Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2011 14:12:11   
DeathGuard

Here comes my supercharge super dex build . Lets see if plasma rain should be used in my build too :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/3/2011 14:12:53   
IsaiahtheMage

Oh wait I just realized Blood Mage doesnt get a buff. Well that is kinda unfair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/3/2011 14:13:09   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Park and Attack will be interesting now. It will also be fun to see 2v2 with this increase in Plasma Rain.

As expected, Tact mercs get another week to enjoy their class. :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/3/2011 14:14:05   
TurkishIncubus

quote:

Slight nerf to robots, now using either the robot’s attack or its special ability will send both options into cooldown

WOOT!!! , finally welcome back creativity.

Epic  Post #: 29
8/3/2011 14:14:58   
elm street

@jz: what are u talking about. i think you should rephrase to str tlm get another week to enjoy their class... this kills tanks

@above: lmao says a str merc.. imagine that

< Message edited by elm street -- 8/3/2011 14:15:51 >

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 30
8/3/2011 14:16:12   
goldslayer1

@elm
whats wrong with str merc?
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/3/2011 14:16:51   
zenix

quote:

Balance Changes
1) Static Charge gets a buff, no longer being reduced by the enemy’s defenses when calculating the energy gain (similar to Atom Smasher)
2) Slight nerf to robots, now using either the robot’s attack or its special ability will send both options into cooldown
3) Buff to Plasma Rain, and Multi-Shot as they will now improve with each 4 points invested in Technology or Dexterity (to match Artillery Strike)
4) Fixed Damage skills will now improve with your character’s level
5) Percentage based skills (Berzerker, Bludgeon, Double Strike, Massacre) will now work like Deadly Aim, applying to the relevant equipped item instead of the entire attack amount

1) much needed
2) finally, although i would have liked it more to see this only happen on Gamma Bot (yes, i have only this), but still great
3) finally and much needed, but i m not sure if this will help enough, still also very nice
4) dont understand... but sounds super
5) not sure if i understand... how did they work beforehand ?

Nice and shiny.
Although i have to say, i was somewhat expecting more buffs for Cyber Hunter, Blood Mage and Tech Mage and maybe even a little love for the Bounty unter.
Mercs and Tac Mercs simply rule (yez, meh iz an taktikal merk).

quote:

Code Improvements
We’ve managed to fix a few bugs, including one where removing a buddy does not unlink you as allies, one of the sources of lag (hung battles).

Nice... great.
Will this be enough ?

Overall, i look forward to this. Thanks a lot Titan

< Message edited by zenix -- 8/3/2011 14:19:37 >
Post #: 32
8/3/2011 14:17:47   
Stabilis

@gold

Nothing, I see maliciousness directed at bots now :(.

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 8/3/2011 14:19:07 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
8/3/2011 14:17:48   
elm street

umm maybe the fact that a tank tlm was one of the few builds that could take one down? it is just like all other copied builds there is no creativity in it. its oped kills fast and you know it. now ur only real competition is gone.

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 34
8/3/2011 14:18:25   
Calogero

@ Cyber

I don't see them say that SuperCharge will get a buff, but OverLoad on the other hand...
I allready use a Massive Dex Overload build so we'll see how it will work After the update

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/3/2011 14:19:11   
Drakadh

@Zenix

To answer 4 and 5 here it is,

4: Every lvl some skills get buffed,

and for 5: It used to be your based damage Combined with Weapon damage, now its just weapon damage. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/3/2011 14:19:29   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Elm Street, why would I refer to one build. As I mentioned, the whole class has another week to enjoy. Indeed, I know what I am speaking about. Nothing to change or rephrase, because the decision was not based on balance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/3/2011 14:21:20   
zenix

@ Drakadh
I see, thank you. Now 5) sounds much better, seeing that 1-3 Tac/Mercs skills are affected
Post #: 38
8/3/2011 14:22:24   
goldslayer1

quote:

umm maybe the fact that a tank tlm was one of the few builds that could take one down? it is just like all other copied builds there is no creativity in it. its oped kills fast and you know it. now ur only real competition is gone.

dont blame players
i made a str tac merc build several minutes after the release of delta
and its the same one i use now. and i happily allowed my faction to use it aswell.
maybe thats how it started because there weren't many str tac merc when i started fighting.
it was mostly tac mercs trying to do tank heal loop. (pretty good btw. i lost to atleast 75 of all heal loop TLMs who actually knew how the strategy worked)

dont blame the fact that players make good builds then people copy them.
blame the fact that other player can click our char and then click the lvl bubble and see our exact build with stats and skill tree. and then be able to copy it.
if titan removed the option of other players to see our builds and skill tree then there wouldn't be much build copying in ED.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/3/2011 14:25:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/3/2011 14:22:44   
DeathGuard

quote:

Fixed Damage skills will now improve with your character’s level
@Andy: Now plasma bolt, overload, and supercharge will adjust at our level :P And the requirement for supercharge will be lowdown, it will not be 42 anymore , it will be less than 38 technology requirement
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/3/2011 14:26:12   
Ranloth
Banned

People talking about BM being forgotten? The Physical Fireball of BM is probably also affected as it's Plasma Bolt but Physical so here you go. As well as Plasma Rain and Overload (stun attack) get buffed (both TM and BM have them).
Berserker of BM's is also affected by the update and not sure if Plasma Cannon is at all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
8/3/2011 14:26:16   
Drakadh

@Zenix

No probs, this is what a real community is for. :) ( Ow BTW I am Noxan on ED )
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/3/2011 14:30:41   
IsaiahtheMage

@Turkish Do you REALLY think nerfing bots brings back creativty? Their is A LOT of other things that took down creativty.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/3/2011 14:32:47   
altimatum

Cool they boosted the scaled moves and lowered the % moves can't wait for this update!
Post #: 44
8/3/2011 14:52:42   
TurkishIncubus

quote:

@Turkish Do you REALLY think nerfing bots brings back creativty? Their is A LOT of other things that took down creativty.

Its just 1 good step to bring back the fun (like in Beta)
Epic  Post #: 45
8/3/2011 14:56:18   
spectra phantom

now theyre nerfing bots even more? why did i buy gamma bot then!?just for fun?just cuz i wanted to get rid of my 2k var?just cuz its beautiful?and lets face it that bot isnt beautiful

But on the other hand....many more options are avalible with this!like other new builds

< Message edited by spectra phantom -- 8/3/2011 14:57:45 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
8/3/2011 14:57:19   
Ubear

Not sure what build to go with now and I'm sure that's not what the ED staff want us to feel.
I'd go with a high STR build but I still get creamed by high STR tactical mercs...
I'd go with a 5 focus build but my beloved robot is now close to dieing..
I'd go with a high DEX and TEC build but... wait erm... yes! success! High DEX/TEC build it is.

I can't say nerfing bots is a bad thing though, seemed everyone was just spamming and spamming them. Basing their builds around them which I'm sure the staff don't want a player to base their build around 1 item.

< Message edited by Ubear -- 8/3/2011 14:58:59 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
8/3/2011 15:00:58   
Callisto

If it wasn't for the nerf I'd love this update.In my opinion,this just limits us even more when we are suppose to be ''creative''.This isn't logical nor needed,using one attack shouldn't affect the other one.Op tac mercs are much bigger problem than robots,and the way I see it...they are gonna be op for a while...

AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/3/2011 15:03:34   
.PinkMoose.

this is gonna hurt Juggers....well support builds here I come {.{

Epic  Post #: 49
8/3/2011 15:05:59   
goldslayer1

well
i think the robot part was a little extreme
IMO to balance it better without over killing it, it should be done like this.
if i used physical robot, then physical robot goes into a 4 turn cooldown. and energy goes into a 2 turn cool down.
that way i can still use the energy one 2 turns after i use the physical one. which doesn't over kill the build.

and if i use energy one, then 2 cooldowns gets added to physical (so back to 4 cooldown for physical)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/3/2011 15:06:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 03, 2011 - Rebalancing the Equation
Page 2 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition