Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Direct-to-Dev Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Direct-to-Dev Questions
Page 11 of 16«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2018 2:40:56   
Bolter

Would it be possible to update the Legends of Lore rewards such as Hydra's Bite, Rejuvenationg Necklace etc. to have their highest lv versions to be lv150G(plvl153)?

Right now they're close enough to Lv150G that it's not a priority. ~Imry

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 1/16/2019 23:24:17 >
AQ  Post #: 251
11/19/2018 11:23:09   
roobee

Will the 50% off Z-token item sale apply to GGB as well?
Post #: 252
11/19/2018 11:43:11   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ While I can't answer that specifically I believe things like GGB are part of a different "data base" adjusting the price of token items isn't the same thing as adjusting GGB and the likes. So when they say token items it means token items. "Token items" means a specific class of items in game(armors, weapons etc.) , ones bought with tokens. This terminology wouldn't apply to stat training, slots and GGB.

This isn't to say it can't be done or added but it's a big difference and would likely would have been mentioned.

I will poke someone about it however.

edit

Hollow has since commented in the release topic.

quote:

The 50% off Z-Token sale will also include all Golden Giftboxes!

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22347297

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 11/19/2018 14:29:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 253
11/22/2018 13:12:57   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

I've been meaning to post this for a while actually, but the current z-token sale has just given me the added push.

Can we have a decent token exclusive set sometime soon? I understand the staff's on a pretty tight schedule and all but aside from a handful of items, there's really nothing much that warrant spending tokens on. The sales are fantastic and but judging by the purchases that were made by players I know, the scope of what they buy is rather limited.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 254
11/26/2018 8:02:18   
Uskius

Is the werepyre's beast form damage affected by war momentum? I'm not really seeing much of a any difference between it at full momentum and a normal booster setup outside the war. The damage and accuracy reduction part of momentum is still working normally, though.

< Message edited by Uskius -- 11/28/2018 8:30:36 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 255
11/28/2018 9:48:44   
Poe
Banned

Are there any plans to add an option to rename the shared vault?
Post #: 256
11/30/2018 23:31:45   
Kajimaru

soo, whens that warrior blood berserker armor comming?
AQ  Post #: 257
12/5/2018 18:08:24   
s_venom

When are the shops for the Spirit of Harvest Misc and Spirit of Frostval Misc are going to be added?
AQ DF  Post #: 258
12/6/2018 14:19:36   
Lineolata

You know what, sure why not. I support it
AQ DF  Post #: 259
12/6/2018 14:39:14   
Aura Knight

No, I think that is an awful idea. You're suggesting bypassing actual stat training and stat point limitations by paying tokens. This would only lead to some broken builds and would ruin the balance of the game. Such a thing should not be done and I can't imagine it ever being implemented. That said, if we have smaller stat boosts for token costs, maybe it could work but no greater than +50 in any stat. It could work similar to the potions from Lucretia where you pay 20 tokens and get to use one of the potion's effects. This could be fair. But the suggested idea is not one I would like to see in game. I completely disagree with that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 260
12/6/2018 15:31:53   
Aura Knight

But in the case of Werepyre subrace builds, dexterity is obviously not needed assuming you only use an inventory full of the subrace armors. If you add an extra 200 stats to the ones that are kept at 0 in most builds would it not change the build itself? Making pure warrior a tanky hybrid and mage a hybrid too? This idea seems to support the end of pure mage and warrior builds and even the end of beast builds.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 261
12/6/2018 22:52:35   
Aura Knight

Yes that would definitely ruin the already fragile balance of the game. You'd be introducing new probably busted builds that would only benefit those who can pay for them and I don't think AQ is meant to have such obvious pay to win choices for us. If they ever do add such a thing there would need to be limitations. Such as a max of +50 points in any one stat for example.

The talks of maxing out a single stat was just for fun. I doubt it was ever serious.

Regardless of what you or I may think in the end it's staff who decide to act on or ignore such an idea. I just hope they deny it because it would only cause problems.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 262
12/10/2018 10:58:17   
Zippleclopper

quote:

Is the werepyre's beast form damage affected by war momentum? I'm not really seeing much of a any difference between it at full momentum and a normal booster setup outside the war. The damage and accuracy reduction part of momentum is still working normally, though.

@Uskius Kind of a late reply but I believe the reason why you aren't seeing much difference even at 100 momentum is because momentum provides an additive damage boost that stacks with other additive boosts you have rather than a multiplicative one. Werepyre's Beast Form deals 200% damage right off the bat. At 100 momentum, it will deal 200%+50% = 250% damage rather than 200% x 1.50 = 300% damage. That means you are only seeing a 25% increase in damage output from there(only accounting the Beast Form) Booster pet/guest then provide additional additive boosts, making the % difference in damage output lesser. The weapons or miscs you use could also provide more additional additive boosts (such as the +9% 0-proc weapon bonus) OR if you are using weapons/miscs that are of older standards, then it isn't counted in here since those provide a multiplicative boost.
Post #: 263
12/14/2018 6:58:19   
Primate Murder

I've raised the question in the GBI thread 'Healing', but never got an answer from the staff, so I guess, I'll ask it here.

The modern standards re-balanced healing for things like weapon attacks (based on damage dealt) to /resist. Why is that?

It makes sense for healing spells and regen items to heal based on 100% resistance, but ele-locked stuff always compensated for using that element (ex: Has a 100*[WaterResist]*[HitsConnected]/[HitsAttempted]% chance to attempt to Paralyse* the monster. - from Fruitcake Fury). The same thing with other effects, such as:

- blind (-[Blind]*[DarkResist] BTH - from Eclipse shield) or

- Choke (*[Mob'sWaterResist] - from Pearl Dragon Blade) or

- DefLoss (-20*[Fire res] defence - from Quester's Shimmering Axe).

I could provide a variety of examples with any other status. Any effect that's linked to elemental damage has an elemental modifier. So why the sudden change for damage-based healing?

Basically the reason for this is because the healing is something affecting the player, not the monster. So that's why the mob's resist is treated as though it's at 100%. Otherwise suddenly health drain stuff would get a bit absurd. Status effects got modified by mob resist since you give up damage for them, but the key thing is these effects are things that are hurting the mob directly. ~Kamui

< Message edited by Kamui -- 1/16/2019 23:39:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 264
12/18/2018 4:05:37   
Bolter

I notice that Spearmint's tiering was updated from it's highest tier becoming lv150G(plvl 153) from lv147G(plvl150). Would it be possible for the rest of the rewards of the 'Decorate The Tree' quest that do not have lv150G(plvl 153) tiers such as Frigid Lance, Coal Maul, Wreath Wrath etc. to be updated from lv147G(plvl 150) to lv150G(plvl 153) tiers as well?

I'll try to do more next year! ~Imry

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 1/16/2019 23:40:42 >
AQ  Post #: 265
12/18/2018 9:48:59   
Shiba

I found when using the School Uniform on my Archer, I could not use the skill. Clearly the weapon's special can still happen. However, I believe this shouldn't happen because the skill is spell-like according to the info subs, normally ignoring all weapon effects.

Could this be fixed so that FD characters can actually use this armour?

Fixed, thanks! ~Imry

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 1/16/2019 23:40:53 >
AQ  Post #: 266
12/20/2018 15:20:42   
PD

Because we are lacking FO earth armors that aren't premium can we look into getting an update into the Deadly Hunter Series? I was pointed out to that we could probably get more diversity into this area. This was made back when the level cap was lower so I think just to expand our options this could be something that could be touched up quickly.
Post #: 267
12/22/2018 3:01:46   
Primate Murder

Nezujimbo, Ninja Lawyer Assassins, Shogun&Ansatsu - these three guests require you to click each turn to choose their attack. This can be rather frustrating and a turn-off for many players, despite being clearly superior to any other guests of their element.

Doomquake Minions, on the other hand, have recently been updated to have multiple attack types as well - but do not require excessive clicking, since you can just toggle them in the beginning of the battle.

If it's not too much trouble, can you change the three abovementioned guests into Doomquake format? This would make them much nicer and easier to use.

Please and Thank You.

Edit: So after a brief discussion with Caecus, I'm altering my suggestion a bit.

Would it be possible to switch the contract guests to a mechanic similar to Hollow's Weather Remotes', where you choose the option you want to go with at the beginning and click again if you want to change it for the next attack?

That way people who like simplicity can select it once, while folks who prefer more strategic options can change it every time they need to.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 12/23/2018 4:16:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 268
12/22/2018 12:39:47   
Caecus

I know this thread isn't for discussion but I hope this is ok since it's in direct response to another request.

While I certainly understand the rationale behind the request to remove the clicking from the contract guests I would like to voice strong disagreement with the change for strategic reasons!

Each of these guests can do several different things (as can the rare pyrerat). I really appreciate the ability to choose what they do in a given moment. Sure they could have the click to change mechanic that most other guests have but it doesn't solve a very important issue to beastmasters; Celerity.

Under celerity (like from bard of war perhaps) these guest allow you to fine tune their actions. Whereas with doomquake minions each guest will simply attack twice using whatever setting it was at when the player's attack finished, the contract guests let you pick both the first and second attack. There are many, many times where this distinction matters.

Ex 1. Against dodgy enemies it is often better to have the ninja lawyers first entangle the enemy and then attack for full damage using their second attack due to the celerity.

Ex 2. To attack once and simply skip the second attack to conserve resources if you've achieved what you needed with the first attack (e.g. a successful nezujimbo freeze followed by conserving sp to use a fire skill next turn).

These may seem like edge cases but given the utility inherent in the contract guests, it comes up rather frequently with them specifically.

I get the desire to streamline the attacking process for players but in this case I think it would remove too much strategic depth.

< Message edited by Caecus -- 12/22/2018 12:43:45 >
Post #: 269
1/4/2019 5:17:22   
Rayimika
Banned

Two questions. With inclusion of Perfectly Balanced Blade constant autohit penalty was reviewed due to stat formulas change in the past. Had and if said adjustment indeed had been applied to Kusanagi, in the process is there any chance Kusanagi's special was updated to new standarts?
AQ AQW  Post #: 270
1/4/2019 19:47:28   
WerepyreFan

Yo. Did anyone notice that there's NO difference between BOA and BOA!!!. Just that you can't swap it for Guardian Blade... :/?

Child of the night...
Post #: 271
1/6/2019 16:24:31   
Relinfearous

Are we going to get a new Guardian Dragon Form as a bonus for buying Guardianship this January?

Nope, just the package. ~Imry

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 1/16/2019 22:36:50 >
AQ  Post #: 272
1/11/2019 6:27:45   
Bolter

Is this a bug or what? why does New Year's Surprise says +NaN BtH now instead of a fixed number and then when I try attacking, all attacks miss? Also Purple Rain seems to be consistently failing now and not succeeding even once.

Frostval Giftbox weapon's specials are also not doing any damage.

< Message edited by Bolter -- 1/11/2019 12:24:13 >
AQ  Post #: 273
1/11/2019 8:29:18   
Shiba

Uhm, theybare bugfixing the game, which apparently (temporarily?) breaks other things! Be patient, they'll fix things.

(Seemingly all statuses are broken to do nothing)
AQ  Post #: 274
1/11/2019 19:15:17   
Slayne

Can we please have an option in the item upgrader to change the New Years spell between the MP & SP version?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Direct-to-Dev Questions
Page 11 of 16«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition