Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tek

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Tek
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/18/2022 13:55:53   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Tek

Location: AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day One, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Two, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Three, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Four, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day ???

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day One

Tek: Hiya! Tek here. I come from pretty far away, so um, sorry if I mess up or get anything wrong...
Tek: Dr. Secundus, when can I get my hands on some spiritlooms? I wanted to see if there was anything I could maybe... tinker with, you know? I learn best hands-on, you see...

Tek: Er... Dr. Secundus?

Tek: You say there's nothing to be concerned about, but if Tomix was meant to be in this class, and he vanished, then... what happened to him? Sounds like a mystery!
    If you select the 'Disappearing students? Sounds interesting!' option:
    Tek: Right? We're smart! We can probably get to the bottom of this! Give us all the details, professor!
Tek: I don't know how you could have fallen asleep! This lecture has been absolutely gripping!

Tek: Ravens are clever. I like it.
    If you joined 'Raven':
    Tek: Neat! Always nice to have another test subject. Er, I mean, friend. Yes. Friend.
Tek: Dr. Secundus seems to be a bit scatterbrained, but definitely not incompetent. The faculty are probably doing their best to keep Edelia safe!
    If you select the 'It's up to us to stop the disappearances!' option:
    Tek: That's true... We've suspected everyone but ourselves... Very unlikely, but I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility...

If you select the 'Remain silent.' option:
    Tek: I don't like it, but until we get more information, we'll just have to look out for ourselves.

If you have sufficiently bonded with Tek:
    Tek: Boo! Haha, you should see your face! Sorry for the scare, I wanted to ask you for some advice on a new project I was working on!

If you select the 'A project, you say?' option:
      Tek: Yes! I'm working on an autonomous clockwork alarm device that can be used to alert its owner of any nearby threats! And well, you seem pretty strong. And threatening. So maybe you can help me test it later?

If you select the 'What's wrong with you?!' option:
      Tek: Hmm. An interesting question. My body temperature could stand to be a few degrees higher at present, all other functions seem normal. And- ah. I take it from your expression that you did not appreciate my um... prank.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Two

Tek: You uh, you've heard of her?

Tek: Got the letter and everything! Signed by you! With all the congratulations and stuff.

Tek: You're not... looking for Tomix?
    If you select the 'I'm sorry, I must not have slept well last night.' option:
    Tek: I actually made a device that makes a light calming whirring noise that helps me fall asleep when I can't stop my brain from thinking about ideas and things! I can maybe lend it to you if you want, <Character>.
Tek: It's certainly the most major concern at the moment. But... what can we do? We're all just new students. We can't weave, or anything!

Tek: So as Maz said, we have to find out what's causing the problem.

Tek: Works for me.
    If you joined 'Raven':
    Tek: Perfect timing, <Character>! Can you hold this for me?

Tek: Working on it! This latest mechanism should be able to help predict the next vanishing event, given proper parameters and attunement... but, ah, I'm still missing some critical components and data. We'll just call it a prototype for now!

Tek: It's true. I can hear his lone brain cell bouncing around his skull. Quite distracting, really.

Tek: Hehe. I'm kidding, I thought you were sleeping, actually. Didn't want to disturb you. <Character> makes for a better assistant, anyway.

Tek: Heh.

Tek: Actually, it kind of does.

Tek: I suppose... that's not out of the realm of possibility...

Tek: And I have an Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube V.05 Beta!

Tek: You were listening! I'm so proud! But it's still better than your "instincts".

If you selected the 'Side with Vaal' option:
      Tek: And my Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube can help with that!

Tek: That's the whole point of it! I thought you were listening!

If you selected the 'Side with Tek' option:
      Tek: Yes, that would be infinitely helpful, as a matter of fact.

Tek: That's probably a good idea. I'm going to be pretty focused on getting the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube up and running! Ooh, I wonder if I can incorporate it into a modular cubular design!

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Three

Tek: Well, technically, since Tomix was a student in our class, and he was one of the ones who disappeared, I think the status of any investigations into the matter is highly pertinent to our class's mental well-being!

Tek: It's a real puzzle, that's for sure.
    If you joined 'Raven':
    Tek: (...)

Tek: (...!)

Tek: I don't think talking slower is going to help, Vaal. HELLO!

Tek: This? It's only the Auto-Mecha-Unsleep-Alarm-Cubeset V2.3! Vaal didn't think it would work, but I knew it would get you up! How's your hearing though? V2.1 had some potential for permanent damage, but I thought I fixed that in V2.2. Not sure if it came back in V2.3.

Tek: Dr. Secundus didn't seem pleased, but he didn't say anything, so I'm sure you're fine. Oh, but he did give us homework!

Tek: Are you sure you're all there, <Character>? No side effects from the Auto-Mecha-Unsleep-Alarm V2.3? Hm, maybe you or I should start, Vaal.

If you select the 'Vaal' option:
      Tek: Yeah! What's up with you, Vaal?

Tek: Tkach... I've heard of them! I was thinking of commissioning them for some mechanism parts but they were way, way out of my price range.

Tek: That's... that's it?

Tek: ...

If you select the 'I can respect that.' option:
        Tek: I don't need your charity!

Tek: You don't get to tell me what I can or can't do!

Tek: No... No. You're fine. Both of you. I'm sorry for making you worry. I... I worked hard to get here. Hearing Vaal's story... It's hard for me to suck up my own pride, you know?

Tek: ...Is that offer still on the table, Vaal? I have an idea for a custom piece that might help with the mechanism...

Tek: ...Thanks.

If you select the 'So... you're just spoiled and lazy?' option:
        Tek: Whatever. Your family has money, right? You can probably have them make some of the parts we need for free!

If you select the 'Tek' option:
      Tek: Oh, it's nothing too interesting. I'm not from around here, you know?

Tek: I thought so too! Well, ever since I was young, I've had a talent for creating mechanisms! The way they move, the way they tick, and spin, everything about them, I have an affinity for it all!
      Tek: My family didn't have a lot, so I had to start with wood scraps and scrounged junk. Had to make do with what people wouldn't miss...
      Tek: But my dream is to create a truly autonomous mechanism! One that can move on its own, even think, and learn, process information, perhaps even build on itself!

Tek: Maybe, but it also sounds wondrous! And weaving could be the key to figuring it all out.

Tek: Yep! I mean, I have some theories and ideas on how it can all tie together, but even if it's not, I'll go and study something else. I've worked this hard to get here, I can work harder.

Tek: I mean, some days, I didn't have a lot to eat but... And I guess some people would call working hard struggling but... Nope! Not really anything I'd call a tragedy, I guess. Is that something I'm expected to have?

Tek: I haven't decided yet! I guess if my mechautomaton turns out to be dangerous, I'll have to find a way to stop it...
      Tek: But that can wait until then. For now, we have a mystery to solve. A very interesting mystery. The potential extended applications of my detector device could have many implications for the future of mechanism-craft!

Tek: So, any thoughts, you two? Maybe we can talk more about it on the way back to the dorms!

If you select the 'I think your mechanisms have a lot of potential!' option:
        Tek: Hehe! I appreciate it, <Character>! I know I have a long way to go, but your support definitely helps!
        Tek: If you don't mind, I have a few more ideas I'd like to run past you later!

Tek: Yeah. Yeahyeah. I just... didn't want to be annoying, you know? I know I can talk a lot and it's not always the right time for it and I didn't want you to think I- um good night <Character>!

If you select the 'I didn't understand a word of that' option:
        Tek: I'm sorry! I... must have been rambling again...

Tek: Sorry! Sorrysorry! Let's go back to the dorms. I've... I've taken up enough of your time.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Four

Raven
Tek: See? I told you s/he was fine.

Tek: Fae and Alexander haven't arrived yet. Headmaster Danyel is late too. But... hmm...

Tek: I'm... not sure. My Auto-Mecha-Lateness-Detector-Cube has stopped responding!

Tek: That must be why my Auto-Mecha-Lateness-Detector-Cube stopped when the Headmaster showed up. If no one else is late...

Tek: Er, if you could elaborate on these "telltale signs", perhaps I could calibrate my Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube...

Tek: He didn't mention anything about tuition... I don't suppose we'd be able to get that refunded? We've only had a few days of class, it hardly seems right.

Tek: You're right, you're right. Um... there has to be something we're missing.

Tek: Interesting. I might be able to plug that into the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube, adjust some settings... If we can find out where whatever is causing this will strike next, we might be able to trap it! Or them. Or whatever.

Tek: It's a mechanism!

Tek: You don't think so? I thought we were really getting along!
    If you select the 'Wolf' option:
    Tek: No problem! Mechanisms aren't for everyone!

If you select the 'Raven' option:
    Tek: Thanks, <Character>. I appreciate your confidence!
Hawk
Tek: Vaal, stop bothering her/him and help me hold this mechanism in place! Why is it going off now?

Tek: What about our tuition? We're missing days of class, if not more!

Tek: Well, thanks to Vaal's help, I've managed to get the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube out of beta! Now it just needs some field calibration, maybe some more adjustments... Oh, and a couple more features...

Tek: Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube!

Tek: Thanks to Vaal, it's constructed with Tkach smithed components, and thanks to me, I'm sure it'll work perfectly. After some more testing and tweaking. If only I had more data...

Tek: You don't even know if your solution exists. My mechanisms are physically here, and real, and they will work. We don't have the time to look for old stories!
    If you select the 'Raven' option:
    Tek: Fantastic! We could definitely use your help with the testing and parameter adjustment!

If you select the 'Hawk' option:
    Tek: One less pair of hands to help out, but I'm sure Vaal can pick up the slack.
If you select the 'Raven' option in either 'Raven' or 'Hawk' paths:
Tek: Make yourselves at home! We've got plenty to do, so don't get too comfortable, Vaal.

Tek: Close! For calibration data, I'll need you and Vaal to be control subjects. Ah, and whatever trap we set up will require some bait. And yes, holding tools would be very helpful!

Tek: There we go! If I did everything right...

Tek: Ah! No, nono. It's not supposed to be beeping now!

Tek: It's only supposed to beep in the presence of intangible, inexplicable, unknown forces! Not you and Vaal!

Tek: Of course not! I just need to make a few more adjustments! Vaal, do you have any more of that Tkach gearwork?

Tek: Everything seems to be in order... Let's try... okay, Vaal, you stand over there. <Character>... squeeze past the Auto-Mecha-Hairdryer-Megacube, and stand over there!

Tek: Good. Now let's see...

Tek: All readings normal...

Tek: Again?! But... that can't be right...

Tek: The Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube doesn't lie. Is there anything weird or strange that's been happening?

Tek: Hmm. Hmhm. So there's something about you that the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube is picking up on... That's a conundrum. Let's see...

Tek: Seems to me like things are getting worse each time you fall asleep. So we need to make sure you stop falling asleep! And I have just the thing.

Tek: Here, drink this. It's called 'coffee', a drink native to my homeland. I knew I still had a cup or two in my Auto-Mecha-Beverage-Preservation-Cube!
Tek: If you find yourself about to fall asleep, take a sip. It should keep you up. Oh! But let me know before you do, I need to record the side effects. Actually, to be safe, might want to try some now.

Tek: It'll be fine!

Tek: Eh, normal enough. Now let's see about getting this... glowy-light-lots-of-eyes-thing out of you!

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day ???

Raven
Tek: I'm trying to find more coffee! Is s/he breathing?

Tek: Aha! Found it. I knew I had another spare somewhere.

Tek: What's the last thing you remember, <Character>? Do you remember us? I'm Tek, that's Vaal. Here, I found another cup of coffee-

Tek: Oh! <Character>! Really? You've gotten it all over the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube! That was the last cup of coffee we had too. I think.

Tek: Don't be gross! Plus, plusplus, we have bigger things to worry about! The Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube isn't built to handle moisture! If the components... if the...

Tek: Nothing. Which is weird. It's like the coffee was... absorbed? But that shouldn't be possible.

Tek: I don't see anything wrong with the mechanism... Vaal, does this gear look right to you?

Tek: That's what I thought. Let's try a quick diagnostic test.

Tek: So, it should start beeping any moment now...
Tek: Huh. Huhhuh. The parameters are all the same, working off the same dataset... The only difference was the coffee...

Tek: No, quite the opposite. It's searching for the presence of extra-reality entities but it's not registering you like before.

Tek: That's not how this works, Vaal.

Tek: ...Good instincts, though. Very logical.

Tek: Yeah! Yeahyeah. I'm not going to question it. If there's anything I've learned about mechanisms, if they're working, it's better not to probe too hard to find out why.

Tek: It's not out of laziness! We just don't have time for me to accidentally break things trying to figure out what's happening when we're in such a rush!

Tek: Exactly! The Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube will be the trigger. As for the trap itself... Ok, I'll admit, I didn't think that far.

Tek: I have some ideas, but they're all still theoretical! I can figure something out, I just need a little bit of time. Umm...

Tek: ...If I can connect the mechanisms together, make them work as a net... That's... You're a genius, Vaal!

Tek: <Character>, hand me that Auto-Mecha-Recursion-Splicer-Cube! Vaal! Help me hold some of these wires!

Tek: And then if I plug in the servo-modulator channel to the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube... There we go. The Auto-Mecha-Entity-Detector-Trap-Cube-Network is complete!

Tek: We'll pull it outside, using... using <Character> as bait! And then capture whatever's behind all of this!

Tek: You're the one who keeps falling asleep, right? Well, besides Vaal. You're the one with the weird dreams! And whatever's out there is trying to make some sort of connection to you.
Tek: And when it tries again, we'll catch it!

Tek: Maybe Vaal can find a pointy stick or something to poke it with. Or maybe we can reason with... whatever it is.

Tek: Yeah! Yeahyeah. Absolutely.

Tek: There we go! Now, if you'll have a seat there, <Character>, right in the middle...

Tek: Oh, you'll probably be up all night. Why do you ask?

Tek: Hmm. Hmhm. An interesting theory. But why coffee? It's not that special...

Tek: I'm not sure... <Character>, why don't you try... counting togs in your head or something? Maybe Vaal can sing a lullaby.

Tek: It's part of the Auto-Mecha-Entity-Detector-Trap-Cube-Network now. I'd have to find it, disconnect it, reconfigure it...

Tek: It's fine! All part of working with mechanisms. Sometimes, things just don't work. Vaal, can you help me pack- Oh. You're asleep.

Tek: Vaal, take a look at this.

Tek: Wait for it...

Tek: Yes! It worked!

Tek: When he got closer, the Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube started giving off some unusual readings... Looks like we caught it! If that's even really Dr. Secundus...

Tek: Maybe, if he refuses to explain himself!

Tek: Alright Vaal. Have at it.

Tek: What do you mean, wrest control? From who?

Tek: Or, we can just leave you in the trap. Maybe have Vaal poke you a few more times.

Tek: I... I don't know. We're out of mechanisms. If Sk'aar manages to break out, we won't be able to recapture it...
Tek: The Auto-Mecha-Detector-Cube doesn't lie. Is there anything weird or strange that's been happening?

Tek: That's... It's not impossible, I suppose, but it wasn't one of the features I planned for. We wouldn't be able to do it remotely.

Tek: Even then, it wouldn't be easy. We'd need two us on either side to recalibrate the tension modulators, actuate the spring servos... it would be a risk, even then.

Tek: Right. But who's going? I guess, <Character>, since I think you're kind of immune to Sk'aar thanks to that coffee...

Tek: Yeah, it's easy enough. Just like what I had you do to make the net in the first place. And then you have to run. I don't know what crushing this Sk'aar thing will do, but probably not something healthy for the immediate vicinity.
    If you choose the 'Vaal' option:
    Tek: Right. Rightright. Good luck!

If you choose the 'Tek' option:
    Tek: Yeah! Yeahyeah. Vaal, keep that stick ready!

Tek: See if this matters!

Tek: Almost there... Oh. Oh nono.

Tek: This button's loose. If it's not held in... it's a critical point of failure. Get away, <Character>!

If you have sufficiently bonded with Tek:
      Tek: Whatever waits for us ahead, this can't have all been for nothing! What's a dream but an organic mechanism? I'll figure this out! Trust me, <Character>!

Tek: Okay! Okayokay. You're awake! I think it worked!

Tek: We're safe now. It doesn't matter. But... I don't think we have a lot of time.
      Tek: Well... Sk'aar wasn't exactly lying, about this being your dream. But I found a way to make it work.
      Tek: Maybe this was kind of selfish of me, but... I guess.. I didn't want your dream to end. Because then you'd be gone. And me too, I suppose. So in the end it doesn't really matter but... I don't know. I just did what I thought was right and...

Tek: This? It's just something small. I... I don't have a good name for it yet. You push the button on it, and it releases a contained miniaturized fireworks display! There's a few issues with it, though, and I don't think I have the containment system entirely stabilized...
      Tek: Here, take a look!

If you have not sufficiently bonded with Tek:
      Tek: Maybe... Maybemaybe out there, in the real world, your world, there's a me who has seen her dreams come true. But you'll need to live to see her!

Thanks to Dove for image.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/27/2022 22:07:14 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Tek
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition