Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sands of Eternity (All Versions)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sands of Eternity (All Versions)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2013 3:41:37   
Voodoo Master

Sands of Eternity

Location: Surewould Forest (Book 3) -> 2 Right -> Cinquefoil -> Quests -> Sands of Eternity -> Quest!
Requirements: Completion of Face of Death, Pet Dragon unlocked
Release Date: April 24th, 2020

Objective: Make your way to confront Sek Duat!
Objective completed: You've defeated the magic infused form of Sek Duat and restored new life to Zhoom!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(7) Sand Elf Mummy
(3) Scar Scarab
(1) Sek Duat - Boss / (1) Titan Sek Duat / (1) Illuminated Sek Duat - Titan Boss

NPCs
Magus Hansa
Sek-Duat XV
Yasimi
Zhoom

Rewards
Weapons
Eternal Hourglass Sword (I-VII)
Eternal Hourglass Staff (I-VII)
Eternal Hourglass Dagger (I-VII)

Accessories
Eternal Hourglass Helm (I-V)
Eternal Hourglass Cape (I-V)

Access to Sek Duat Quest and Sek Duat DC Loot.

Dialogue

*After destroying the Focus Stone, you have exited Sek-Duat XV's pyramid and are leaving the Sandsea desert at night; you stop to study your hand, which is covered in grime from exploring the pyramid, when you hear footsteps, and a sword is placed by your shoulder; The Rose have you surrounded.*

Yasimi: You!

Yasimi: <Character>!

*The Rose soldier yields their sword, having identified you.*

Yasimi: You were warned not to enter the pyramid!
<Character>: Yes, because it was too "dangerous"! You neglected to mention the magical artifacts you were trying to recover inside!
Yasimi: It's the palace of a Light lich, of course it's full of magical artifacts! Also magical traps! And magical sand and undead guards!
Yasimi: Magical undead guards! The entire thing is a giant pyramid of danger! And yet here you stand, unashamed at the peril you put us all in!

*Magus Hansa now appears, approaching you furiously.*

Magus Hansa: What have you done, <Character>?!
<Character>: I did what I had to.
Magus Hansa: Had to? HAD to? The amount of light magic that was just released...
Magus Hansa: There was a reason why we were being careful inside the pyramid. We needed to secure anything so potentially powerful!
<Character>: Exactly. And now it's released. Neither Sek Duat nor The Rose can use it now.
Magus Hansa: Is that... is that what you really think? Where do you think that magic came from?
Magus Hansa: All that light magic needed to turn the life force of one hundred enemies into a new life for a dead husk?
Magus Hansa: I know not what kind of artifact you tampered with, but that magic must have been connected to Sek Duat himself.
<Character>: And now that power has been released. No one can use it now.
Magus Hansa: I can't believe this. Are you even listening? The magic inside it was his. You just returned it. To Sek Duat!
<Character>: But I...

<Character>: I...
Magus Hansa: I can read your trepidation as clear as day. You know where the lich is. We have to stop him.
<Character>: I don't trust either of you... how do I know what you're telling me is true?

*A bright light interrupts your conversation with Magus Hansa; shortly after, beams of light begin firing upwards somewhere nearby in the Sandsea desert; Magus Hansa's expression turns to one of disapproval.*

Magus Hansa: Are you coming, <Character>? To right your wrongs? Or shall we clean up after your mess, as so many others have done before?

*You glare at Magus Hansa, but follow without responding. You head in the direction of the light beams, fighting various monsters along the way, until you find Sek-Duat XV extracting essence from two Sand Elf Mummies; his captive is also present, covered by a hooded cloak.*

Sek-Duat XV: Ah, my favorite hero.
Sek-Duat XV: It's a pleasant night for a walk, isn't it.
<Character>: You've double crossed me for the last time, Sek Duat!
Sek-Duat XV: Such indignation! I'm hurt. And who is your lovely friend? You must introduce me to such an... appetizing Rose Magus.
Magus Hansa: I'm not another pawn for you to extract life from, vampire. The Rose has come to put an end to you.
Sek-Duat XV: Vampire? I do not steal fluids in the dead of night, slinking through the shadows. I am the Emperor of the Sandsea. I take what is mine.

*Sek-Duat XV removes the hooded cloak from his captive, revealing a frail and aged Zhoom.*

<Character>: Zhoom!
<Character>: But you said he was dead!
Sek-Duat XV: I never, <Character>. Although your Rose friends would have done much, much worse, I'm sure.

*Magus Hansa scowls at Sek-Duat XV.*

<Character>: What have you done to him?!
Sek-Duat XV: I've simply extracted my price for keeping him safe.
Magus Hansa: He must have been unable to draw from his stored magic after being deposed. Which means...
Magus Hansa: ...he resorted to using this one's life to extend his own. He's stolen years of your friend's life away.
Sek-Duat XV: As emperor, they were mine to take.
<Character>: Monster.
Sek-Duat XV: You ally yourself with one who wouldn't have taken years, <Character>. Your Rose would have ended him.
Magus Hansa: You assume too much. Our mission is to prevent the misuse of magic.
Magus Hansa: To stop the abuses that monsters like yourself have heaped upon the innocent people of Lore.
Magus Hansa: I do not kill indiscriminately.
Sek-Duat XV: Oh, my dear, I'm sure you're righteous enough in your idealistic dreams.
Sek-Duat XV: But the ones who came before? Not so picky. Regardless...

*Sek-Duat XV uses his returned power to craft himself a new arm out of light energy.*

Sek-Duat XV: If my life isn't going to be restored, then I shall embrace my undeath. I will burn the life and power out of any whom I deem worthy.
Sek-Duat XV: Starting with my favorite hero.

*Sek-Duat XV blasts Magus Hansa with a ray of light, sending her backwards; he then possesses you, causing you to levitate above the ground and fly forwards, before your dragon appears and stops him; your dragon is now standing between you and Sek-Duat XV, ready to protect you.*

<Dragon>: I won't let you hurt my human! | *Rumbles erupt from your dragon's throat. You can feel it in your chest. Your dragon sounds angry.*
Sek-Duat XV: And so the dragon appears. Come, I have a special treat for you, little one...
Sek-Duat XV: Just like your hero, you act on impulse. But no matter, you will join each other in eternity soon. Let me borrow some of that fire, small one.
<Character>: No! <Dragon>!!

*Sek-Duat XV reaches out and touches your dragon with his newly crafted arm, draining the color from its body.*

<Character>: <Dragon>! Are you okay?!

*With some of your dragon's powers absorbed, Sek-Duat XV has a new, illuminated form, with dragon's wings and a golden helm.*

Sek-Duat XV: Now this truly befits an Emperor!
Magus Hansa: Just another fly to swat.
<Dragon>: I'm fine. That pile of rags can't even begin to stop me. Let me at him! | *Rumbles erupt from your dragon's throat, again. You can feel it in your chest. Your dragon sounds very, VERY angry.*

• Titan Fight
  • Hand-to-Hand!*After your battle with Sek-Duat XV, what's left of his energy appears to form a vortex; the trapped spirits are released from the Sand Elf Mummies, your dragon regains its color, and Zhoom returns to his former healthy, youthful state; Sek-Duat XV has finally been defeated, and you bond with your dragon in celebration.*

Magus Hansa: So, this is your famous dragon.

*Your dragon reacts in the only way it knows how, and happily breathes fire at Magus Hansa, leaving small flames in her hair.*

Magus Hansa: I can sense that it's a lot like you.
    <Character>: Zhoom, how are you feeling?

<Character>: Are you alright?
    Zhoom: I...

*Zhoom pauses to reflect on the events that transpired while he was held captive by Sek-Duat XV.*

Zhoom: Yes, my friend. I haven't felt so... alive in years.
    Zhoom: Thank you, <Character>. And I don't believe I caught your name?
    Magus Hansa: Magus Hansa of The Rose.
    Zhoom: I must thank you as well, although, I cannot extend that thanks to your organization.
    Magus Hansa: I take it the lich was not inaccurate when he mentioned that he saved you from The Rose, then?
    Zhoom: It was not by my choice. However, caught between The Rose and Sek Duat, my attention was split.
    Zhoom: I was plucked away and imprisoned by his magic when he saw his inevitable defeat.
    Zhoom: Had The Rose not interfered, the rebels and I would have only had to worry about a single front.
    Magus Hansa: I understand.
    Magus Hansa: Would you be... amicable to come with me for more thorough questioning?
    Magus Hansa: I would merely like to learn more information about Sek Duat and his pyramid...
    Magus Hansa: ...so that we may safely contain any remaining dangers within.
    <Character>: Zhoom, don't! The Rose has been–
    Magus Hansa: Have I imprisoned you, <Character>? Have I turned you in to Lady Jaania?
    Magus Hansa: Even after your... inexcusable blunder here, have I offended you, somehow?
    Magus Hansa: No. Kidnappings and unjust imprisonment are not part of the world that Lady Jaania envisions.
    Magus Hansa: You would do well to remember that.
    Zhoom: Don't worry, <Character>. I can take care of a few Rose members if things get out of hand.
    Magus Hansa: Unless there's anything else, you're free to go, <Character>. The Rose will stay and secure the area.
    Magus Hansa: We don't need you around to revive another lich.

*You glance back at Magus Hansa after her remark.*

<Character>: I...

*Knowing you cannot defend your actions, you don't say anything more.*

Magus Hansa: Watch yourself, <Character>.

*You glance back at Magus Hansa again, before shifting your focus to Zhoom.*

<Character>: Take care, Zhoom.
    Zhoom: You as well, my friend.

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens Sek Duat Quest shop.
  • Sek Duat's Treasures - opens Sek Duat DC Loot shop.

Other information
  • This quest was reimagined with new dialogue, animations, audio, level 90 rewards, and general fixes on April 24th, 2020; more information can be found in the April 24th, 2020 Design Notes.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/22/2023 20:17:29 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    5/1/2020 0:27:15   
      Jay
    Marauderator
    🧭

Sands of Eternity

Location: Surewould Forest (Book 3) -> 2 Right -> Cinquefoil -> Quests -> Sands of Eternity -> Quest!
    Requirements: Completion of Face of Death, Pet Dragon unlocked
    Release Date: May 3rd, 2013

Objective: Make your way to confront Sek Duat!
    Objective completed: You've defeated the magic infused form of Sek Duat and restored new life to Zhoom!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
    Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
    (7) Sand Elf Mummy
    (3) Scar Scarab
    (1) Sek Duat - Boss / (1) Titan Sek Duat / (1) Illuminated Sek Duat - Titan Boss

NPCs
    Magus Hansa
    Sek-Duat XV
    Yasimi
    Zhoom

Rewards
    Weapons
    Eternal Hourglass Sword (I-VI)
    Eternal Hourglass Staff (I-VI)
    Eternal Hourglass Dagger (I-VI)

Accessories
    Eternal Hourglass Cape (I-IV)
    Eternal Hourglass Helm (I-IV)

Access to Sek Duat Quest and Sek Duat DC Loot.

Dialogue

*After destroying the Focus Stone, you have exited Sek-Duat XV's pyramid and are leaving the Sandsea desert at night; you stop to study your hand, which is covered in grime from exploring the pyramid; all of a sudden, The Rose have you surrounded.*

Yasimi: You were warned to not enter the pyramid!
    <Character>: Yes, because it was "dangerous", you neglected to mention the magical artifacts you were trying to recover.
    Yasimi: It's the Palace of a Light Lich, of course it's full of magical artifacts and magical traps and sand and undead guards!
    Yasimi: The entire thing was a giant pyramid of danger! Why do you think we had it sealed?!

*Magus Hansa now appears, approaching you furiously.*

Magus Hansa: Do you even realize what you've done?!
    <Character>: I did what I had to.
    Magus Hansa: Had to? HAD to? The amount of light magic you released....
    Magus Hansa: For Lore's sake... the vibration of the ley lines had to have been felt all over the world!
    <Character>: Exactly. Released. Now neither the Rose or Sek Duat can use it.
    Magus Hansa: Is that what you think? Where do you think that magic came from?
    Magus Hansa: The amount of magic needed to turn the life force of one hundred enemies into a new life for a dead husk?
    Magus Hansa: Why do you think it was stored in a focus stone? A stone that sat and allowed the magic inside it to reflect and grow...
    <Character>: The power has been released... no one can use it now.
    Magus Hansa: The stone belonged to Sek Duat. The magic inside it was his. You just returned it. Why... why would you do that!
    <Character>: But... I...
    Magus Hansa: ...you know where he is. We have to stop him!
    <Character>: I don't trust either of you... how do I know what you're telling me is true?

*A bright light interrupts your conversation with Magus Hansa; shortly after, beams of light begin firing upwards somewhere nearby in the Sandsea desert; Magus Hansa's expression turns to one of disapproval.*

Magus Hansa: Are you coming, <Character>?
    <Character>: . . .

*You glare at Magus Hansa, but follow without responding. You head in the direction of the light beams, fighting various monsters along the way, until you find Sek-Duat XV extracting essence from two Sand Elf Mummies; his captive is also present, covered by a hooded cloak.*

Sek-Duat XV: Ah, my favorite hero.

Sek-Duat XV: It's so nice to run into you again.
    <Character>: You've double crossed me for the last time!
    Sek-Duat XV: Oh, I don't think so. And who is your lovely friend? I haven't had a chance to meet such an... appetizing Rose magus.
    Magus Hansa: I'm not another pawn for you to extract life from, vampire.
    Sek-Duat XV: Vampire? I do not steal fluids in the dead of night, slinking through the shadows. I am the Emperor of the Sandsea. I take what is mine.

*Sek-Duat XV removes the hooded cloak from his captive, revealing a frail and aged Zhoom.*

<Character>: Zhoom! But you said he was dead!
    Sek-Duat XV: Why, I've kept him safe and sound, <Character>. Your Rose friend would have turned to him to dust by now.

*Magus Hansa scowls at Sek-Duat XV.*

<Character>: What have you done to him!
    Sek-Duat XV: I've simply extracted my price to keep him safe.
    Magus Hansa: Without the Light Orb to replenish his power and cut off from the power stored in his focusing stone...
    Magus Hansa: ...he resorted to using your friend to extend his own life. He's stolen years of Zhoom's life away.
    Sek-Duat XV: As emperor, they were mine to take.
    <Character>: Monster.
    Sek-Duat XV: You ally yourself with one who wouldn't have taken years, <Character>. Your Rose would have ended him.
    Magus Hansa: You assume too much. Our mission is to end the danger of magic...
    Magus Hansa: ...to stop the abuses that monsters like yourself have heaped upon the innocent people of Lore.
    Magus Hansa: I do not kill indiscriminately.
    Sek-Duat XV: Oh, my dear, there was nothing arbitrary about those I've killed. Especially those I've killed twice.
    Sek-Duat XV: They had the brightest light... the greatest power, to add to my own.

*Sek-Duat XV uses his returned power to craft himself a new arm out of light energy.*

Sek-Duat XV: If my Life isn't going to be restored, then I shall embrace my Undeath. I will burn the life and power out of any whom I deem worthy.
    Sek-Duat XV: Starting with my favorite hero.

*Sek-Duat XV blasts Magus Hansa with a ray of light, sending her backwards; he then possesses you, causing you to levitate above the ground and fly forwards, before your dragon appears and stops him; your dragon is now standing between you and Sek-Duat XV, ready to protect you.*

<Dragon>: I won't let you hurt my human! | *Rumbles erupt from your dragon's throat. You can feel it in your chest. Your dragon sounds angry.*
    Sek-Duat XV: And so the dragon appears. So much power in a nice little package...
    Sek-Duat XV: You have much in common with your pet, little hero. You act on impulse.
    <Character>: No! <Dragon>!

*You reach for your Dragon Amulet as Sek-Duat XV reaches out and touches your dragon with his newly crafted arm, draining the color from its body.*

<Character>: <Dragon>!

*With some of your dragon's powers absorbed, Sek-Duat XV has a new, illuminated form, with dragon's wings and a golden helm.*

Sek-Duat XV: Now this truly befits an Emperor!
    Magus Hansa: We have to destroy him, <Character>!
    <Dragon>: He's mine. | *Rumbles erupt from your dragon's throat, again. You can feel it in your chest. Your dragon sounds very, VERY angry.*

• Titan Fight
  • Hand-to-Hand!*After your battle with Sek-Duat XV, what's left of his energy appears to form a vortex; the trapped spirits are released from the Sand Elf Mummies, your dragon regains its color, and Zhoom returns to his former healthy, youthful state; Sek-Duat XV has finally been defeated, and you bond with your dragon in celebration.*

Magus Hansa: So, this is your famous dragon.

*Your dragon reacts in the only way it knows how, and happily breathes fire at Magus Hansa, leaving small flames in her hair.*

Magus Hansa: I can sense that it's a lot like you.... And your friend?
    <Character>: Zhoom, are you alright?
    Zhoom: Yes, my friend. I haven't felt so... alive in years.

*Scene fades to white.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot Shop Quest drops for DC - opens Sek Duat Quest shop.
  • Sek Duat Treasures - opens Sek Duat DC Loot shop.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/22/2023 20:17:38 >
  • DF  Post #: 2
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sands of Eternity (All Versions)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition