Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 19 of 25«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2020 15:33:00   
Beleg Strongbow

MONSTER/QUEST

Monster/Quest Name: The Primordials 1000 gold
Character Link: Beleg Strongbow (2101063)
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Level: 90
Build: 14.4.26
Weapon Equipped: Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals (Lvl 90)
Accessories Equipped:
  • Helmet: DoomKnight Helm (Lvl 90)
  • Cape: DoomKnight Cloak (Lvl 90)
  • Necklace: Defender's Dragon Necklace XXXV (Lvl 90)
  • Belt: Leorilla Mane Belt IV (Lvl 85)
  • Ring: Defender's Dragon Ring XXXII (Lvl 90)
  • Trinket: Vaal's Ego (Lvl 1)
  • Bracer: Legion Bracer (Lvl 1)

Character Stats:
  • STR: 0 +92
  • DEX: 108 +92
  • INT: 108 +92
  • CHA: 55 +45
  • LUK: 65 +35
  • END: 46 +68
  • WIS: 63 +47

Note: In above stats, the plus (“+”) values are based upon the equipped weapon and accessories.

Food:
  • Seaweed
  • Rotten Hardtack

Pet Equipped: Kid Dragon
    Dragon Stats:
  • Protection: 100
  • Magic: 100
  • Fighting: 200
  • Assistance: 0
  • Mischief: 200

Guest(s) Invited:
  • Sir Leon
  • Artix

Previously Used Strategies:
  • Set Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals and Kid Dragon to Light element.
  • Use stun attacks against Sciuridaehotep (primordial faux squirrel) while focusing on defeating Simulacrum of Uthuluc (primordial kraken). Never attack Sciuridaehotep while he is stunned (damage will reflect back onto attacker). Never stun Simulacrum.
  • Simulacrum is unaffected by Damage over Time (DoT) while his Resistance is All = 100, so only use DoT attacks when he will be vulnerable to them.
  • Once Simulacrum is defeated, focus on Sciuridaehotep until he has been defeated 3 times. Before each attack on Sciuridaehotep, check his stats to confirm what kinds of attacks he is resisting (i.e. Magic, Melee and/or Pierce) and adjust attacks accordingly. Also, check to see if Sciuridaehotep is using Attack Type 4, “No Existence” (lasts for 5 rounds), in preparation for Attack Type 5 (nuke attack) and prepare to stun him at the end of the 5th round of the No Existence attack, as the “Charging Power Word: No” expires.
  • Once Sciuridaehotep reveals his true form and leaves the battle, The Witness (primordial faux deer) will automatically be defeated at its next turn.
  • Use defensive and healing options for each character whenever necessary.

ARMOR/TITAN

Armor: DoomKnight Armor (Lvl 1)
    Skills trained: All
    Primal Skills available (if the armor is DragonRider): N/A
    Previously Used Strategies:
  • On 1st turn, perform Dark Ritual (prepares for Inner Darkness nuke attack).
  • On 2nd turn, use Vaal's Ego.
  • Use Blood Rite attack on Simulacrum to score Critical (Crit) hits until he is inflicted with “Sundered Chitin,” i.e. after 4 Crit hits, his Resistance flips from All = 100 to All = -200 for 3 turns.
  • After the 3rd Crit hit, Sir Leon uses War Cry (to prepare for attacks with a +20 Boost), main character uses Lingering Doom (with the expectation that at least one of the 5 hits will be a Crit, allowing the remaining hits to inflict damage and to infect Simulacrum with Magic Evil DoT), Kid Dragon uses Fighting (Tail Lash), Sir Leon uses Wound, and Artix uses Attack.
  • While Simulacrum is inflicted with Sundered Chitin: 1st round, main character uses Corruption (to make Simulacrum more vulnerable to attacks using Light element for 5 turns), Kid Dragon uses Outrage, Sir Leon uses Aimed, and Artix uses Purify; 2nd round, main character uses Inner Darkness, Kid Dragon uses Primal Fury!, Sir Leon uses Final Blow, and Artix uses Attack; 3rd round, main character uses either Malefic Binding (preferred for weakening Simulacrum) or Life Carve (if needed, for a 30% heal while Corruption is still active), Kid Dragon uses Elemental Supernova, Sir Leon uses Strength Strike, and Artix uses Attack.
  • While Simulacrum is still affected by Corruption, he will continue to be vulnerable to Light element attacks (Resistance to Light = -30), even though his Resistance to All = 100.

Notes: The above strategies have proven effective.

< Message edited by Beleg Strongbow -- 8/17/2020 10:15:43 >
  • DF  Post #: 451
    1/8/2020 18:59:39   
    Rubioalto

Does someone know how to beat Sepulchure at the Inn? I'm a level 90 DA
    DF  Post #: 452
    1/9/2020 6:55:18   
    BluuHorseOfficial

The trick is to lower Sepulchure's All Resistance to be able to deal more damage to him, as he gets more All Resistance the lower his HP gets. Lowering his Resistance to a specific element and then hitting him with that element heals him, so Ice Scythe is a bad option here. Stan the ScanOrb is also a bad choice as Sepulchure is immune to its effect.

Technomancer is an especially good choice as it has an All Resistance reducing skill, and Sepulchure has a DoT that takes away some of your Mana, and having lower mana makes you deal more damage with Technomancer's Drive Boost passive. If you have 600 points on your Dragon, use the build 200 Assistance/200Mischief/199 Protection/1 Fighting (for the DoT), if not, invest in stats based on what you find most necessary (100+ Mischief gives Tickles which lowers All Res).
    He has a couple of other effects he can apply to you, such as a 3 turn stun, and a few other gimmicks, which you can read about here.
    DF  Post #: 453
    1/9/2020 10:06:50   
    Shahmeer

I would prefer to use the Ranger armor to beat Sepulchure if you dont have Technomancer ,its only doable by him if you dont have Technomancer, or Chaosweaver , .........I think Pirate armor can also beat him. haven't tried it though.........But keep in mind to bring Hero's diet along with 5 mana pots , cause his mana leech is insane (Ranger gets 15 mana on each Attack button which is useful too will help at end)
    Post #: 454
    1/9/2020 17:49:18   
    Rubioalto

I already defeated Sepulchure with Chaosweaver, thanks anyway for the tips, and sorry if I offend you, but what do you mean by Hero's Diet?
    DF  Post #: 455
    1/9/2020 19:29:55   
    Plutonium

@Rubioalto: Hero's Diet = Rotten Hardtack + Seaweed

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 1/9/2020 19:30:23 >
    DF  Post #: 456
    1/18/2020 2:02:17   
    moe

Can I use epoch (or the new version) to beat any Inn challenge? If so, whatre the correct steps/skills to use? Is there a specific order? Also will the class be stronger if I have about 400 Int and 200/300 luck?
    AQW  Post #: 457
    1/27/2020 11:32:48   
    Cyrenius

Inn at the Edge of Time Challenge: Ancient Duo

Class used: Doom Knight

Pet used: Dragon, with abilities manually controlled

No guests!

Weapons used: Ultimate Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals (level 90), Vanilla Ice Katana (level 80), Esclense Dragon Defender Blade (level 80)

Accessories: Necro Paragon Cape IV (level 85), Defender’s Dragon Ring XXXII (level 90), Fierce Dragon Lord’s Helm (72), Defender’s Dragon Necklace XXXV (level 90), Elemental Unity Defender XV (level 77), Defender’s Dragon Belt XXIII (level 90), Legion Bracer (level 1)

Stats: 200 STR, 200 END, 45 LUK

Hero’s diet (Seaweed and Rotten Hardtack) and 5 potions

Strategy: Weaken gananana to ice using Vanilla ice katana (needs to be first round to work right). Switch to Ultimate Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals (level 90) set to ice, Esclense Dragon Defender Blade (level 80) shown. Cast Dark Ritual on gananana. Cast weaken and / or have your dragon cast tickles on gananana and hope to God it (or if you cast both one or both of them) works to lessen gananana’s attacks while Dark Ritual is up because it strengthens gananana. Cast corruption on gananana to get an extra 30% weakness to ice on him. Have your dragon cast boost on yourself. Cast inner darkness on gananana, this should kill him, hopefully before mega beam or just after it, but indubitably before he can cast statuses, which is good because you don’t have a purge on doom knight. Everything has to line up right. It can take several fights for this to line up right, so be patient. Throw the fight if you have to if it does not, makes it faster.

After this the fight is relatively easy, Augahim’s attacks are strong but with hero’s diet, your potions, your drain (especially after corruption),and an occasional Reflect if you feel you need it, you should be able to manage.

I figured Doom Knight would be a good choice to survive Augahim’s onslaught due to its high natural defense and offense (probably the best in the game for balance of both combined). What is key, and has to line up right, which can be a pain to get BOTH, is:

#1. Your vanilla ice katana has to proc on the first turn to weaken gananana

#2. You have to survive gananana’s attacks which are strengthened from casting dark ritual while waiting for inner darkness to unlock

If you get both of those to line up right, you have no statuses to worry about, and just need to focus on Augahim after their attacks get stronger and your attacks get weaker. Remember, unlike soulweaver and chaosweaver, doom knight does not have a purge, so you have got to get gananana down by the first mega beam!
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 458
    1/31/2020 10:03:09   
    BluuHorseOfficial

That is not a very effective strategy for doing the challenge. You're just wasting everyone (who tries it)'s time trying to fish for a VIK/FC proc when all you really have to do is have a strong blind/shield combo. Trust me, there are several YouTube videos of horrible classes doing the challenge without having to rely on VIK/FC/Hamsters.
    DF  Post #: 459
    2/9/2020 6:57:58   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Pandora's Gauntlet in Inn at the Edge of Time
    Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
    Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), DmK v2, among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer
    Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apotheosis w Blade of Awe (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet + Cocoaberry Juice & Red, Green, & Yellow Fruits & 5 Potions
    Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
    Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon)
    Previously Used Strategies: a few times with both DmK v2 & Chaosweaver
    Notes: I keep dying during Lust with this recent round getting her down to about 300, before getting K.O'ed by her Desirelings
    EDIT I: This time, I got Pride down to 21 HP and then she killed me (granted I had like about 100 HP, give or take.

EDIT II: Finally got to Pandora and didn't have anything left (in regards to Potions, Hero's Diet/Food) and she totally KO'ed me. So for now, I give.
    EDIT III: I'm kinda reaching that "Dominion of Dreams" annoyance level, so that's a good a sign as any to stop for now
    EDIT IV: I'm getting kinda frustrated now and I think I've reached that "Dominion of Dreams" annoyance level.
    EDIT V: that "Dominion of Dreams" annoyance level's been reached and I'm this close to possibly throwing something.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/3/2020 22:17:19 >
    DF  Post #: 460
    2/10/2020 13:18:24   
    Kurtz96

I was using the exact same set up (DmK V2) and have beaten the gauntlet so without knowing your rotation I can't offer specific advice. In general: I would say beat the gantlet with healing (you shouldn't need any food for this) first to get any idea of all the mechanics. Look them up on the encyclopedia if you have too. For instance use DmK's anti healing skill just before an enemy heals.

Also get the magi sentinel helm to reduce your crit. Finally, the biggest issue with DmK V2 is mana management so to save MP I often just hit the attack button since DmK does a lot of damage regularly.

You may have just been unlucky due to Pride's RNG.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 2/10/2020 13:19:01 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 461
    2/29/2020 6:17:31   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Sepulchure, the Doomed
    Build: Ascendant, Chaosweaver (main), Eternal Epoch, DmK v2, Shadow Walker, (among others aside from Technomancer, haven't completed the Energy Orb saga, Pipe Dreams annoy me, & Pirate)
    Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apothesis w Blade of Awe/Lucky Hammer (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging) Elemental Unity Defender I, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet, 5 Potions, & Red Fruit
    Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45 & INT & DEX: 200 WIS: 45 (second attempt)
    Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon) w Protection: 199 Fighting: 1 Assistance & Mischief: 200
    Previously Used Strategies: Chaosweaver (both times)
    Notes: doesn't have Uragiri III atm (AARGH's currently too frustrating). Also, anything besides Technomancer would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT I: IT'S DINNERTIME! Finally beat Sepulchure with Chaosweaver and now I've got my own Distorted Doom Visage (III)

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/1/2020 6:19:28 >
    DF  Post #: 462
    2/29/2020 15:00:05   
    Vignesh

https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Sepulchure

here's the endgame wiki page on Sepulchure, learn what he does instead of going in blind. You have +all, potions, hero diet, you should be able to breeze the fight.

if you have techno the mana leech has synergy with your passive
    Post #: 463
    3/7/2020 0:44:24   
    caleb777

Does anyone have a solid strategy yet for The Reaver fight at the Edge of Time? I've tried everything from paladin, necromancer, deathknight, doomknight, etc...I'm level 73 and get get ragdolled quickly. What strategies/builds do you guys use for this? Thanks!

The Galaxy Knight lives!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 464
    3/7/2020 0:58:26   
    Kurtz96

Your level may be an issue. Generally the Inn is for end game players. Also here is the wiki entry:https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Reaver

Use shields/blinds as he can decease your darkness resist to 0.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 465
    3/14/2020 11:36:19   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Pandora's Gauntlet from The Corrupted Seven Board @ The Inn
    Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), DmK v2, among others (aside from Pirate and Technomancer)
    Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apotheosis (alternating between Good & Evil) w Blade of Awe (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Magi Sentinel Helm III (Wrath), Leaf of Flux III, Elemental Unity Defender I, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer & 5 Potions + Hero's Diet + Cocoaberry Juice & Instant Pierogi
    Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
    Previously Used Strategies: multiple times with DmK v2, inviting Artix, Nythera, Rhubarb, & Maz during some of those runs & a few times with Chaosweaver
    Notes: Beat it once with Rhubarb and Maz using Dmk v2, but when I tried replicating it, it was downhill from there
    DF  Post #: 466
    3/14/2020 12:03:59   
    Dratomos
    Helpful!

@Plutonium I really cannot see how to give you advice. If you know how DmK v2's mechanics work, you heal every time you can between fights and you know the mechanics of each Elemental Spirit, I don't see how you fail on this with this equipment.

I've tried this fight myself with exact equipment and I didnt have problems or need for food or extra potions. Only problem I did have was Pride's RNG, but that wasn't game breaking.

And I don't know if guests help in this fight. DmK is best used alone IMO on lvl 90.

And if you use Exalted Apotheosis, leave it on Evil, so with Corruption and Lingering Evil, the DoT deals more damage.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 3/14/2020 12:17:02 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 467
    3/14/2020 14:29:57   
    Plutonium

@Dratomos:Thanks, trying that now.
    DF  Post #: 468
    3/23/2020 12:38:30   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Pandora (EX) from The Corrupted Seven Board
    Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), Dmk v2, Soulweaver, Epoch, Pirate (among others aside from Technomancer)
    Weapons Equipped: Sea Chicken's Conquest III w Thorn Replica VII (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Elpis, Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet (lvl. 80), Joker's Madness, Grub Necklace V, Not-So-Tiny Bubbles, Ribbon of Compromise V, & Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet, 5 Potions & Zard Tartare+
    Stats: INT & END: 200, WIS: 45
    Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon) w Protection, Magic, & Fighting: 200
    Previously Used Strategies: Chaosweaver with Nythera and Aegis (Book 3) like twice and Nythera & Maz
    Notes: N/A for now (not that helpful, I know)

EDIT I: ITS DINNERTIME! Finally beat Pandora EX and now I've got my very own Pandora's Scythe III

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/25/2020 10:46:48 >
    DF  Post #: 469
    3/24/2020 2:58:59   
    Guchi

I managed to defeat Sepulchure at first try but I studied his attack rotation especially with each effects for every attack. I used Pirate armor on this one and I did not have Rotten Hardtrack nor Seaweed. I did not also have 5 potions at that time since I was only trying Sepulchure but got hooked anyway.

The trick is to blind Sepulchure everytime then ALWAYS USE the Backstab skill to reflect damage to Sepulchure regardless if he will hit you or not. It takes a lot of patience and strategy in this approach because it took me an hour to defeat him.

Make sure to maximize Pirate's defensiveness by using blind skills and use its shield as a way to stall for the blind skills' cooldowns (since after using all three, there is at least 1 or 2 turns of waiting time which will make you vulnerable)

I don't really quite remember now the exact skill rotation but its the use of blind skills should follow this way: Summon Crackers -> Target Practice -> Avast!

Lime-Aid is also your bestfriend when battling Sepulchure because he has a debuff where it will destroy your mana - preventing you from using any skill and making you vulnerable.

At best, always bring 5 potions, Rotten Hardtrack, and Seaweed before battling him.

P.S. - Sepulchure died from his own attack during my battle against him thanks to Backstab X)
    Post #: 470
    4/7/2020 0:16:46   
    Dray

Monster/Quest
    Monster/Quest Name: The Elemental Spirit of Lust
    Character Link: Nico
    Dragon Amulet: Yes
    Build: Pirate/Riftwalker/Technomancer... but I have all free armors in the game fully upgraded, including holiday ones. I typically use Riftwalker for burst damage and Technomancer for endurance challenges.
    Weapons Equipped: Ultimate Blinding Light of Destiny, with Blade of Awe Shown
    Accessories Equipped: Frost Vine Wings VI, Defender's Dragon Ring, Necklace and Belt at Max, Joker's Madness, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging)
    Stats: 200 STR / 200 END / 45 LUK
    Pets Equipped: Kid Dragon. Only has 220 points right now.
    Previously Used Strategies: I tried to follow the strategy shown here, but I can't stun her, and I think, perhaps, my equipment isn't up to snuff, as all my numbers are quite a bit lower. I've attempted to beat her down solo, with allies, using gimmicks, using DoT, using straight damage... it's tricky.
    Notes: I have all free armors in the game fully upgraded. I also have Chi Blast, but its relevancy against Lust is debatable.
    Post #: 471
    4/8/2020 12:21:36   
    Vignesh

Guest stuns were degenerate and nerfed.
    How much fire res do you have?
    Post #: 472
    4/11/2020 23:13:53   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: The Conduit: Crystal & Stone (Ricterild)
    Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), DmK v2, Pirate, among others (aside from Technomancer)
    Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apotheosis w Blade of Awe & Lucky Hammer (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Elpis, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Boxhat IX, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer & 5 Potions + Hero's Diet
    Stats: INT & END: 200, WIS: 45
    Previously Used Strategies: a few times with Chaosweaver
    Notes: starting to reach that Dominion of Dreams level of aggravation with both Reaver & Ricterild
    EDIT I: So, I'm starting to get annoyed with The Conduit, so that's a wrap for now.
    EDIT II: ITS DINNERTIME! Finally beat Ricterild and now I've got my very own Inert Summon Gem - Ricterild EX

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/14/2020 7:27:25 >
    DF  Post #: 473
    4/12/2020 12:43:06   
    Kurtz96

Once he is in his cocoon you can just leave him there (all he does is a -50 bonus) so use that time to heal up. When I used DmK V2 I liked to get in 2 life carves in cocoon time. Also use weaken to break to cocoon.
    After all the cocoons are broken use dragon shield/malefic binding to ensure you don't get all 4 DOTs on you.

I have beaten him with DmK V2 (it was close but I also did not use any food) so it is possible.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 474
    4/14/2020 8:59:56   
    Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: The Conduit: Crystal & Stone (1000 Gold)
    Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), DmK v2, Pirate, among others (aside from Technomancer)
    Weapons Equipped: Draconic Brightspark IX (breaking Roktoru's horns) w Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals (Water for attacking Roktoru while he's stunned) & Lucky Hammer (shown), Exalted Apotheosis, Facet of Hyonix IX w Blade of Awe & Lucky Hammer (shown)
    Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Boxhat IX, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer, Light Res gear for Ricterild, & 5 Potions + Hero's Diet
    Stats: INT & END: 200 & WIS: 45
    Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon)
    Previously Used Strategies: Chaosweaver
    Notes: N/A (for now)
    EDIT I: IT'S DINNERTIME! Finally beat Crystal & Stone twice with Ascendant and got Roktoru and Ricterild EX Summon Gems.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/15/2020 7:49:02 >
    DF  Post #: 475
    Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
    Page 19 of 25«<1718192021>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition