Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2011 11:18:45   
kwj3

@Wiseman Thank's for the heads up

Dang I was waiting for this release. You guys really need some ads on other websites to get more staff and/or players.

Post #: 251
8/5/2011 11:22:08   
RAB

Everyone please calm down. Yes I know you're all angry about the balance update being postponed but they're trying their best to improve this game. There's no need to get hasty about this, they're just having....technical difficulties lol. I'd rather have a postponed balance update than no balance update at all, so please bear with them.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 252
8/5/2011 11:22:14   
Wiseman

Try to calm down there's really no need to flame over the issue, as far as I'm aware the release is still happening today as long as all the bugs are fixed in time (just without the balance changes). I want to note that I was looking forward to this release as much as anyone, I stayed up all night in order to do some testing on the balance changes. Then we found out that we cant add them just yet, it's not something any of use where able to foresee and it was rather disappointing for me as well. However I know that making sure the game is working correctly is more important than adding balance changes to it, we don't want to add more bugs on top of what we already have. These bugs are really bad, they need immediate attention and they need to be fixed before the release later today, it's not something that any of us have a choice about. I understand how many of you must feel, but this is not something that we can simply ignore.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/5/2011 11:29:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 253
8/5/2011 11:24:59   
DunkThatOreo

Maybe if u hired more staff this wouldn't happen and you could make updates faster ever
thought of that hm???
Epic  Post #: 254
8/5/2011 11:30:02   
Calogero

quote:

Try to calm down there's really no need to flame over the issue, as far as I'm aware the release is still happening today as long as all the bugs are fixed in time (just without the balance changes)

Calm Down??
No Need to flame?

for 1100$ worth of money, My character has been losing and losing because of the Balance issues...
Can't get it done on time, then do Overtime and GET it done, I'm tired of being Threated the way We are now.
As Payers We deserve More Respect than we are getting now.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
8/5/2011 11:31:12   
Laces

Its not as much as the postponed part that makes us angry Wiseman. Its the fact that it takes them 3 weeks to only release a armor and bug fixes. 3 weeks and no balance changes. Thats what most of us are angry about. And also, its the lack of content that they have released thats also contributing to the hate. One armor. Thats it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 256
8/5/2011 11:31:41   
DunkThatOreo

we payers have spent so much money on this game yet it doesnt even make
a difference the same thing happens over and over 1 class is op others get screwed
no balance overpricing varium this crap needs to stop seriously

< Message edited by DunkThatOreo -- 8/5/2011 11:34:09 >
Epic  Post #: 257
8/5/2011 11:56:45   
IsaiahtheMage

@Wiseman Woah let me get this straight no balance changes? Because of some bugs? Really?! Dont you check to make sure the game is running smoothly BEFORE you update it? So we get everything but balance changes? Seriously this game needs balance. I admit I am a little happy because my bot doesnt get destroyed but I really wanted to see Mages get buffed and for other classes multi skills to be buffed. I really wanted to see the new level damage scaling to. I am sick of being Oped all the time I am wrecking lvl 33 varuims back to back like really this is not funny. I pwned lvl 33 full var Mages and Cyber Hunters and sometimes(If I am lucky) STR Bounty Hunters. This is really not fun anymore. Now we have to wait another 7 days for some balance? Give me a break.

Honestly maybe you need to advertise more ads on other AE games because you need more Devs and Mods. This just not funny. Not funny at all this is just sad. Like seriously just keep letting us all down. Like really fix the game because you losing more players by the day. Better hurry before their all gone.
AQW Epic  Post #: 258
8/5/2011 12:20:10   
Fatal Impact

Just relax and be patient.

They are trying there best.

I know how programing is, sometimes bugs can take a long time to figure out, and it can be really frustrating. Other times it can go smoothly. Just be patient, this was unexpected and they are trying there best to fix everything as fast as they can. Flaming them wont help.

~Fatal
Epic  Post #: 259
8/5/2011 12:21:31   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Thank You for the update Wiseman. Game functionality is more important then any update. Will the Limited Quantity armor be added in today, or is that also canceled till next week?

Yes we are having the restock! ~Omni

< Message edited by Omni -- 8/5/2011 12:25:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 260
8/5/2011 12:23:26   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

Let me set some things clear:

Game Wise: Not being able to release the balance updates/changes sucks. Yes we know. We would like to be able to as well, but it simply is not possible without more time. It's much better to hold off the release of the changes than make the game unplayable do to bugs. This update is featuring A TON of lag reducing changes and as I speak Titan is coding his fingers off to make even this work and fix all the issues with it.

Forum Wise:
Trolling, flaming, hating, whining, complaining, and any other form of nonconstructive useless negativity is against the rules. Keep your posts constructive and useful. Do we understand you're upset? Yes. Are you allowed to be upset? Absolutely. Can you express that you're upset without breaking any rules? Completely possible and mandatory.

Omni Wise:
Once again, we know you are upset, and we get that, but following the forum rules isn't optional. Let's stick this thing out another week and we'll keep you informed the best we can. Thank you.
Post #: 261
8/5/2011 12:31:16   
Calogero

@ Omni

No Offence, I've been here for almost 5 Years on the forums...
I have the RIGHT to say what I feel like after being sucker Punched for the 3th time in a row...
Still Not flaming

Another Week waiting, Hell why not keep the game how it is, I'm Ingame as we speak and A lot of people Are Not happy
they are flaming because they have the right to seeing the amount of money they paid for this game
for nothing...

All I want is some Balance and a Chance to be competitive, and what do I get for my money, being a Tact Merc Slave for an extra week

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/5/2011 12:32:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 262
8/5/2011 12:35:11   
Remorse

Quick question,
How long will it take to fix these bugs, a ruff estimate (a week, a day, mid week??) I dont care if the estitmate is extremly ruff.

So I know when it's worth logging back in?
Epic  Post #: 263
8/5/2011 12:43:27   
Fatal Impact

Give them a week to get the bugs sorted out. Depending on how many bugs they find, 1-2 weeks is my estimate for the balance update release.

~Fatal
Epic  Post #: 264
8/5/2011 12:43:49   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

quote:

@ Omni

No Offence, I've been here for almost 5 Years on the forums...
I have the RIGHT to say what I feel like after being sucker Punched for the 3th time in a row...
Still Not flaming

As long as it's following the rules say whatever you please.

@Remorse: We are shooting for a mid week or even possibly an earlier release for the Balances!

Here is the word from Titan himself regarding this current release:
quote:

These system changes were just very important and great structural changes going forward. We are going to have great capacity to build some amazing new features.

< Message edited by Omni -- 8/5/2011 12:44:17 >
Post #: 265
8/5/2011 12:47:37   
Yo son

LOL, another week, now am even influenced more to sped my 50 dollars on aqws.
Post #: 266
8/5/2011 12:48:38   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Not sure when we'll be done fixing bugs, so we're planning a small restock at 1:30 PM EST and another when we restart.

Just now from NW from Twitter!
AQ Epic  Post #: 267
8/5/2011 12:51:25   
Sipping Cider

Well, I am glad the bugs are getting fixed. Better than to release the update and then have a bug like when they released the delta update and there was that cooldown issue with fireball and sidearm.

Plus, more time for the balances to be tested before they get released so better chance they will be good balance changes.
Epic  Post #: 268
8/5/2011 12:51:26   
Remorse

@Omni,

Ok thanks. thats good to know, For a second then I thought this could have been a serious bug which would of tacken 1-2 weeks.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/5/2011 12:52:10 >
Epic  Post #: 269
8/5/2011 12:51:57   
DEATH_CoUnTs

Lol what is this like the 5th week the balance update has been delayed. This is so ridiculous its funny. If someone were to compare this game to AQworlds it would be like comparing NES to Xbox 360
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
8/5/2011 12:53:25   
Infinity Everlasting

@Trans: a million thanks from me! can't w8 to get my hands on that armor!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 271
8/5/2011 12:54:45   
Sageofpeace

oh wow really

This Game is the Worse if you did not have the update ready is find but don't announce things and them just go wait another week we can understand that you have a life and family and wanted to spend time with them ok but don;t give us this crap just come clean and tell us that you didn't do anything
Post #: 272
8/5/2011 12:55:15   
Ranloth
Banned

So 1:30pm EST means it's in 35 minutes as it's GMT-5 (I'm GMT simply) and it's 5:55pm here.
Don't expect the restock to be big, the first one, but you get another chance later on - at normal release time.

@above
I'd love YOU trying to balance things - it's not matter of changing numbers only but CODE as well so the game does NOT break in any way.

< Message edited by Trans -- 8/5/2011 12:56:15 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 273
8/5/2011 13:01:31   
Bu Kek Siansu

Ah thanks Trans! It's 30 mins less, I guess! :)
Post #: 274
8/5/2011 13:01:48   
Sageofpeace

where is Cindy?
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition