permanent 110% elemental vulnerability to earth damage. On its first use, this spell will also permanently disable misc items from being used*.
*The WiZard's spell nullifies the effects of your misc items!
- If it lacks sufficient MP, the boss will use a standard earth attack that regenerates MP based on the damage done
- Each army attacks with 3 hits of earth element damage, modified by *[Current HP]/20 (i.e. each one of your hits will reduce the army’s damage by 5-10%).
- The scaled back version in RA could remove the zard armies, barrier and elemental shield. Instead, it could just have the damage spell and standard attack that regenerates MP
Apperance: This and this
Description: Huge, strong and dumb as a rock? Maybe the latter does not apply to this one as it seems to be practicing magic... Either that or it has a curious fashion sense.
This monster was first discovered by "No longer IP banned".
< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 8/11/2021 11:20:14 >