Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Queen of Roses, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Queen of Roses, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/18/2018 9:23:46   
Occavatra

The Queen of Roses

Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Culture Shock
Release Date: August 18th, 2018

Objective: Queen Victoria is burdened by the reign.
Objective completed: Akanthus, just as Jaania, has found his conviction.

Scaled Yes/No: No
Experience rewarded: 0
Gold rewarded: 0

Monsters
None

NPCs
Akanthus
Amadeus
Jaania
Robina

Rewards
None

Dialogue

*An apparently distressed Robina stands on a balcony in Swordhaven's castle to contemplate her new responsibilities as ruler of the kingdom during its time of need.*

Robina: *deep sigh*

*She looks up at the bright sky, wishing the best for her recuperating father to give herself reassurance, yet she still feels out of place.*

Robina: I hope you are well, father.
Robina: I'm not cut out for this. I never thought ruling a kingdom was so... exhausting. You do it with such ease.
Robina: You know how to deal with the dignitaries. Which hands to shake.
Robina: I should have watched you. I should have been around.
Robina: Brittany's much better suited for this than me. Even Tara.
Robina: Brit's not doing well... Whenever she starts regaining even a sliver of health, the next day she's robbed of it.
Robina: She's getting worse and I don't know what to do.
Robina: I'm trying everything. The best mages and medics in the kingdom.
Robina: I can't do anything...
Robina: I can't do anything right...
Robina: Even though people tell me otherwise, I know that the kingdom is crumbling under my "rule". I was never good at this.
Robina: I can't sleep...
Robina: I have no one... No one I can trust here.
Robina: I'm surrounded by sleeziness...

*She begins to tear up, lamenting that her simpler days were behind her now.*

Robina: Mom...
Robina: I don't want this!
Robina: I want to go back to the days I could just...

*She cries in silence for several minutes until a familiar individual unexpectedly shows up on the balcony to see her.*

???: That's not how a queen should act.

*Robina's eyes widened in surprise. She turns around to greet who she thought came to see her.*

Robina: Momma?!

*Her surprised look shifts to a frown in seconds when she realizes who actually came to the balcony.*

Robina: Oh...
Robina: It's you.

*The individual is revealed is none other than Jaania herself who returned from her travels to the Fissure. Robina is obviously less than pleased to see her because she unknowingly misinformed the kingdom about what happened to Alteon.*

Robina: Don't you ever knock?
Jaania: Greetings, my Queen. I just wanted to notify you that I've returned and I'm ready to serve you as you see fit.
Robina: ...
Jaania: My Lady... if you ever need advice, please don't hesitate to knock on my door.
Jaania: I know a thing or two about managing people.
Jaania: You said you can't sleep. I'll be more than happy to help you with that.
Jaania: Although... a good leader loses sleep, so that their subjects can rest well at night.
Robina: Thank you, but I don't require your advice.
Jaania: Very well.

*She smiles blissfully not long after her silent disappointment that Robina is resistant.*

Jaania: I'd make a good queen...
Robina: I beg your pardon?
Jaania: Ah, my apologies. Fare thee well, my Lady. I'll be in my study, if you need me.
Robina: I won't.

*They exchange uneasy stares until Jaania leaves the balcony, leaving Robina by herself once more. Meanwhile, Akanthus is within the Ivory Tower eyeing a lit cyan prism when Amadeus approaches him from behind as well.*

Amadeus: General Akanthus.

*Akanthus's eyes shift toward Amadeus's general direction.*

Akanthus: Don't you ever knock?
Amadeus: Lady Jaania has returned from her voyage and asked me to deliver these reports to you.
Amadeus: She expects you to familiarize yourself with them and report to her post haste.

*He hands Akanthus the reports. He puts down the prism and takes his time to look over them.*

Akanthus: ...

*He is taken by surprise by what the reports document and becomes alarmed when he finishes reading them.*

Akanthus: Have you read this?
Amadeus: I didn't, obviously. These documents were sealed.
Akanthus: ...
Akanthus: This... this is huge. The Fissure...
Akanthus: You're dismissed.

*He walks out of the room while Amadeus looks at him from behind without turning around. Just as the coast is clear, his attention shifts to the prism Akanthus put down. Fades to black.*

• Complete Quest

< Message edited by Peachii -- 9/25/2018 18:16:26 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Queen of Roses, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition