Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Spark of the Soul, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Spark of the Soul, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2021 3:47:51   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

The Spark of the Soul

Location: The Royal Resistance - Rose Faction / Golden Hand Faction / Vind Faction -> Doomwood Camp -> Quests! -> The Spark of the Soul
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Direct Current
Release Date: April 16th, 2021

Objective: The Doomwood rift draws ever closer to the grasp of the Greenguard Alliance.
Objective completed: Souls, threads, and sparks.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(4) Lagohm Gigas
(5) Lagohm Seeker
(4) Lagohm Sparkbearer
(2) Lagohm Stomper
(4) Thund
(1) Prince Lupin Verriton - Boss

NPCs
Eulin Verriton IV
G. M. Hansa
Jaania
Kara SuLema
Lupin Verriton
Ostromir
Raven
Thursday

Rewards
Lupin's Blueprints

Dialogue

*Back in the Doomwood Ruins, the cohort discusses further on scouting ahead.*

Ostromir: And then, if my memory serves, there should be a large room a ways up ahead. Some sort of cathedral, I think.
Ostromir: And that is where we will find our focus point.
G. M. Hansa: What are their defenses like? They surely must be expecting us.
Raven: When we left, it looked like they were beginning to set up an encampment.
Raven: No one really got in our way.
Eulin Verriton IV: They knew they couldn't stand before a prince- er, former prince- that is...
Ostromir: They were not expecting an attack from the rift, most likely.
Kara SuLema: But with the number of ambushes and patrols we encountered along the way, I can't imagine they don't have some sort of base set up now.
Eulin Verriton IV: Most certainly! And with my brother at the lead, it's probably quite defensible and extensible!
G. M. Hansa: You don't have to sound so proud of the enemy, Eulin.
Eulin Verriton IV: Enemy. Right.
Kara SuLema: Fighting against your own is a terrible tragedy. But the coming storm threatens all of the people of Doomwood. And beyond.
Kara SuLema: Your actions make you a true hero, Eulin.
Eulin Verriton IV: ...Not to me.
G. M. Hansa: *cough* Regarding our plan of attack, then.
G. M. Hansa: I believe a frontal assault would be the best plan of action.
G. M. Hansa: With <Character> and <Dragon> leading the charge, we shouldn't run into anything we can't handle.
Raven: Eulin, can you give us any information about possible defenses we can expect?
Eulin Verriton IV: Hmm. They'll have lightning towers for sure, so you'll want to watch your step.
Eulin Verriton IV: And we'll have to make sure to watch our backs too! But you're all so strong, I'm sure it'll be fine...
Ostromir: I will be counting on you to keep Vseslava and I safe!
Kara SuLema: Let's pack up and prepare for the assault then.

*You fight your way through various monsters until you reach an electrified gate.*

???: Halt, Beyondlings!

*Prince Lupin Verriton, in his mechanical suit, flips and lands in front of the cohort.*

Lupin Verriton: I am Prince Lupin Verriton! First Heir to the Manufactory! You trespass on sovereign ground!
<Character>: Prince Lupin, we're here to close the rift that threatens our world.
<Character>: Out of respect to Prince Eulin, I'd prefer not to fight. Maybe we can come to some sort of agreement?
Lupin Verriton: The traitor dares to show his face here? At the command of Beyondlings no less?
Lupin Verriton: Hand him over and you may leave unharmed. You have my word as Prince of the Manufactory.
Raven: That's not going to happen!
G. M. Hansa: Unfortunately, this isn't about your Lagohm politics. The rift is the issue at hand.
Lupin Verriton: That rift is the heart of the Manufactory's endeavors into the Beyond.
Lupin Verriton: It is not a negotiable piece in this.
<Character>: Then we have no choice but to fight our way through to it.
Lupin Verriton: Precisely.

• Battle! - begins battle with Prince Lupin Verriton... or does it?
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to The Royal Resistance - Rose Faction / Golden Hand Faction / Vind Faction.

*Eulin rushes up to Lupin at the start of battle in an attempt to dissuade him.*

Eulin Verriton IV: Stop! Wait!
    Eulin Verriton IV: Lupin, you have to listen to me! We shouldn't be fighting! If we can only establish a dialogue, and trade, following my twenty-part process—

*Lupin kicks off Eulin to the side with his mechanical suit.*

Lupin Verriton: Out of the way, runt.

Lupin Verriton: I'll bring you home after I deal with this rabble.
    Raven: Eulin!
    Lupin Verriton: Now, where were we, hero of the Beyondlings?

• Battle! - begins battle with Prince Lupin Verriton.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to The Royal Resistance - Rose Faction / Golden Hand Faction / Vind Faction.

*Lupin is seen with his wrecked mechanical suit to the side after his defeat.*

Lupin Verriton: I-impossible! Such power! Such skill!
    <Character>: We're going to be taking control of the rift now, if you don't mind.
    Lupin Verriton: With such might, it's no wonder that you were able to brainwash Eulin.
    Lupin Verriton: Such barbarity! Such indignity!
    Lupin Verriton: What manner of torture, what manner of horrendous acts must I too now endure?
    Eulin Verriton IV: I wasn't brainwashed! I told you before!
    Eulin Verriton IV: And they definitely haven't tortured me!
    Eulin Verriton IV: The Beyond is an incredible place! And their warriors are brave and strong!
    Eulin Verriton IV: We'll get nowhere by just trying to conquer them by force. They're too powerful for that.
    Eulin Verriton IV: It's not like back home.
    Lupin Verriton: Having been defeated, I cannot argue that my strategy was a mistake.
    Lupin Verriton: But you know that father won't listen to you. His conquests have brought the Manufactory much glory.
    Lupin Verriton: He'll see this as a challenge.
    Eulin Verriton IV: Father... will have to see for himself. And I expect he'll come around too.
    Lupin Verriton: I should like to spare his pride the fate that mine befell, but I guess that's up to the Beyondlings.
    Lupin Verriton: Beyondlings! If your intent is to close the rift, you'd best hurry. Word of my defeat has surely spread. And if my father is on the way...
    Eulin Verriton IV: Yeah. Let's go, everyone!
    Lupin Verriton: ...
    Lupin Verriton: I... don't suppose one of your allies would be willing to carry me as well?
    Raven: Oh, he's almost as cute as Eulin!

Raven: I can't even! I just can't!
    Thursday: Come along with me, your Highness.

If you have a Dragon Amulet:
    <Dragon>: Great. Another chattering snack.
    <Dragon>: No one's offering to carry me!
    <Character>: Maybe if you laid off the dragon-snax, it would be easier!

If you don't have a Dragon Amulet:
    <Dragon>: *Grumpy growl*
    <Character>: You're adorable too, <Dragon>. Don't let it get to you!

*Your dragon glances back in astonishment; back in Swordhaven, Jaania is diligently studying the source of magic, with stacks of books and scrolls placed across her room.*

Jaania: The soul...
    Jaania: And the body...

*One of the books titled "The Study of Forbidden Magicks" is placed on her table; Jaania decides to peruse it.*

Jaania: Hmm...

*Late into the night, Jannia continues her study on forbidden magicks.*

Jaania: Soulweaving...
    Jaania: What makes the forbidden... forbidden?
    Jaania: Manipulation of the body by means of the soul... which means either the soul itself, or the body, is special.

*Jaania stands up and walks around her desk as she ponders the book's contents.*

Jaania: Flesh can be easily manipulated.
    Jaania: Cut, burned, or otherwise harmed.
    Jaania: Which leaves the soul.

*Jaania stops walking and looks at the vessel containing the coreless soul at her desk.*

Jaania: What makes the soul so hard to manipulate...? The Soulweavers can do it...
    Jaania: What makes the soul so hard to...?

*Jaania pauses as she believes she has discovered a revelation.*

Jaania: The weavers.

Jaania: The weavers of soul threads.

Jaania: The weavers.

Jaania: Soul threads.
    Jaania: Such power in threads. Could these threads in fact be... that which connect one...
    Jaania: The threads... that connect one...
    Jaania: To the mana core!

*Jaania pauses for a moment before continuing to walk around her desk.*

Jaania: Then... this shapes the perspective of the Oculus disaster.
    Jaania: The resulting overflow was not the latent power of the subject, but rather the result of forcing a conduit to the mana core.
    Jaania: Following that logic, then the soul is therefore limited. And depending on its strength...

*Jaania stops walking as she continues to ponder her discovery.*

Jaania: Then how does a focus stone work?
    Jaania: If mana is passed to us from the mana core by threads, and when creating a focus stone, we pass mana to the stone, then...
    Jaania: Then the process used to create focus stones must be inherently related to manipulating the threads of mana.
    Jaania: A starting point to extrapolate from.
    Jaania: If I can figure out how to pull on these threads... combined with my theoretical spellwork from before...

*Jaania looks at the vessel again before she briefly expresses remorse about her plan.*

Jaania: ...
    Jaania: It's... It's for the sake of everyone on Lore.

*Jaania touches the vessel.*

Jaania: I'm sorry, lost soul, but I will remember your sacrifice.

*Scene fades to black around the vessel, which is momentarily spotlighted before the entire scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • The HP/MP healing pad acts as a healing source during the quest.
  • Stepping on a lightning circle will remove 30% max HP from the player and any guests.
  • Completion of this quest unlocks the Rose Backpiece / Golden Hand Backpiece / Vind Backpiece shop back in The Royal Resistance - Rose Faction / Golden Hand Faction / Vind Faction respectively.
  • This quest was updated with expanded dialogue on April 30th, 2021; more information can be found in the April 30th, 2021 Design Notes.

< Message edited by Jay -- 9/14/2021 3:08:07 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Spark of the Soul, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition