Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Varen's Dragonfable Soundtrack - Reimagined

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> Varen's Dragonfable Soundtrack - Reimagined
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2015 16:31:21   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Introduction

Hello fellow forumites and welcome to a gallery of something I've been wanting to do for a while! Ever since I started composing I have had ideas flooding my head over what I could do with the huge amount of musical motifs and themes within Dragonfable. For a very long time since I started taking composing more seriously I've been writing my own music and with this came an even better idea; what if Dragonfable were a movie? What if, rather than being confined to loops which are necessary so you don't run out of music in game, the music was played out by an orchestra for a film? That's where I decided to pick up my line of composing and arranging. By writing many of my own themes in conjunction with the themes available to use from the game, I can attempt to create the soundtrack of Dragonfable as if it were a film.

Now the first problem I came across was that my software was rather limited, so I splashed out a bit and bought Studio One 2 Artist. However while many of the samples do sound quite good, many of them do not match the sounds of a true orchestra. As such I ask that you bear with me in that regard. As of "The Gate Keeper" in the Darkness Orb Saga I also use Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra for extra and more realistic sounding instruments.

So I will be using Soundcloud as my primary source of upload and will say that each piece has a more in-depth description on the link than it will have in the forum itself - it's simply easier to do it this way as the page will become very cluttered over time as I create more pieces. Most pieces will be fairly short, only between one and three minutes as most quests earlier on do not cover much storyline. In more story-based quests, the music will be more varied and much longer. I would like to specify that this does not produce any money, and shouldn't be breaching any issues on the copyright front, especially as the musical themes from the game will be twisted and arranged around my own themes to more specifically fit each quest I write the music for - if anyone has specific issues with what I have written, please follow the forum rules and PM Eukara. So I hope that you enjoy my little pieces of art, inspired and written, for a Dragonfable film.

Full Playlist

Varen's Dragonfable Soundtrack Reimagined Playlist

Themes

DF Soundtrack Reimagined Themes

Sir Jonah's theme - LigerBeard

Pieces

The first link of each row will be the link to the music, while the second link will be a link to the quest which the music was inspired by on the forums.

Standalone Pieces

Game Trailer

Seasonal Pieces

Mogloween 2015

An excerpt of the Fairytale of New York

The Dragon Egg Saga

Opening Credits (The Reset)/Intro ----- EndGame (MQ)

A Hero is Bored ----- A Hero is Bored

Oaklore Keep ----- Oaklore

The Black Dragon Box ----- The Black Dragon Box

The Hydra of Falconreach Bay ----- Hydra Boss

EMPTY! ----- Opening the Black Box

The Egg at the Dumpsite ----- The Sneevil Dumpsite

MoorDoor ----- Egg Recovery

Falconreach/Dreaming of Dragons ----- Falconreach

Attack on the Temple/Doomkitten ----- Temple of the Four Winds, Warlic's Zone, Summoning Help

The Hatching ----- The Hatching

The Wind Orb Saga

A Boat to Sho Nuff (Wind Orb intro) ----- Osprey Cove

Water Breathing Potions ----- Water Breathing Potions

Ruins of Kordana ----- Ruins of Kordana

The Sneenja Dojo ----- Boxes of Ninjas

Captain's Orders ----- Captain's Orders

Red Betty's Spell ----- Red Betty's Spell

The Braken ----- Something Fishy

The Light Orb Saga

The Sandsea (Light Orb Intro) ----- The Sandsea

Meeting Zhoom ----- Meeting Zhoom

The Hard Way ----- The Hard Way

The Rebellion ----- The Blue Lotus, The Oasis Inn

The Dynasty Tomb ----- Dynasty Tomb

The Sandwitch ----- The Sandwitch

The Traitor ----- The Traitor

Zhowdown ----- Zhowdown

Sek-Duat Lives Again ----- Sek-Duat Lives Again

The Darkness Orb Saga

Attack on Moonridge (Darkness Orb Intro) ----- Battle for Moonridge

The Moonridge Defence ----- The Necromantress

Moonridge: Saved! ----- Moonridge: Saved!

Zorbak's Hideout ----- The Outcast

The Gate Keeper ----- The Gate Keeper

The Body Shop ----- The Body Shop

Too Many Cooks ----- Too Many Cooks

The Green Mist ----- The Green Mist

Artix Vs. The Undead ----- Artix Vs. The Undead

Warcry Of The Paladin ----- Noxus Fumes

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 10/3/2016 18:20:38 >
DF  Post #: 1
6/22/2015 18:02:17   
Azan

Okay, this is genius.

And when I say it, I seriously mean it. Your themes are magnificently composed, have these lovely recognizable DragonFable notes in them while retaining a great originality. I'm definitely not a composer nor a music expert, but I can say it's very, very skillfully composed - and that is an understatement. The way you thought about each segment of the quest when composing just makes said quest replay in my head, and it matches perfectly. And I really felt like there was an orchestra playing that music.

What else can I say? MOOOAR! You have an amazing composer talent!
Post #: 2
6/22/2015 19:29:12   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

Everything I was going to say Azan summed up perfectly, so I'll keep it to 3 words to deprive flashbang of his typical response (sorry @flashy, you've gotta think of something new this time :P):

Yes. Good.

More please.

P.S. thank you for sharing. I'm gonna play through those quests later specifically to have your music going in the background, but even without having the actual quest in front of my eyes, your pieces snapped me straight into my memory of when I started playing DF and did those quests. You represented the events and the player's emotions perfectly.

P.P.S MUSIC! Now all we need is someone making youtube clips of DF-inspired martial arts and we'll have a real art gallery

P.P.S. Is your avvy a music elemental ...or are you?
AQ DF  Post #: 3
6/22/2015 20:02:06   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

WOAH. Now this is certainly something new. You're incredible talented my friend! I love how you keep the main "Core" so to speak of the original piece in "A Hero is Bored", and yet your...innovations(?)(For lack of a better term). They're new...but they still have that classic feel. Fantastic work! I look forward to hearing more of it.
DF  Post #: 4
6/22/2015 20:41:12   
flashbang

While I myself can't listen to these for now (Ramadan and all), I will assume you are an amazing composer.

quote:

Yes. Good.

More please.

4 words.
Check and mate.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
6/22/2015 20:44:24   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Keep 'em coming!
I don't have any word of criticism for you, just chiming in.
I shall have my eye on youuu! (or should i say "ear"?)
DF  Post #: 6
6/22/2015 23:43:31   
Alpha Centipede

An audio art gallery? Now that's something you don't see often.

Keep those pieces coming! Those really sound amazing and I love listening to them. Keep it up!
DF  Post #: 7
6/23/2015 1:29:51   
Shadows Morgenstern

You do...how do?! AMAZING! Please keep these coming! These are epic Varen! Keep it up! Azan and Rayen said anything I could have added I just wanted to show my support!
DF  Post #: 8
6/23/2015 1:43:29   
Chazero

I like LOVE THEM! Seriously, they are some amazing pieces. Looking forward to more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/23/2015 6:53:07   
Ghost
BOO-m

Ghost likey! Really like the way you re-worked the 'A hero is bored' theme!

< Message edited by Ghost -- 6/23/2015 6:55:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/23/2015 9:56:20   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Wow, such an amazing response despite the fact I have only written two pieces so far! Thanks for all the kind words and I hope I continue to impress in the pieces to come. Up next will be a certain bridge battle. Gotta' do everything chronologically after all. :)

EDIT: The new piece is out. :) French horns weren't as loud as I hoped but it seems to be alright. Also, I promise I will return to at least one DF theme next piece. ;)

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 6/23/2015 12:59:21 >
DF  Post #: 11
6/23/2015 13:26:18   
GreenGuy23

These are all so amazing! Makes me wanna get some friends together and act out these scenes XD Seriously though, these are 100% AMAZING!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
6/23/2015 14:04:19   
Shadows Morgenstern

That new Hydra battle theme...that was awesome! I loved the buildup to the crazy epic part! Keep it up dude :D
DF  Post #: 13
6/23/2015 17:25:59   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Thanks for all the amazing positivity guys! It encourages me to keep making more. :)

So looking at the plan for the rest of this week I have to say I am quite busy; tomorrow I will have some time to do some composition but after that I will need to do some work on a rather hefty dissertation length essay on Physics. :/

Basically I will probably not be able to release another piece as soon as I would have liked because of this. Even if I reach the word count it will need checking and rechecking to ensure I've actually done everything, so I won't be able to do another piece until at least Monday of next week, perhaps Tuesday. But I do promise, I'll make it a good one.

On another note, I might redo the Hydra music a little purely because the French Horns at the end cut off a little too soon for my liking upon re-listening, but we'll see about that later. :)

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 6/23/2015 17:29:36 >
DF  Post #: 14
6/23/2015 17:27:04   
lightriftwalker122

This is marvelous. Truly amazing. I liked them all . Keep working on them.
Post #: 15
6/24/2015 4:25:14   
salene

Wow, Varen these were absolutely breathtaking. I can so clearly imagine them being used in game. You truly are one talented little purple elemental! Seriously though, Tomix and Ghost weren't lying when they praised you. You have a real gift, and I feel so lucky and honored that you felt comfortable sharing it on the forums for us to enjoy. I look forward to more!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
6/24/2015 21:34:26   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Well this is an interesting gallery, the pieces are wonderful I look forward to hearing more of them!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
6/25/2015 11:24:36   
Meloette Wells

Excuse me as I pop on just to figure out how to subscribe to a thread on the forums, cause I want to know whenever this man updates. This stuff is wonderful
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
6/27/2015 17:55:31   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Ok I got distracted from the Physics essay. :/

But at least there's another piece! Even though it's not chronologically in order with the rest! Well I put it where it should be in the list, straight after A Hero is Bored. I hope you enjoy! :)

EDIT: I have just started a playlist so it's easier to listen to every piece in chronological order. I will put the link just before the rest of the pieces. :)

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 6/28/2015 5:43:06 >
DF  Post #: 19
7/8/2015 14:23:10   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Sorry for the delay guys! A new piece to listen to though! Thought it fit with the scene with Drakath after Robina's quests quite well, and it also helped me experiment with making strings sound slightly different on my software. :) Hope you all enjoy!
DF  Post #: 20
7/8/2015 14:32:43   
Shadows Morgenstern

Yess Varen is back! :D I loved this new piece, it was very grand and pleasing to listen to! Keep it up dude!
DF  Post #: 21
7/8/2015 15:23:34   
Azan

Yay, a new piece! That one is awesome. Your soundtrack really gives a darker, more profound tone to the (sometimes admittedly silly) Dragon Egg Saga. I just love that!
Post #: 22
7/8/2015 15:38:21   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

My music tends to be fairly dark. I blame my inspiration Howard Shore for that. His soundtracks are always fairly dissonant and dark, even when things are going well in the films. However I'm glad you enjoy it. :)
DF  Post #: 23
7/8/2015 17:39:07   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Umm, I may want to use some of these in an upcoming few stories. Keep them coming.

I'm bookmarking this page.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/9/2015 11:57:11   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Feel free to use them for your stories. :) I enjoy reading them, and they should be fine to use.
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> Varen's Dragonfable Soundtrack - Reimagined
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition