Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Item MECHANIC Clone Requests

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> =AQ= Item MECHANIC Clone Requests
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2024 15:24:50   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING.

Hello, everyone! We're coming up on 18 months since the original thread for mechanical clone requests, and it's time to reopen the floor for new ideas! By having some quest rewards pull from these requests, my hope is that gathering this feedback will save some development time for the team in order to decompress between several major projects.

What is this thread?

This is a thread for highlighting items that you would like to see us reuse the mechanical effects of for new quest items. It's not a thread for asking for old items to bring back, or for item art cloning. For example, if you really like an item called the Shield of Deep Fried Thunder because it applies a Wind Burn when blocking attacks, and you'd like us to do another item that does that, this is your thread! A future item called the Atchooteon Escutcheon might be developed with new art, but applying the same effect with a different element.

Please read the following requirements for a suggestion before posting:

Rules

• Items need to be recent enough that they have discernible mechanics to clone. While I'm not saying a specific cutoff due to how different systems have been revamped in different years, an item should be new enough to have more mechanics than simply attacking with old stat bonuses.
  • If a Z-Token item is cloned, the new item will have to cost tokens as well.
  • No clones, even elementally swapped, of Z-Token package bonus items, token donation contest items, or GGBs. We realize a lot of them are really outdated and have mechanics that are vague nowadays, but we may revisit those when there's time. A cloned premium item needs to be premium in the same manner, and this thread is for quest rewards.
  • No items that compress other items. A misc compressing a single other item would be okay, but other combinations are not. Items with skills (As they're technically compressed spells) are okay, but the more skills an item has, the more unlikely it is to be chosen.
  • Items are more likely to be chosen the simpler their replication would be. Items old enough to need a full redesign, or with lots of skills to go through, are an unlikely choice.
  • In line with the above and for purpose/theme reasons, classes are NOT getting clones or elemental variants. Please don't ask for tomes or full sets either.
  • It's okay to suggest an item that needs minor fixes or is on old standards. The complexity of the necessary changes will affect how likely we are to pick the suggestion.
  • This is not a balance discussion thread. Please understand that the need to bring any cloned old items to modern standards is a functional requirement and not an optional desire of the team, and that this thread is here to request items rather than discuss whether or not they're balanced. For more on the definitions of balance at play in AQ design, please review this thread.
  • If you can find a pedia or info submission for the item, please include a link.
  • Please keep suggestions to a single reply per user, using the template at the bottom of the post for each item.

General Exclusions: There are some general effects that we will not recreate due to being old, discontinued, unbalanced, complex to update, or part of mechanics that are pending a rework (Which would lead to having to redesign the item some time in the future). Some examples: Charisma weapons, the old -10% resistance miscellaneous items, damage-scaling effects, Lucky Strike/Hypercritical items, Backlash/Blocklash.

Specific Exclusions: Please don't ask for H-Series Tempest Power Armor or Troposhield.

[b]Item:[/b]
    [b]Item Location:[/b] 
    [b]Mechanical summary:[/b] 

< Message edited by Lorekeeper -- 9/28/2024 12:36:26 >
  • Post #: 1
    9/17/2024 16:19:09   
    NightofLight

Slime Barrier:
    Mogloween Seasonal Shop:
    http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22397380

Also there was a suggested fix for it that would be cool
    http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22418276
    AQ  Post #: 2
    9/17/2024 20:08:30   
    Cupquake

Nickelclad Stormblade/Stormfall/Stormheart
    Rare Monster Hunt - Valentis, the Storm Squire
    Mechanical Summary

< Message edited by Cupquake -- 9/17/2024 20:18:57 >
    Post #: 3
    9/18/2024 2:21:21   
    Zeldax

Item: Winter Warden
    Item Location: Frostval 2023 Giftbox
    Mechanical summary: Reduces weapon damage to inflict choke on hit. Has a skill sacrifices damage to inflict elevuln to fire/ice, a toggle that uses SP per turn to inflict choke when you hit or get hit, and a toggle that inflicts either ice or fire burn for an SP cost. (I personally have preference for the burn toggle in particular)

Item: Moonshadow's Omen / Silverwind Prophet
    Item Location: Rubicon Part 3
    Mechanical summary: Sacrifices 50% weapon damage to inflict burn. Has a toggle to inflict Eclipsed / Windswept on hit for an SP cost.

Might edit this post if I think of anything else.

Item: Moglord's Crown
    Item Location: Frostval 2012 Giftbox
    Mechanical summary: +CHA and chance for Celerity every turn. Link

Item: Possessed Diabolical Blade
    Item Location: Birthday LTS (?)
    Mechanical summary: Click for Light imbue with Spirit Rend

Item: Perion Crest
    Item Location: Warlic's Shop -> Quests -> The Last Ride -> The Scourge
    Mechanical summary: + STR, END, CHA, LUK and inflicts Burn per hit

Item: Summon/Call Prototype Hunter Drone
    Item Location: Warlic's Shop -> Quests -> War Between Shadows -> Land of Returning Evil
    Mechanical summary: Guest that can toggle between Energy and Harm with +50% damage in both modes for a higher upkeep.

Item: Dark Invader
    Item Location: StarSlayer Void Fight
    Mechanical summary: Energy/Fire Armor with a status bomb skill that inflicts defloss, elevuln, choke, and status weakness. Also has increased status resistance and weakness to burn.

Item: Spotter Drake
    Item Location: Lost Talon Set
    Mechanical summary: Toggle between Earth EleShield + Omni Status Potency and Damage Mode with +50% damage. Would be great if the clone was also 2-4 hits (Spotter Drake is 1 hit only)

< Message edited by Zeldax -- 10/10/2024 0:13:15 >
    Post #: 4
    9/18/2024 11:16:46   
    Dreiko Shadrack

Item: Moonwalker's Grace
    Item Location: Yulgar's memorial shop
    Mechanical summary: It's an MP costing stat booster spell for DEX, it could use an SP variant somewhere and both could benefit from an update to be on standards.

Item: Accordion Shield
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Giftboxes (Permanently Rare)
    Mechanical summary: It's just a shield with Control specific potence, however it's the only case of it ever being released thus far.

Item: Helm of Frostval's Past
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Giftboxes (Permanently Rare)
    Mechanical summary: A bth boosting misc (with multiplicative elemental resistance) that also has a once per battle built in quickcast skill that gives more bth for a number of turns, the only one of its kind as well.

Item: Underwyrmling
    Item Location: Escape the Wicked King (Challenge Mode)
    Mechanical summary: Pet that toggles to have the ability to target the monster's SP bar and inflict SP "blocking" disease status, while the disease portion can be left exclusive to this challenge pet there should be more than just it to have the base ability, since while there has been one other released it now is a permanently rare frostval pet.

Item: Angra Linnorm
    Item Location: Haunted Dragonlord's Set Pet Shop
    Mechanical summary: Pet that boosts both ranged and melee damage (as well as provide some backlash), the backlash portion can be ignored but a booster pet bought with gold for Magic damage and one of the other two damage types would be a boon seeing as mages have no such booster option in pets (or guests for that matter) that are not premium currency based in some capacity.

Item: Spring Dryad Defender
    Item Location: Grenwog Festival: To Spring a Trap
    Mechanical summary: Shield that toggles a dual stat booster (STR/INT), we could use more of these bought for gold and with other stats/base elements.

Will edit as I remember things.

< Message edited by Dreiko Shadrack -- 9/18/2024 13:18:14 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    9/18/2024 13:55:52   
    Branl

Item: Nerfkitten
    Item Location: Guardian Shop
    Mechanical Summary: Randomly selects between buffs damage and bth or attemping to nerf monster MRM. While there's some necessary changes to bring it in line with current standards (introducing a toggle, swapping the minor and major roll stats as they are implemented as (Luk/Cha vs Int/Luk instead of the intended Cha/Luk vs Luk/Int), and one that I'd argue is a good standard going forward (Def Loss effects attempting their status before an attack), there's a lot of potential good to be had in making more clones and bringing the existing elemental variants (Ice/Wind/Earth) in line.

Edits inbound pending more interesting ideas.

Item: Reindeerling Slayer
    Item Location: Guardian Giftbox 2021.
    Mechanical Summary: Toggle 1: Deals extra damage vs Fragile enemies. Toggle 2: lets it eat Fragile to empower a SP attack. More permanently available fragile support would be nice. Doubly so for more readily available SP damage options. If a mechanical clone of Reindeerling is made, I think you can make the original and the clone both more desirable by allowing the SP damage mode to overflow and deal HP damage when enemy SP bar is empty.

< Message edited by Branl -- 10/3/2024 20:39:40 >

IGN: Teryle

There's a method to my madness.
    AQ DF  Post #: 6
    9/18/2024 14:05:34   
    Dardiel

My suggestions off the top of my head:

Star Journey Laser (weapon with a designated paralyze mode toggle; especially convenient as a paralyze item that isn't losing a ton of value vs bosses with freedom/stun windows).

Hourglass Battleaxe (weapon with -20% damage normally, but every 5th hit gets ~+80% damage)

Limbus Blade (funky weapon, I think it could be interesting as a toggle weapon)

Nerlord's Crest (shield that reduces enemy stats; would be neat to see this mechanic come back)

I also strongly support the Nerfkitten proposal, would love to have a toggle on that.

< Message edited by Dardiel -- 9/18/2024 14:06:45 >
    Post #: 7
    9/18/2024 20:21:33   
    Sapphire

Item: Claw Arm
    Item Location: May the Fourth LTS
    Mechanical summary: The elevuln-->eleshield idea, which is also on Mage staves. More interested in the effect on more items. It can be used on a spell, or other items ..even a wand or pet/guest or whatever.

Item: The Brain Spider Summons Spells/Guests
    Item Location: The Fall of Augerthorne and Devourer Saga Items shop (according to info subs)
    Mechanical summary: A Guest that eats the monster INT, however an INT-steal would be preferable

Item: WIshweaver Magic weapon or Tritent
    Item Location: Ballyhoo Contest Shops
    Mechanical summary: MAgic weapons with compressed spells, especially ones with 2 options

Item: Summon Giant Horror
    Item Location: DEvourer Saga-Queen of Hearts
    Mechanical summary: Guests with elevuln. I prob listed these last time. Really want a fire one

Item: Winter Warden Shield
    Item Location: 2023 Frostval Giftboxes
    Mechanical summary: Backlashes an elevuln up to 4 times when a monster hit you

Item: Lovestruck Wand (and other lovestruck weapons)
    Item Location: Snugglefest
    Mechanical summary: Both the wand (bleed upon spellcast) as well as bleed-eat lovestruck melee weapon (but for magic/ranged)

Item: Twilly Wand
    Item Location: I think the Chupacabra Rare Monster Hunt shop
    Mechanical summary: Panic upon spellcasts, and a compressed spell (healing or otherwise)

Item: Relentless Erosion and Praetorian Onslaught
    Item Location: Rubicon March Part 2 Burning Loyalty
    Mechanical summary: Efficient spell/skill with Choke (and other effects) that add up per landed hit, but don't scale, but the cost scales with monster resist. Would like to see this on MP spells, too

Item: Mandate/74th Law/Abominable Frostbite/Ancestral Forbiddence
    Item Location: Mogloween 2021/Frostval 2023/
    Mechanical summary: Status bomb spells of a variety. More and other effects. Same ones with a diff element as the ones listed, too.

Item: Stalagmice spell
    Item Location: One of the options inside Ice Wizard's Tome, UR GGB
    Mechanical summary: A spell that pays 50% damage to inflict bleed.

Item:Infernal Angel
    Item Location: 2023 BF Token package
    Mechanical summary: Simply putting Initiative on another SC lean armor, but perhaps one that actually makes sense like one that is all about damage and not burns/heals

Item:Knife to meat you
    Item Location: Mogloween 2019 Pumpkin Spies Quest
    Mechanical summary: Quick Cast 1x per battle spells (spectral chains I think from previous frostval is another)

Item:Eternal Champion's Defiance
    Item Location: 20th Anniv event
    Mechanical summary: Choke and panic potence on same shield (tbh, could also do poison/burn/bleed combos, too)

Item: Legion Aegis/lovestruck misc
    Item Location: Legion LTS I think/Snugglefest main quest
    Mechanical summary: +10% poison damage/+15% bleed damage on shields/miscs

< Message edited by Sapphire -- 9/24/2024 15:24:13 >
    Post #: 8
    9/19/2024 11:41:25   
    KhalJJ

Item: Edge of the End
    Item Location: Last Ride saga finale - no official info subs
    Mechanical summary: the on-weapon-click for burn-eater damage skill, for other statuses or effects, but elemental clones also good. Would be cool to experiment with overcharged/efficient versions though I presume efficient would be most popular. Royal Void Charge falls into this bucket too, unfortunately also is fire!

Item: Vampire subrace form - *not* the entire thing, just one mechanic.
    Item Location: Safiria's castle
    Mechanical summary: the mechanic of interest is the heal% of bleed damage. Would be cool to see this, or similar, for other statuses. Heroic titan misc approaches this but is a binary yes/no for burn, so there's no scaling with stronger burns.

Item: Mirror Vordred's Panoply
    Item Location: UR GGB, https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22399335&mpage=11&key=?
    Mechanical summary: the mechanic of interest is "eat x upon attack". Both the heal, and the damage booster eat are very interesting/useful, and I think the first of their kind? (although brand of glory does this in a restricted manner) This for other statuses would be excellent. - understand this a GGB and ineligible as a whole, leaving up to highlight the mechanic of interest only.

Item: Mermazon Champion
    Item Location: Community Donation contest, https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22384079&mpage=7&key=?
    Mechanical summary: QC consume x to do y - in this case it consumes poison, inflict drowning. But any status-eat QC to inflict something else is interesting. I think Legion Monsterlord gaze also does this, but spreads out the ele-empower too much (4 turns, +25% damage)

Item: Typhon Shard
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22384079&mpage=8&key=? Pride event
    Mechanical summary: Toggle to inflict x status/effect upon weapon attack OR spellcast. This is really excellent, allowing armors to have this versatility is clearly pretty popular, but maybe that is just because of panic in this case being good? Unsure. Infinite darkcaster does this but it is rather weak, in it's spell augmentation, and of course only affects spells. I imagine spell augmentation is one for the future, with Mage having gotten a toggle skill for this, so don't want to step on archmage's toes, but that is going to be a while so...

Item: Lovestruck scope
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22190430&mpage=10&key=? , snugglefest shop
    Mechanical summary: Omni-Defensive trigger if enemy has x status. Lovestruck is talked about a lot as being overtuned, but what I'm interested here is solely the trigger providing defence - this effect enables a lot of flexibility in any status build, so I think this effect should exist for other statuses. Other effects of any misc with this are a bonus. Also I suppose it doesn't necessarily need to be a misc but that makes most sense.

Item: Unravelling Nightmare
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22240040&mpage=4&key=
    Mechanical summary: 2 turn charge up spell. Cool. Other elements could be cool too.

Item: 74th Law
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22240040&mpage=5&key=?
    Mechanical summary: status bomb spell. Bleed+burn. Excellent, would be cool as straight elemental clones or other similar spells (Mandate included, quite cool but less useful effects imo). Related, simlar Surtr's spell being overcharged and premium kind of makes it less appealing, but I can see some scenarios where the overcharge is really good, depending on how the stauses are split (ie not too widely).

Item: Ravenous Sharkicane and/or Rising Nightmare
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22240040&mpage=8&key= , https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22240040&mpage=6&key=
    Mechanical summary: Cool spell. Unsure on split between wanting a damaging spell with heal eater attached, or pure heal spell that is also an eater (Rising Knightmare). Either way, would be good to get more coverage of these (sharkicane is mage only, knightmare is STR/DEX only)

Item: jalek’s panic reaver
    Item Location: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22367407
    Mechanical summary: QC fear eat for hypercrit + accuracy. Not suggesting specifcally hypercrit here - Really cool mechanic, elemental clones would be good, and similar effects for other statuses is what I'm suggesting given the hypercrit hiatus.

Item: Terror totem
    Item Location: Terror set quest: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21308474&mpage=7&key=?
    Mechanical summary: QC fear eat for heal. I think this is useful on other elements, and for other statuses, and possibly for other resources

Item: Shadow phoenix shield - Not Applicable due to Token Dono status I think...
    Item Location: Old dono contest: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22264696&mpage=7&key=?
    Mechanical summary: Charge - resurrect - effect (ele-empower) upon resurrect based on charges. Biggest ele-empower I've seen but the cost is you have to die. Seems fun, and could build silly strategies around it.

Addition based on recent Nightmare Queen package:

Item: Undead Reindeer Stampede
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian giftbox 2022 : https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22240040&mpage=5
    Mechanical summary: A decent, usable fear spell (50% damage goes into inflicting fear). Nightmare Queen has highlighted the complete lack and dire need of any available, useable fear spells. Surely also we should have fear spells that compete, or even outcompete, necromancer's compressed spells? Probably interest in even higher damage paid versions.

+1 to telcontar's suggestions of caden's wrath and monocle misc.

< Message edited by KhalJJ -- 10/6/2024 7:37:07 >
    Post #: 9
    9/23/2024 7:04:00   
    CH4OT1C!

I'll start by seconding @NightofLight's request for Slime Barrier (not biased at all), as well as @Dreiko Shadrack's request for Moonwalker's Grace - there really should be an equivalent DEX version of Buffalot's Beach Bod and Arcane Amplification for Rangers.

Item: Samukematsuri Caltrops
    Item Location: Guardian Spell Giftbox 2017
    Mechanical summary: This is less about the spell and more specifically about the Caltrops status, which effectively serves as a per hit version of Backlash. Caltrops was overlooked when it was first released, not least because the spell it's attached to is underpowered. However, it's a backlash-like mechanic that avoids pretty much all of the problems associated with it, and therefore has a range of potential applications.

Item: Unraveling Nightmare
    Item Location: Frostval 2020
    Mechanical summary: I recognise that @KhalJJ has already mentioned this, but I wanted to draw specific attention to the benefits of two turn attacks, not just spells. I see these as valuable and malleable ways to add power to an attack without allowing things to become crazy. I personally think unravelling nightmare might have taken this concept too far (two overcharged casts, a HP cost and MRM reduction feels like investing too much in a single attack...) but there are a lot of ways to play with this concept to manipulate the %Melee value of the final attack. It's also one of the ways I can think of fixing Kindred, one of the most overpowered skills in AQ.

Item: Guardian Trailmix
    Item Location: A Seekrat Tail
    Mechanical summary: A misc with an inbuilt heal spell/skill. Notwithstanding the problems currently associated with healing, another issue faced by players is the difficulty of fitting one in your inventory. Mages can get by with healing branches, but it's more difficult for Warriors and Rangers. Having a misc with one inbuilt would therefore be extremely beneficial (you could even save labour by using the same animation as cure wounds or another standard battleon heal spell).

Item: Pscyho Candy Hearts
    Item Location: Snugglefest 2013
    Mechanical summary: A spell that follows weapon element. Not a great item as things stand, but I think this might be able to follow a similar path to the fathershed moment or Vitae Thirster in spending HP to reduce the penalty. To be clear - I do not think it's a good idea to entirely remove the damage penalty. However, I see mitigating some of that cost as a valuable way to making a very useful utility compression spell. For the same reason, a Ranged 100/0-proc weapon version of this mechanic would go a long way.

Item: Celestial Phoenix Feather
    Item Location: Avian Trio Void Challenge
    Mechanical summary: I raise this misc specifically for the mechanic of offering powerful one-turn status effects. Would be a useful addition, applied to both weapon attacks and spells.

I'd also like to mention other types of spellbooster items. We already have a number of spellbooster items, but most are restricted to magic weapons like Heroic Titan. We also have a number of STR/DEX spell-typ skills that are difficult to boost given the player has to rely on said magic weapons. To make them more competitive, they need spellboosters too. One way to make that burden more manageable would be to release a toggle weapon with spellboosting capabilities regardless of mode, or to attach spellboosters to different item types like miscs. I can't pin a specific spellbooster down for this as we're short across the board, though Heroic Titan, Pridesmatic Bubble Wand, the Communicant weapon, and Arctic Athame are all good examples.

I would also suggest some armours, but unfortunately the compression restriction prevents me from doing so.

The Caltrops spell was Guardian locked, Unraveling Nightmare was gold but is now locked behind a portal painting. However, all cost gold and the rest of the above can be readily accessed without spending tokens.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 9/23/2024 14:59:10 >
    AQ  Post #: 10
    9/23/2024 9:42:25   
    Telcontar Arvedui I

I second Moonwalker's Grace.
    I also second 74th Law, given Earth, Darkness, Light and Energy lack F2P status bomb spells that sacrifice more than 80 percent of spell damage.

As for my own suggestions:

Item: Caden's Wrath
    Item Location: Rare GGB
    Infosubs: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22311046
    Mechanical summary: A weapon (or maybe even a spell!) that checks for, and interacts with, the absence of companions would be a cool take on 0-CHA playstyles. I'm suggesting we stick to the damage-boosting mechanics already present for now, although I am intrigued to see if its possible to implement a status-infliction result in the far, far future.

Item: Fruitcake Wreath
    Item Location: Frostval '15: Stollen Fruitcake
    Infosubs: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22197027
    Mechanical summary: Who wouldn't love a generic SP source?

Item: Guardian Cultivated Monocle
    Item Location: A Mysterious Visitor!
    Infosubs: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20976327
    Mechanical summary: Spell-booster miscs that pays resources (namely SP) upon spellcasting. Would be nice to have such spell-boosting options that are not strictly tied to weapons, or armour (leans), or the Berserk status.

Item: Foam Finger
    Item Location: Snugglefest 2018 (Season of Shipping)
    Infosubs: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22252325&mpage=6&key=�
    Mechanical summary: IMO this line of mechanics (paying resources or sacrificing player offense/defense to buff companions) is a good direction for future beastmaster builds. Foam Finger is not a CHA weapon since it uses STR for stat bonuses like a regular Melee weapon

< Message edited by Telcontar Arvedui I -- 9/23/2024 21:08:44 >
    AQ  Post #: 11
    9/23/2024 11:18:53   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

Clarified the following rule:

• No items that compress other items. A misc compressing a single other item would be okay, but other combinations are not. Items with skills (As they're technically compressed spells) are okay, but the more skills an item has, the more unlikely it is to be chosen.
  • Post #: 12
    9/23/2024 13:20:58   
    1stClassGenesis

Weapons:

Spurit Lance
    Item Location: Valencia's Z-Token Shop
    Mechanical Summary: Weapons that heal resources on weapon hits / spell cast.

Aciel's Calamity Staff
    Item Location: Staff Birthday LTS
    Mechanical Summary: Weapons that pay spell damage for ONE effect (Poisons, Burns, Bleeds, Panic/Choke, healing, the works).

Armors:

Fall Dryad Form, or at least the spell from it.
    Item Location: Grenwog 2023
    Mechanical Summary: Armor compressing a seeking auto-hit spell, or just the seeking auto-hit spell.

Shields:

Mutant Egg Defender
    Item Location: Grenwog 2020
    Mechanical Summary: Damage-reducing shield.

Eternal Champion's Defiance
    Item Location: 20th Anniversary
    Mechanical Summary: Think Poison and Poison Siphon potency.

Nickelclad Knight Defender
    Item Location: Nickelclad Storm Owl
    Mechanical Summary: Shield with heal resist.

Mana Crystal Defender
    Item Location: Jr. Squires of Order
    Mechanical Summary: Barrier-forming shields after spell casts.

Fate's Betrayal or Sunken Ship Wheel
    Item Location: When Powers Collide / TLaPD's Treasure Hunt
    Mechanical Summary: Dual-elemental shields with a damage reduction flavor added.

Carpe Somnia
    Item Location: Devourer Saga - Day At The Inn
    Mechanical Summary: Any compression shield, really. Cross reference Ward_Point's spreadsheet.

Spells:

The Classic Spells
    Mechanical Summary: Specifically Efficient auto-hit spells with moderate to high hit counts.

Vidrir's Judgment
    Item Location: Frostval 2019
    Mechanical Summary: Auto-hit spell costing HP instead of damage.

Harrowing Dunes
    Item Location: Blarney 2024
    Mechanical Summary: Overcharged spell that has an infinite duration gimmick and a status.

Surtr's Promise
    Item Location: April Fools 2024
    Mechanical Summary: As above.

Nature's Reclamation
    Item Location: Grenwog 2021

Absolute Darkness
    Item Location: Dragonlorn Keep - The Far West

Prismheart Tome's first 2 spells
    Item Location: Rainbow Path Festival 2023
    Mechanical Summary: High hit-count Prismatic Burn inflicting spell, and a Poison Siphon inflicting spell.

Fireball Z
    Item Location: Varrinsqu Keep - Spell Scroll
    Mechanical Summary: High hit count spell with no frills whatsoever.

Goggplant Parmesan
    Item Location: Burning Solstiice - Greatest Warrior I
    Mechanical Summary: Any compression spell with moderate hit count.

Pinata Pummel
    Item Location: Cinco De Mayo
    Mechanical Summary: Spells that do something if the monster is tagged as a skillcaster.

Call Lepre-Chan
    Item Location: Blarney Shop
    Mechanical Summary: Non-premium elemental booster.

Pets:

Lepre-Chan (almost certain this isn't the latest subs)

DUM Chariot (no info subs)
    Item Location: Winter LTS
    Mechanical Summary: EleVul / Poison toggle pet.

Miscs:

Mark of X Miscs
    Mechanical Summary: Compression resist miscs barely exists.

Brainwreck
    Item Location: Mogloween 2022
    Mechanical Summary: Elemental misc compressing a once-per-battle SP heal.

Ravenous Talisman
    Item Location: Harvest 2019
    Mechanical Summary: Elemental misc with a damage trigger costing HP.

Polygalactase Process
    Item Location: Battle of Flowers
    Mechanical Summary: Elemental misc with a damage trigger based on monster tag.

Balegyr's Omen
    Mechanical Summary: Elemental boosting misc with fun additions.

Zorbak's Frigid Doll
    Item Location: Frostval 2018
    Mechanical Summary: Elemental boosting misc compressing a no-frills spell.

Edit: Will add to the post as more come to mind.

Changelog:
    - Added DUM Chariot, fixed a couple of erroneously summarized entries.

< Message edited by 1stClassGenesis -- 10/4/2024 13:23:09 >
    Post #: 13
    9/23/2024 19:00:33   
    neswii

Item: Fortune Thief
    Item Location: Blarney War 2022
    Mechanical Summary: I’d love to see more initiative armors that have effects that specifically care about the turn order. Bonus points for alternate leans, since non-FO ones are practically nonexistent.

Item: Valiant Hero Shield
    Item Location: Twitch stream reward
    Mechanical Summary: Rare light STR drive shield.

Item: Mountain Pass Globe
    Item Location: Frostval 2023 Giftbox
    Mechanical Summary: Multi-element resist with generic potence.

Item: Grinning Jack
    Item Location: Frostval 2021 Giftbox
    Mechanical Summary: (Not charge-based) Imbue on a shield.

Item: 2021 Olympax Medal
    Item Location: Olympax
    Mechanical Summary: Element imbue on a misc, multi-turn imbue.

Item Location: Lost Talon
    Mechanical Summary: Generic potency/damage reduction on a pet, but partially scales with the other mainstats.

Item: Sham's Off-Hand Blunderbuss
    Item Location: Frostval 2018
    Mechanical Summary: Non-armor items that add additional attack hit(s).

Item: Mutter Statue
    Item Location: Devourer Saga - The Beacon
    Mechanical Summary: I'd love to have a weapon that can attack HP, MP and SP - but specifically directly attacking them, not as an additional hit afterwards.

Item: Moonwalker's Grace
    Item Location: Memorial Shop
    Mechanical Summary: SP version (and updated to standards), please :)

Item: Lepre-chan (and guest)
    Item Location: Blarney
    Mechanical Summary: Gold elemental booster pet and guest.

Item: Zardade
    Mechanical Summary: Generic resist misc, but for the other mainstats.

Item: Ectomancer Blade
    Item Location: GGB
    Mechanical Summary: Element imbue that also applies autohit. Would also love to see the damage penalty updated to standards.

Item: Chronocroaker
    Item Location: Rare Monster Hunt
    Mechanical Summary: With the advent of warrior lean, FD armors that have weapon-based skills and/or elelocks.

< Message edited by neswii -- 10/14/2024 9:50:12 >
    Post #: 14
    9/24/2024 9:59:53   
    The Shadowmaster

Item:Celestial Phoenix Feather
    Item Location: The Void-Challenges
    Mechanical Summary: Would be nice to have an ice version for it.

Item:Granddad Greatsword/Lazgorath World Ender
    Item Location: Ultra rare/Z-token Weapon shop
    Mechanical Summary: Same but magic version

Item:Lorekeeper's Oath
    Item Location: Staff's birthday LTS
    Mechanical Summary: Same but earth

< Message edited by The Shadowmaster -- 10/3/2024 11:18:42 >
    Post #: 15
    9/24/2024 13:21:57   
    Rastaban

Item: Helm of Frostval's Past
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gifts
    Mechanical summary: Single stat boost, BTH boost, 50% element resistance, and comes with a once per battle quickcast +12.75 BTH for two turns.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22352747

The once per battle quickcast BTH boost is unique and unfortunately on an item that went permanently rare before the expansion to ten character slots.
    Post #: 16
    9/24/2024 14:56:30   
    Mananite

Item: Algern's (Versatile) Carapace
    Item Location: Travel Map » Sail East » Travel South » Seekrat » 7: Cat-Astrophe
    Mechanical summary: Elelocked Darkness armour (or Darkness armour in the case of versatile) with a life drain skill. Really just want more elelocks, and this is one of the few that aren't premium (and basically serves as a stand-in for elelocked armours)

Item: Archmage Apprentice
    Item Location: Miss Fixit -> Junior Squires!
    Mechanical summary: Water Spellcaster that effectively converts Water MP Spells to SP SPells, along with a separate general defensive buff (mana shield, omni status red, defboost).

Item: Mainstat Drive Shields (EG Fujin no Shukufuku, Chieftain's Ironthorn, Celtic Wheel)
    Item Location: Various
    Mechanical summary: Pays SP to give Mainstat.

Item: Mecha Knight Power Core (and all the token Mark of [God] Miscs from Valencia)
    Item Location: Mecha Knight MC Quest (or Valencia's Z-Token Item Shop)
    Mechanical summary: SP upkeep misc that provides a stat and blocking, along with toggling between resisting two separate elements.

Item: Lost/Mountain Talon's Tower
    Item Location: Lost Talon MC Set
    Mechanical summary: Mono element shield that can pay SP to make them true triple compression, resisting three elements at -26%.

Item: Nickelclad Weapons
    Item Location: Nickelclad Storm Owl (RA Shop)
    Mechanical summary: Pays damage to heal HP/SP on hit, with 0-proc being funneled into either increasing healing or reducing mob healing.

Will add more as items come to mind.

< Message edited by Mananite -- 9/29/2024 14:36:36 >
    Post #: 17
    9/28/2024 12:05:25   
    JhyShy

Weapons

Item: Nickelclad Weapons
    Item Location: Nickelclad Owl
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22412520

Item: Oath of Desire
    Item Location: The Last Ride Part 2
    Mechanical summary: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22399335&mpage=7&key=?

Item: Knightmare Piercer
    Item Location: Frostval 2020
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22407104

Item: Tenebrophage
    Item Location: Lost Talon Part 1
    Mechanical summary: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22347769&mpage=12&key=?

Item: Corrupted Confluence
    Item Location: Season of Consequences: Attraction
    Mechanical summary: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22399335&mpage=3&key=?

Item: Heroic Titan Herald and Breaker
    Item Location: Frostval Community Drive
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22414640

Item: Ashland Piercer
    Item Location: Last Ride
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22409999

Item: Caissa
    Item Location: Checkmate
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22404773

Item: Fright Thorn Bow
    Item Location: Seasons of Consequences
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22403076

Item: Survivor's Rough Rifle
    Item Location: Grenwog
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22402228

Item: Lost Talon Bow
    Item Location: Lost Talon Part 2
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22401074

Item: High Communicant's Judgement
    Item Location: Communicant Set
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22403606

Item: Claw Arm
    Item Location: LTS
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22416396

Shields

Item: Howl of Crest
    Item Location: Last Ride Part 3
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22411203

Item: Nemesis Vindicator
    Item Location: Yulgar's
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22411523

Item: Old Glory
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22415703

Item: Dyana's Omen
    Item Location: Harvest Fest
    Mechanical summary: Does +50 STR

Item: Spring Dryad Defender
    Item Location: Grenwog
    Mechanical summary: https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22264696&mpage=6&key=?

Item: Lost Talon Tower
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22397882

Spells

Item: Goggsplant Parmesan
    Item Location: Burning Solstice
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22365907

Item: Virdir's Judgement
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22373001

Pets

Item: Underwyrmling
    Item Location: Underworld Saga
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22284218

Item: Fae Wanderer
    Item Location: Frostval 2021
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22398875

Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22397883

Item: Jr Archmage
    Item Location: Junior Squires
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22401439

Item: Thunderlord Ravens
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22373002

Item: New Year's Ball
    Item Location: LTS
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22399276

Item: Model 294
    Item Location: Hollow's Garage (MC set)
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22285732

Miscs

Item: Mountain Pass Globe
    Item Location: Frostval GGB
    Mechanical summary: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22413843

< Message edited by JhyShy -- 10/5/2024 1:09:15 >
    Post #: 18
    9/28/2024 12:37:35   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

Further clarified the third rule to explain its purpose and include token donation drive items:

• No clones, even elementally swapped, of Z-Token package bonus items, token donation contest items, or GGBs. We realize a lot of them are really outdated and have mechanics that are vague nowadays, but we may revisit those when there's time. A cloned premium item needs to be premium in the same manner, and this thread is for quest rewards.
  • Post #: 19
    10/4/2024 11:14:32   
    aqfan6416

Item: Nickelclad Stormblade/Stormfall/Stormheart
    Item Location: Rare Monster Hunt - Valentis, the Storm Squire
    Mechanical summary: Mechanical Summary

Item: MADM Arsenal
    Item Location: New Year Season Limited-Time Shop
    Mechanical Summary: offensive/defensive modes, offensive pays 9 MRM to deal +20% damage (+25% if Magic) and defensive deals -15% damage (-20% if Magic) for +12 MRM.

Wouldn't expect the FSB for a clone of MADM (but that would be great). Regardless, the offensive/defensive nature of the weapon is handy
    Post #: 20
    10/8/2024 16:01:13   
    BlitzAegis

Weapon
    Item: Staff of Perplexity
    Item Location: Rise of the Loremasters
    Mechanical summary: Boost player and monster damage based on monster's stat

Item: Pumpkin Spice series
    Item Location: Harvest Festival Limited-Time
    Mechanical summary: Enable celerity on element-based attacks with cooldown

Item: Frostval Spear-it
    Item Location: Limited-Time
    Mechanical summary: Special proc grants player-side celerity against enemy save roll

Item: Battleon Card Deck
    Mechanical summary: MC is 5% chance on doing double damage

Item: Frankenglaive
    Item Location: Frankenspine
    Mechanical summary: Special proc gives damage and Bth boost for X turns

Item: Flame Spirit Hunter Scythe
    Item Location: Robina's Advanced Shop
    Mechanical summary: Special proc inflicts Fragile

Item: King's Hockey Glaive
    Mechanical summary: Special proc inflicts Bleed

Item: Poseidon Edge
    Item Location: Rare Item Hunt
    Mechanical summary: Deal bonus damage with full mp, drain monster's mp if player mp is not full, restore hp if monster's mp is zero

Item: Fireheart Warbow
    Item Location: Harvest 2020 - Waning of Pestilence
    Mechanical summary: Reduced damage output and take increased damage to inflict burn

Item: Famine Rapier
    Item Location: Harvest 2020 - Waning of Pestilence
    Mechanical summary: Weapon skill with burn sp siphon

Item: Harvest Scythe/Sickle
    Item Location: Harvest Festival
    Mechanical summary: Inflict poison per hit

Item: Morningstar Cross
    Item Location: The Morningstar Clan
    Mechanical summary: Weapon skill that deals double damage via increasing hit-count, also has a monster trigger for slight damage boost

Item: Frogzard Sword
    Item Location: Unzardly Terror
    Mechanical summary: Clickable weapon that compresses an armor

Item: Ebil Scythe
    Item Location: Zorbak's Ebil Mistake
    Mechanical summary: Weapon special proc consumes gold for boosted damage

Item: Dacra
    Item Location: Ballyhoo - Legend of the Seeker: Season 2
    Mechanical summary: MP is consumed for boosting weapon attack, special proc has MP regen based on damage dealt

Item: Luck Leecher Clover Cleaver
    Mechanical summary: Special proc inflict Lucky on player and Unlucky on monster

Item: Winged Lightning Bolt
    Item Location: Zzzip and Zzzap - Miss Fixit Returns!
    Mechanical summary: Special proc with different effects depending on player's HP/MP

Item: Nightbane Clawclub/staff
    Item Location: Fate of the Uncreated
    Mechanical summary: Weapon compresses a guest summon

Item: Perfect Pike Pike
    Item Location: Dessert Set
    Mechanical summary: Deal and receive increased damage, uses CHA instead of LUK for stat bonuses and Lucky strikes

Item: Stormlight Glaive
    Item Location: Season of Consequences summer event -> Part 2: Pawn Race
    Mechanical summary: MC toggles Blind and Burn separately or together with increased SP cost

Item: Masanura
    Item Location: Chronocroaker
    Mechanical summary: MC toggles ele vul and ele seek between two elements

Item: Hare Raiser Blade
    Item Location: Grenwog Festival 2021 - Hare Raiser
    Mechanical summary: MC toggles bow attack that inflicts ele vul on player and monster

Item: Bass Guitar
    Item Location: Dessert Set
    Mechanical summary: Special proc grants player ele shield and uses CHA instead of LUK for stat bonuses and Lucky strikes

Shield
    Item: Kindred Shield
    Item Location: The Kindred
    Mechanical summary: QC SP/MP restoration after building X charges

Item: Defender of Frostval Past
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2019
    Mechanical summary: QC once per battle MRM def boost

Item: Terror Totem
    Item Location: Quest for Terror Set
    Mechanical summary: QC fear eater for HP restoration

Item: Asgir Shield
    Item Location: Z-token item shop
    Mechanical summary: Trigger on monster base element to increase player damage

Item: Grinning Jack
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2021
    Mechanical summary: QC imbue with fear infliction

Item: Moglord Shield
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2012
    Mechanical summary: Reduce incoming damage when above %hp threshold, while healing below threshold on block

Item: Mana Crystal Defender
    Item Location: Jr. Squires of Order
    Mechanical summary: Grants player barrier on spellcast

Item: Starfish Stalwart
    Item Location: Ballyhoo - Mermazon Champion
    Mechanical summary: Once per turn QC regeneration

Spell
    Item: Nemesis Aura
    Item Location: Nemesis Mastercraft
    Mechanical summary: QC poison imbue

Item: Frostval Merc's Regen Factor
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Giftbox 2013
    Mechanical summary: Healing spell with regeneration status

Item: Hammerfall
    Item Location: Snugglefest 2023: Love or Thunder?
    Mechanical summary: Efficient spell with LS damage MC

Item: Call/Summon Crystal Petey
    Item Location: Talk Like a Pirate Day 15th Anniversary
    Mechanical summary: Toggle between blind and damage mode

Item: Call/Summon Ghost Ally
    Item Location: Necromancer Robe
    Mechanical summary: Ele-seek with an auto-hit toggle, while compressed from a T3 class armor, I would like to see more auto-hit options for Beastmasters

Item: Call/Summon Silk-Screamer
    Item Location: Void Takeover
    Mechanical summary: Toggle between entangle and choke mode

Item: Summon Night Wisp
    Item Location: Ballyhoo - Legend of the Seeker: Season 2
    Mechanical summary: On trigger, attempt to reduce monster damage and Bth on every turn

Item: Moglin Carolers
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2009
    Mechanical summary: Attempt to inflict Control status on hits connected

Item: Monkakazi Boom
    Item Location: Biobeasts
    Mechanical summary: Attempt to inflict Paralyze status on hits connected

Misc
    Item: Hero Serum
    Item Location: Lt. Lore
    Mechanical summary: Compress wep via misc slot with different element based on character alignment.

Item: Infernal Djinn Lamp
    Item Location: Warlic Magic shop
    Mechanical summary: Compress guest summon that ele seeks, also has a powerful attack based on pet's MP counter

Item: Omnioath
    Mechanical summary: Compress wep via misc slot with MRM toggle

Item: ZettaSnide Transformation Formula
    Item Location: Dr. Jackel and Mr. Snide
    Mechanical summary: Provide positive and negative stats while compressing armor

Item: A Favour Repaid
    Item Location: Frostval 2021 Part 2: Curse of the Rat Queen
    Mechanical summary: Gives elemental resistance + stats for either MP/SP upkeep

Item: Power Shard: Logan's Claws
    Item Location: Revengers Part 2: Superpower Madness!
    Mechanical summary: Grants regeneration status and compress a weapon

Item: Aum Plant
    Item Location: Ballyhoo - Legend of the Seeker
    Mechanical summary: Grants regeneration status

Item: Omega Astramorph
    Item Location: Shearhide attacks
    Mechanical summary: Grants stats and compresses armor that rearrange player's stats

Item: Shield Generator
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Giftbox 2011
    Mechanical summary: Generate powerful or efficient Chi-shield

Item: Azamay Egg
    Item Location: Grenwog Festival 2018 - Double O' Dozen
    Mechanical summary: Spend turn and SP to restore MP. The focus of the clone mechanic would be spending turn + resource to regenerate another resource, ideally SP regeneration

Item: Blood Orb
    Item Location: Mass Mardar
    Mechanical summary: HP cost to boost spell damage and Bth

Item: Bora'jee
    Item Location: Trescol - Ka'Navena's Hunting Party
    Mechanical summary: Compress a healing skill

Item: Booster Pack
    Item Location: Limited-time
    Mechanical summary: Provides a random damage boost to weapons, weapon specials, and spells

Item: Mana Ice
    Item Location: Stretch of the Imagination
    Mechanical summary: Provides a random effect to spells which stays the same throughout the battle

Armor
    Item: IceFall
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2006
    Mechanical summary: Chance of resurrection and absorbing elemental attacks for hp/mp regen. MP toggle that reduces enemy stat on attack

Item: Jack Claw
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2021
    Mechanical summary: Two mode toggle, each with a fear-eater skill

Item: Moglord Tortress
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2012
    Mechanical summary: Toggle between two elemental resistance with a base elemental skill

Item: Wabbit
    Item Location: Grenwog Festival 2013
    Mechanical summary: Changes elemental resistance and lean based on elemental damage received

Item: Golem Summoner Robe
    Item Location: Guardian Shop
    Mechanical summary: FD armor that compresses all 8 elemental guests and gives minor damage boost to pet and guest

Item: Chronomancer
    Mechanical summary: Armor with paralyze spell and another damage spell option if monster is stunned

Item: Nightmare Wyvern Rider
    Item Location: Wyvern Rider War
    Mechanical summary: Armor with poison siphon skill

Item: Fat and Tacky Santa
    Item Location: Frostval Guardian Gift Box 2015
    Mechanical summary: Armor attack inflicts control status while skill inflicts control weakness

Item: Winter Dryad Bark
    Item Location: Harvest Festival 2022 - Bark and Bite
    Mechanical summary: Armor with ele vul skill and passively inflict backlash. Although this armor has backlash, the clone focus is on ele vul skill

Item: Academy Elegance/Exuberance
    Item Location: Back-to-School Raffle
    Mechanical summary: Armor with damage boost skill toggle and once per battle celerity activation on % HP threshold

Pet
    Item: Werepup
    Item Location: Monstermaniacs
    Mechanical summary: Build rage charges that increases damage dealt depending on attack type used

Item: Li'l Drac
    Item Location: Monstermaniacs
    Mechanical summary: Attempt control infliction

Item: Vampoglin Lord
    Item Location: Frostval 2014 - It's a Wonderful Life of Crime: Killing Spree Ending
    Mechanical summary: Toggle between normal attack and SP drain attack

< Message edited by BlitzAegis -- 10/9/2024 5:18:04 >
    Post #: 21
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> =AQ= Item MECHANIC Clone Requests
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition