Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rolith / Captain Rolith

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Rolith / Captain Rolith
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2007 17:45:50   
sandorasbox

Rolith / Captain Rolith

Location: Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2) -> Up, The Lymcrest Labyrinth (Levels 1, 10, 16), Haunted Hedgemaze, Togicide Revenge, Toxic Togvenger, Rolith Is A Bad Man, Oh Hole-y Togicide, Victoria's Secret, Abominations Abound, In-sir-mountable, Rolith's Solution, Bandit Trap, A DragonLord's Birthday!, Lymcrest (Books 1 and 2) -> Click the tog -> Tog -> Talk -> Code Monkey? / Code Monkey Challenges?, CMC - Oct 09, CMC - Dec 09, Princess-napped, Critical Failure!, Codemonkey Challenge April 2010, Codemonkey Challenge July 2010, Rolith's Question, Alina's Answer, CodeMonkey Challenge Dec 2010, CMC-March 2011, Frostvale Defense, Breaking In, Captain Rolith's Revenge, Frostvale (Chapter 6), A Hero Is Thawed, Bachelor Party, Old Friends, Darkness is Coming, The Mage Tower, It Begins...

Quests given
The Black Dragon Box
Bandit Trap
Pac-toginal-tastic
Obsidian Tog

Shops owned
Starlight Weapons

Dialogue
Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2)

Captain Rolith: Welcome to Oaklore Keep, home to the honorable Knights of the Pactagonal Table.

• How to Play
    Captain Rolith: What would you like to know?
    • What is a Dragon Amulet?
      Captain Rolith: A Dragon Amulet is an item of great power. It allows you to use the strongest weapons, most powerful items and enter special areas.
      Captain Rolith: Eventually a Dragon Amulet will unlock special classes, and allow you to raise and control YOUR OWN DRAGON!
      Captain Rolith: There is only one place to get your Dragon Amulet.

• What are Dragon Coins?
      Captain Rolith: These coins will allow you to buy items and in-game extras from special shops to give you an edge in our toughest dungeons!
      Captain Rolith: Cyesro's Superstore is in the town of Falconreach. You will find merchants that will take Dragon Coins all over Lore though.

• Where can I find/upgrade my stats?
      Captain Rolith: As you level up you'll gain more stat points. Choosing the Train Stats option while talking with me will let you use them!
      Captain Rolith: There is also a stat trainer in the town of Falconreach, in the mayor's office.
      Captain Rolith: You can view your stats by clicking on your character's name below the experience bar.

• How do I gain different attacks?
      Captain Rolith: As you level to 18, your base class will get more abilities. Other classes will require quests to level up skills!
      Captain Rolith: You can sell and buy items in shops all over Lore to make and spend gold.

• What is the Book of Lore?
      Captain Rolith: The Book of Lore tells the story of you, the Hero! You can use it to revisit the future and play through all of your adventures at any time.

• Where can I learn more about DragonFable?
      Captain Rolith: If you want to learn more, or just talk to other players, you can join our online forums! (This will open a new tab in your browser)
  • The Priestess' Message
    If player has not reached level 3:
    Captain Rolith: *Grumble* The Knight's keep distracting me with an emergency every time you try to tell me about... a massage was it?
    Hint: Rolith will be more likely to pay attention if you are level 3 or higher. Time to level up!

If player has reached level 3:

Captain Rolith: WHAT!?
    Captain Rolith: You saw the Priestess on your way here? Why did you not tell me sooner!
    Captain Rolith: ... and she isn't going to stop here at the keep? *Panics* The forest is crawling with bandits that are looking for her.
    Captain Rolith: She is in grave danger... you must go after her!
    • It is hero time. Go Save Her! - begins The Black Dragon Box quest.
    • Maybe later...
      Captain Rolith: Listen... I will have you know that this is a VERY IMPORTANT storyline quest.
      Captain Rolith: Sure.... I understand, you want to go explore the keep some more and look at all the funny Knight names.
      Captain Rolith: Except for mine... my name is the only one that is serious.
      Captain Rolith: Serious....
      Captain Rolith: Serious like the storyline quest! So the next time you come back you better go on that quest and save her!
      Captain Rolith: Quests like this one do not just sit around until you eventually feel like doing them.
      Captain Rolith: OK.... they do. BUT that is not the point!
    After you've completed The Black Dragon Box quest:
  • Falconreach
    Captain Rolith: Falconreach is just over the bridge if you follow the past east. Beware of the giant Sea Serpent wich has been attacking the travelers!

• Set Home Town
    Captain Rolith: Would you like to make Oaklore Keep your new hometown?
    • Yes
      Captain Rolith: Oaklore Keep is now your new hometown.

• No
  • Rolith's Quests
    Captain Rolith: Bandits are a big problem around Oaklore, we've got a way to help cut down on their numbers though, if you want to lend a hand.
  • Oaklore Keep Quests
    Captain Rolith: These Knight are at their stations throughout the Keep - all of them have different places to guard, and may need your help!
    • Sea Serpent!
      Captain Rolith: The path to the next town, FalconReach is blocked by a giant sea serpent! None of our Knights have been able to stop it.
      Captain Rolith: One of our knights is posted near the bridge. He knows the way to the Sea Serpent's Lair!

• Sir Loin
      Captain Rolith: Sir Loin is our beefy chef in the mess hall. He said he is having some problems with the garden. Perhaps you could lend a hand.

• Sir Vivor
      Captain Rolith: Can you check on Sir Vivor and Sir Casm? They are probably still talking about The Ruins and working on the catapult.

• Sir Pernatural
      Captain Rolith: Sir Pernatural knows everything about ghosts and goblins. You should ask him to tell you a ghost story.

• Sir Prize
      Captain Rolith: Sir Prize... *sigh* He and Sir Kuss keep trying to out-prank each other. Can you make sure he is not getting himself into any more trouble?

• Sir Junn
      Captain Rolith: Sir Junn is our medic. His infirmary is full of patients. Can you see what is going on?

• Sir Valance
      Captain Rolith: Sir Valence is standing right next to me. He is the Keep's authority on Sneevils!

• Pac-toginal-tastic
      Captain Rolith: Have you ever wondered what a prospective Pactogonal Knight must go through to join our ranks?
  • Talk
    Captain Rolith: I am Rolith, Captain of the Knights of the Patagonal Table here at the Keep.
    Captain Rolith: The Keep stands here to protect all the subjects of good King Alteon.
    Captain Rolith: There are several constant threats to the kingdom and its people. We do our best to keep these threats at bay.
    Captain Rolith: You seem very able. Please, lend a hand to any of the knights that you can.

• Train Stats - opens Stat Trainer window.

• Invites Rolith as a guest (DA Required) - Rolith joins you as Guest A.

• Give 3 "Coal"s Togslayer Armor - unlocks Togslayer class.
  • Wear Armor - equips Togslayer class.
  • Train Armor

The Lymcrest Labyrinth (Level 1)

If you enter the secret room on Level 1:
    Rolith: It's a secret to everyone!

Rolith: Yes! Anyways, this is a special challenge boss! You're very very unlikely to defeat him. He doesn't give any special rewards either!

Rolith: And if you're wearing the right gear, he'll hit like one too. But only if you're wearing the right items.

Rolith: Yup! I suggest you work together on the forums for this one. Fun, huh?

Rolith: Feel free to head back if you don't want to try.

The Lymcrest Labyrinth (Level 10)

If you enter the secret room on Level 10:
    Rolith: Heh, This quest will reset if you exit the game, and you'll have to start over. Check out the forums for help! You'll need it!

If you enter the secret room on Level 10 after completing Greg's challenge:
    Rolith: Here, use mine! Or... At least, a foam copy of mine!

*The Foam Rolith's Hammer is added to your temporary inventory, and equipped*

The Lymcrest Labyrinth (Level 16)

If you enter the secret room on Level 16:
    Rolith: I've gone crazy. How can I be talking to a tog?

Rolith: Yes I have. Don't try and reassure me.

Rolith: Yes!

Rolith: There are 3 togs. One tells only truths. One tells only lies. The third one bites people that ask tricky questions.

Rolith: Hahaha, no. You'll believe anything.... Have you ever tries talking to a tog?

Rolith: No such thing. Anyways, we'll be sacrificing these togs to prevent your horrible death.

Rolith: Good! You'll place each of the togs on the glowing columns, and if you get the combination right, all three togs will die, leaving you alive.

Rolith: However, if you're wrong, the monster will proceed to feast on you, and you'll have to try again.

Rolith: Oh well. That's the deal. Feel free to leave, if you don't care to try. Later rooms will have more goals, and a fewer togs.
    Rolith: Each room you clear will save to a checkpoint if you've unlocked all 5 checkpoints on the Togicide Challenge on floor 11.
    Rolith: Good luck, and see you on the forums! You'll need their help if you want to beat this!
    Rolith: You've got a surprise waiting for you a ways down there.

Haunted Hedgemaze

Rolith: Alac? What are you doing off-screen? This is my thing.

Rolith: *Snirk*
    Rolith: See you on the forums. I don't know the answers this time. You guys MIGHT get an ally with a virtue-educating stick!

Togicide Revenge

Rolith: Sorry, not my fault this time! I have NO idea what's going on.

Rolith: I don't know... the Togs?

Rolith: Very carefully? Anyways, I'm being honest... it wasn't me. I'm working on the next Lymcrest challenge right now.
    Rolith: This is something different. Maybe the togs are coming after you for your rampent togicide?

Rolith: Well, it's not as if they understand these cutscenes... all they see is you hitting them until they stop moving.
    Rolith: Anyway, it's not looking good for you. This place, it is bigger than anything you've faced before now. And there's only one exit!

Rolith: You're starting to get the hang of these aren't you? Anyways, each hub room connects to 15 other hub rooms.
    Rolith: Even one wrong turn will result in finding a dead end and require you to start over. There are togs wandering the halls too, so prepare for a few fights.
    Rolith: Anything you don't understand?

Rolith: Right! Let's go!

Toxic Togvenger

Rolith: Sorry, not my fault this time either! I have NO idea what's going on.

Rolith: I don't know... the Togs? Maybe Alac?

Rolith: Whelp... ... That answers that question... though I'm pretty sure she wasn't to blame for the first part...

Rolith: I'll take care of the jokes if you don't mind.

Rolith: You just snorted! I think that qualifies as a laugh.

Rolith Is A Bad Man

Rolith: *snicker* alright... I'll admit it... This one was me. I thought it was funny!

Rolith: I do what I can. Anyways, this one's a bit more straight forward. Right door takes you forward, wrong one leads to a fight and a reset.
    Rolith: Oh and by the way? It's 50 rooms long.

Rolith: This is the last one of this challenge, I promise!

Oh Hole-y Togicide

Rolith: Oh... so it was you who ratted me out... I should have known!

Rolith: Oh look who's asking questions! You were perfectly fine with ME getting thrown into some mysterious cave never to escape!

Rolith: Ya know... I'm technically writing these quests... I wonder what it is about me that gives you the better lines...

Rolith: Okay, that's it... for that, you're not being let leave until you unlock my cell!

Rolith: What's that? Deux Ex Avalanche?
    Rolith: You and the forums will help me get out of here.

Rolith: I wasn't the one to shut me in here... this quest was supposed to be me selling you guys out before you could.

Rolith: I'm curious where this goes... if they want to play games with my quests, I'll play along.
    Rolith: And so will you.

Rolith: Oh... I've got no idea. There's ten locks on my end... do you see any switches out there?

Rolith: ... Lovely. I guess we're going to have to figure out how to unlock all ten of these locks!
    Rolith: Remember, the forums are your friend! I bet there are some togs guarding the base who might check on us.

Victoria's Secret

Captain Rolith: Welcome back, Ano! And <Character>, how nice to see you after all this time.
    Captain Rolith: Ano, I have to be honest. This last mission, dealing with the bandits... was something of a test. Sir Reptitious followed you the entire time.
    Captain Rolith: Now, I'm not sure why <Character> came with you, but it looks like you didn't mind the company.
    Captain Rolith: Yes, yes. I'm sure you want to tell me all about the details of your mission, Ano, but I have news you'll want to hear.
    Captain Rolith: The King is here, and I've shared Sir Reptitious' report and the details of your last few trips with him. He's eager to meet you.
    Captain Rolith: I believe he and his daughters are about to sit down to a meal. Sir Emony will announce you. Congratulations, you've come a long way.
    Captain Rolith: Oh, and one more thing. After his Highness is done with you, there's the Bandit's loot to go through. I'd say you've earned your share.

Abominations Abound

Rolith: Yeah... Sorry about that.

Rolith: Yup. We still are.

Rolith: Somewhere else.

Rolith: You see, I have been busily working on our next Togicide/Togslayer storyline quest-

Rolith: Shush, Anyways, yeah... I may have accidently... made... something.

Rolith: Something. And you need to kill it.

Rolith: Yup. One 100 headed monster. Whoes heads have to be killed in the right order..
    Rolith: Oh, and the killed heads? Come back as zombies. So they'll fight the rest of the battle too.

Rolith: Yup. I'm feeling generious.

In-sir-mountable

Captain Rolith: Greetings, <Character>! I didn't expect to see you here, I only just decided to send word asking for your aid.
    Captain Rolith: Well, yes. You do have a reputation for being something of a hero. Some of our younger Knights say you can handle anything.
    Captain Rolith: Since I have to stay back and direct our efforts, you would be good for morale directly on the battlefield.
    Captain Rolith: Oh, we know. The bandits are all over. All my Knights are out battling them valiantly.
    Captain Rolith: ... I'm pretty sure these bandits are human. Do you need to lie down?
    Captain Rolith: I see, I see. I'm sure we'd love to help you, but...
    Captain Rolith: But, like I said, we're in the middle of our OWN invasion.
    Captain Rolith: Somehow, someone or something convinced all the separate bandit bands to unite and assault our town and fortress.
    Captain Rolith: I won't order my Knights to abandon their battle in the middle of it, but if some of them are willing to assist you, I'll allow them to join you.
    Captain Rolith: You'll need to ask them yourself, though. I'm in the middle of planning a large-scale retaliation attack.

Rolith's Solution

Captain Rolith: Back already? You move quickly for a <Class>.
    Captain Rolith: I'm sorry, <Character>. I knew you had to ask for yourself, but I did know.
    Captain Rolith: However... I think I have an idea which could help.
    Captain Rolith: Why don't you head back to Popsprocket, and I will send the force once I gather them.

Captain Rolith: Here they come...
    Captain Rolith: Down boy!
    Captain Rolith: Haha, ok here's a treat.
    Captain Rolith: ...
    Captain Rolith: No, that's my hand.
    Captain Rolith: That's still my hand.
    Captain Rolith: Now remember, if you go to the big <Class>, <Character>, on the floating island, he will have tog-treats for you. Lots and lots of tog-treats.
    Captain Rolith: Give this letter to the first person you see, so they know you're there to help.

Captain Rolith: Ok lil' buddy, go find that flying island!

Captain Rolith: They'll know when the togs arrive...
    Captain Rolith: And maybe WE will be able to sleep peacefully for once.

Bandit Trap

Captain Rolith: Here's the plan, <Character>. We've set up a nice little trap. You'll direct the knights to corner the Bandit, and then you'll take them out.
    Captain Rolith: We've set the bait of a treasurechest with some gold in it. You'll add whatever gold you win off the bandits to the pot and try to lure bigger heads.
    Captain Rolith: If the bandits get to the gold chest, though, they'll take as much as they can carry and escape. Whatever's left when you're done is yours.
    Captain Rolith: Let's get started. Good luck!

A DragonLord's Birthday!

Rolith: Cysero makes tasty cake. Go on, it'll be fine. We'll be right behind you!

Lymcrest (Books 1 and 2)

• Code Monkey?
    Rolith: That would be me. Not the Rolith you meet in Oaklore, btw. Rolith, Dragonfable's lead programmer.
    Rolith: If I need to be clearer, this place DOSN'T exist inside the Dragonfable Storyline.
    Rolith: It's a launch pad for Code Monkey Challenges.

• Code Monkey Challenges?
    Rolith: Code Monkey Challenges are fun little side events that are released the fifth thursday of every month there is a fifth thursday.
    Rolith: Long Story.
    Rolith: Anyways, these are quests that are virtually impossible to beat on your own, and will require teamwork.
    Rolith: Teamwork you're going to find on the forums!

CMC - Oct 09

What?!

Rolith: Oh! You don't normally break the fourth wall first! Alright, what do we have to do?

Rolith: Oh, Easy! This is a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
    Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution! What is the other thing?

Rolith: Oh... That...

Rolith: "Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and you should really just relax!"

Rolith:: THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES!

CodeMonkey Day?

Rolith: It's a really really weird forums joke, so don't think about it too much and you'll be better off!

Rolith: Who's celebrating? I'm WORKING! But in all seriousness, I am deeply humbled by the players who enjoy the work I do.
    Rolith: This is more me taking the chance to say thank you to them than any ego trip. Honest!

This Time?

Rolith: Well, Alac has some pie, I want it. You guys are going to find it, I know it's SOMEWHERE in this mountainside!

Rolith: Yup, I think she said it was Keylime.

Rolith: Right, and the entire point of this thing is to get them to do exactly that.

Rolith: Thanks!

CMC - Dec 09

Captain Rolith: Oh! You don't normally break the fourth wall first! Alright, what do we have to do?
    Captain Rolith: Oh, Easy! This is a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
    Captain Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution! What is the other thing?
    Captain Rolith: Oh... That...
    Captain Rolith: "Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and you should really just relax!"
    Captain Rolith: THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES!
    Captain Rolith: It's a really really weird forums joke, so don't think about it too much and you'll be better off!
    Captain Rolith: Who's celebrating? I'm WORKING! But in all seriousness, I am deeply humbled by the players who enjoy the work I do.
    Captain Rolith: This is more me taking the chance to say thank you to them than any ego trip. Honest!
    Captain Rolith: Well, Alac has some pie, I want it. You guys are going to find it, I know it's SOMEWHERE in this mountainside!
    Captain Rolith: Yup, I think she said it was Keylime.
    Captain Rolith: Right, and the entire point of this thing is to get them to do exactly that.
    Captain Rolith: Thanks!

Princess-napped

Captain Rolith: We ride to Alteon.
    Captain Rolith: The King's daughter was kidnapped last knight.
    Captain Rolith: The portal remains traced back to this region.
    Captain Rolith: It was too far decayed to know exactly where, but the princesses are somewhere nearby.

Critical Failure!

Captain Rolith: <Character>! Get me out of here!
    Captain Rolith: Can't sleep, togs will eat me!

Codemonkey Challenge April 2010

What?!

Rolith: Oh! You don't normally break the fourth wall first! Alright, what do we have to do?

Rolith: Oh, Easy! This is a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
    Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution! What is the other thing?

Rolith: "Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and you should really just relax!"

CodeMonkey Day?

Rolith: It's a really really weird forums joke, so don't think about it too much and you'll be better off!

Rolith: Who's celebrating? I'm WORKING! But in all seriousness, I am deeply humbled by the players who enjoy the work I do.
    Rolith: This is more me taking the chance to say thank you to them than any ego trip. Honest!

This Time?

Rolith: The goal's to break the combination lock in the next room.
    Rolith: You'll earn gems by killing the togs in the rooms below.
    Rolith: The combination will attempt to unlock, and tell you how many you got right...

Rolith: Wouldn't be a togicide if I didn't would it?

Rolith: Good luck, cya on the forums!

Codemonkey Challenge July 2010

What?!

CodeMonkey Day?

This Time?
    Rolith: We've got a simple challenge this time!
    Rolith: But remember, simple does not make it easy. It's going to be a challenge that literally can not be solved by yourself.
    Rolith: Good luck, cya on the forums!

After imputing the right word
    Rolith: Wasn't so hard, was it?

Obsidian Tog

Captain Rolith: The Obsidant Tog has been a bane of the forest for a while now
    Captain Rolith: He and his minions are your target today. Taking out the Obsidian Tog is your number one target, but if you're looking for a challenge...
    Captain Rolith: Everyone of the Minions you slay will increase the Obsidian Tog's power, making him harder to defeat.
    Captain Rolith: This is a serious challange not undertakable by everyone, so be careful.

Rolith's Question

Rolith: Hello, friends.
    Rolith: Look at your character.
    Rolith: Now back to me.
    Rolith: Now back at your character.
    Rolith: Now back to me.
    Rolith: Sadly, s/he isn't me.
    Rolith: I'm me. And for you to be me, it'd be weird.
    Rolith: As you know, we base a lot of our characters in game off of the people that help make them happen in real life.
    Rolith: For example,in real life, I am the lead programmer.
    Rolith: And Alina in Falconreach is really one of DF's quest creators and a very talented writer.
    Rolith: Now, look down.
    Rolith: Back up.
    Rolith: Where are you?
    Rolith: You're in a forest, watching me walk.
    Rolith: I'm wrestling a bear.
    Rolith: Look again.
    Rolith: That's not a bear, that's a horse.
    Rolith: So, why share this information today?
    Rolith: Because, not too long ago, Alina and I fell in love in real life.
    Rolith: And now, after more than three years of her being my best friend...
    Rolith: Then my wonderful girlfriend, today is a very special day.
    Rolith: And it just wouldn't be right for us to go through it without you, the players, being involved.
    Rolith: What's in your backpack?
    Rolith: Back at me.
    Rolith: I have it.
    Rolith: It's a box.
    Rolith: A box containing my gratitude to you, the community, and these wonderful games. It is thanks to you that I have Alina in my life at all.
    Rolith: That's not gratitude, that's a ring.
    Rolith: So, now that we're here... I have a very important question for her.
    Rolith: Alina...
    Rolith: ...Will you marry me?

Alina's Answer

Rolith: Are you surprised, my love?

Rolith: Probably a crowd coming to see what you say. EVERYone knows what I'm asking right now!

Rolith: Alina, will you marry me?

Rolith: What the-!

Rolith: ???

Rolith: Calm down, guys! This is a happy day!

Rolith: I know this is rough for you. But can't you be happy for me?

Rolith: Oh, that? I speak Tog!

Rolith: And if you say yes, we'll have YEARS in which to-

Rolith: They're, well... you won't believe this, but... they're jealous!

Rolith: We might play rough together, but I really do love these little guys, and they know that.
    Rolith: They're afraid I won't have any more time for them.

Rolith: "Ralph have a sad."

Rolith: No! You can't take her from me! You don't need to do that!

Rolith: ALINAAAAAAA!

Rolith: <Character>! When did you get here?!

Rolith: Not me! There is more than enough of me to go around!
    Rolith: Besides, can you imagine me playing fetch with Alina?
    Rolith: Or sticking Alina in Lymcrest and sending squads of heroes after her?
    Rolith: Somehow I don't think she'd enjoy that game. Not. At. All.

Rolith: We HAVE to get her back! She still hasn't answered my question!
    Rolith: And there've been bandit raids in the direction the togs ran in! She's not safe!

Rolith: We've come to rescue you!

Rolith: Are you alright? You look like you're alright. How are you alright?
    Rolith: I thought they were going to EAT YOUR FACE!
    Rolith: And I LIKE your face!

Rolith: Awww, come on, guys! You'll make me blush! Captains can't blush! My knights will laugh at me.

Rolith: ALL of them?!

Rolith: Well, I suppose that's fair. We'll make room in the Keep's kennels.

Rolith: You still haven't answered the question yet!

Rolith: Alina... will you marry me?

CodeMonkey Challenge Dec 2010

What?!

Rolith: Oh don't worry, I did all the art for this quest after this screen myself. By hand.

Rolith: Pretty much! It's more or less unforgivably bad art. Oh well. Art was the last of my worries when I made this minigame.
    Rolith: This is still a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
    Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution!

CodeMoenkey Day?

This time?

Rolith: Well this is a minigame I made in 48 hours, art and all. I've made some extremely difficult maps for it. Enjoy.
    Rolith: Remember to use the forums and work together!
    Rolith: Gook luck, cya on the forums!

CMC-March 2011

What?!

Rolith: Yup.

Rolith: And not the Friendly guy that stands around Oaklore and telling you to go fight Sneevils. Yup.
    Rolith: That said, that really doesn't matter...

Rolith: Mwhahahahahahaha.

CodeMoenkey Day?

This time?
    Rolith: The challenge is to figure out the challenge.
    Rolith: ... That's it?
    Rolith: What? If you guys need clues you'll get them on the forums.

Rolith: It's exactly like admitting defeat. Going to ask for them this time?

Rolith: Thought so.

Frostval (Chapter 6)

Frostvale Defense (Act 13)

Rolith: Oh, <Character>. We're very busy here getting the new walls constructed.
    Rolith: Would you go clear out the surrounding area? Nothing should interrupt Frostval this year. I'm going to make sure of it!
    Rolith: These poor moglins have been through enough with the lacking defenses in year's past.

Rolith: Make yourself useful, <Character>. Clear out the monsters.

Rolith: Let's see here...
    Rolith: Unnecessarily large wall? Check. Guard togs? Check.
    Rolith: Moglins locked up securely? Check.

Rolith: Oh, um, nothing.

Rolith: Did you clear the area of any potential dangers?

Rolith: Are you sure? We can't make the mistakes of past years.

Rolith: Togtog!
    Rolith: Togtog, say something!
    Rolith: No! What could have done this?!
    Rolith: !!!

Rolith: Cleared out, huh? This is what puts the frost moglins in danger every year. I can't trust you inside the perimeter, <Character>.

Rolith: Who are you?

Rolith: Chilly?! We don't have much time! Hang on, kid!

Rolith: There.

Rolith: Sorry about the smell, but it'll keep you warm.

Rolith: This is your fault.
    Rolith: You were supposed to clear the woods of any dangers.
    Rolith: Since you've started visiting the frost moglins, and started this whole Frostval celebration, they've been put in danger every year.
    Rolith: Stay out, <Character>!
    Rolith: *sigh* Now... how am I gonna drag this thing back to town...

Rolith: NO.

Breaking In

Rolith: You've taken out the guards and broken the fence... you've compromised the entire town!
    Rolith: How could you, <Character>? I told you to stay out. Now it's time to make you.

Captain Rolith's Revenge

Rolith: ...

Rolith: You're the one putting us all in danger!

Rolith: Now you're insulting me? I had silly hat day and everything...
    Rolith: That's it. Togs! Attack!

Rolith: If you insist on fighting me, we do it my way. If you can solve my little challenge here, then - THEN we shall fight.

Rolith: Never let it be said I can't be fair. I wanted it to be 30 togs, but then... it's cold, and this metal armor isn't very well lined.

Rolith: No! Solve my clever puzzle!

Rolith: You're going to regret this <Character>.
    Rolith: Who knows what horrible furious monster you're going to unleash on us all...

Rolith: Uh oh...

Rolith: It's <Character>'s fault! I was just trying to protect Frostyvale and the moglins!

Rolith: I didn't force them! They wanted to! Didn't you guys?!

Rolith: I had fun....

Rolith: D'awww.. yeah let's go!

Frostvale (Chapter 6)

Rolith: You still owe me a new TogTog, <Character>....

Rolith: Ok, I guess we're even since I did, technically, imprison all the moglins this year....

Rolith: Oh, really...

Rolith: I still need to get Togsmas gifts for the Pactagonal Knights.
    Rolith: Happy Togsmas!

A Hero Is Thawed

Rolith: Are you alright <Character>? It's me, Rolith!

Rolith: <Character>!

Rolith: You seem a little dazed, and I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but we have to move. There's more of them out in the woods. Follow me!

Rolith: Unhand that moglin!

Rolith: Thanks for the help, <Character>. It's good to see you're still up for a fight after all these years.

Rolith: Warlic started working on you after he finally got himself free. Your dragon helped too! If not for them, that ice might have never thawed out.

Rolith: Remember Warlic? And <Dragon>? A lot has happened while you've been frozen. The Kingdom of Greenguard is a different place now.

Rolith: There's no time to explain now. Head up the path to Oaklore and talk with Maya when you get inside. She'll answer all of your questions.

Rolith: Twilly and I have a few more... errands to run. Whatever you do, don't mention magic at the gate!

If you select the 'Doesn't everyone use magic?' option:
      Rolith: Do you have ANY idea what I had to go through just now to get you out of there alive?!
      Rolith: Ugh. I told you not to mention magic. You'll just have to try again once things calm down.

Bachelor Party

Rolith: I wanted... a wrestling match?

Rolith: Alright, you got me there.

Rolith: Thanks but I totally had that.

Rolith: Wait, what are you two doing here? What happened to Artix?

Rolith: ... You let the brides maids in because they said you could wear black, didn't you?

Rolith: If it wasn't you...

Rolith: ...but... but...

Old Friends

Rolith: I heard how friendly you are to the Rose. Are you here as friend or foe, <Character>?

Rolith: I could use a good fight. The Rose here is a bunch of pansies.

Darkness is Coming

Rolith: The Cultists are not our major concern. The Rose is. Have you seen how many of them are coming here?

The Mage Tower

Rolith: -know that you came to cause more trouble!

Rolith: Ha! Who do you think you are fooling-

It Begins...

Rolith: ... why don't we ask...

Rolith: We're doing our job, why don't you-

Other information
  • Rolith is DragonFable's former real-world lead programmer.
  • Togslayer buttons in Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2) will appear after completion of Captain Rolith's Revenge.
  • Rolith previously appeared in the retired quest A Hero Is Thawed; any retired content has been archived on its respective entry.

Appearance in Falconreach (Rare)
    Book 3 Appearance

Also See: Rolith (forum user)

Thanks to
  • Jay for image, Book 3 appearance image, and corrections.
  • Stephen Nix for appearance in Falconreach image, location, additional dialogue, and correction.
  • Voodoo Master for location links, additional dialogue, and corrections.
  • ArchMagus Orodalf for links and additional dialogue.
  • Alac, Ebil Twilly, Krazy_Kakadu, SalvationXI, and Senomi for additional dialogue.
  • Pink_Star for location link.
  • bestonesofar and Highlord Sendai for corrections.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/27/2024 21:30:29 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Rolith / Captain Rolith
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition