Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Haven on the Horizon

 
Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Haven on the Horizon
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/30/2020 20:10:00   
  Jay

Navigator of
DragonFable



Haven on the Horizon


Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Haven on the Horizon -> Quest!,
Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Past Quests -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Haven on the Horizon -> Quest!
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Chains of Command
Release Date: November 27th, 2020

Objective: After the daring rescue at the Border Prison, The Rose seems to have their sights on more of the magical denizens of the swamp and nearby forests. Is the Vind prepared for the oncoming onslaught? Will they be enough to defend those in need?
Objective completed: The Clawkin are safe, for now....

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(5) Energizer
(4) ManaHunter (1)
(3) ManaHunter (2)
(4) Manahuntress

NPCs
???
Bajacu'
Buo'Kia Clawkin
Kara SuLema
Niki
Srazhenie

Rewards
Golden Dravir Helm (I-VII)
Dravir Wings (I-VII)

Access to HotH Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*In Sulen'Eska's meeting area, you and Kara SuLema are having an audience with three Clawkin; Svera and Bardaga are also present.*

???: Then... it is true. Our people are saved?
Kara SuLema: Yes, Bajacu'. Thanks to the brave efforts of <Character> and others of the Vind.
Kara SuLema: Ah yes, <Character>, this is Bajacu'. She is a Cuyo of the Gua'Kia.
Bajacu': So formal, Kara! Hello, <Character>. You may consider me a... leader of the Clawkin that you saved.
Bajacu': Thank you, <Character>, for saving my people.
<Character>: It's nice to meet you, Bajacu'. And I couldn't just stand by and let The Rose do whatever they want.
<Character>: I'm glad I could be of assistance.
Bajacu': But this Rose... Hmmm...
Bajacu': They kidnap and enslave us because of our magic? What has magic done that has offended them so?
Kara SuLema: For many of The Rose, magic has been the source of pain, of suffering, and heartbreak.
Kara SuLema: For their leader, most of all.
Kara SuLema: By suppressing magic, in their minds, they desire to make everything right. Safe, and balanced.
Bajacu': Then they are misguided.
Bajacu': Loss and pain is tragic, but they are a part of the natural order of life.
Bajacu': If they believe magic to be the cause of their woes, then they seek the impossible.
Kara SuLema: Wise words, Cuyo Bajacu'. We of the Vind agree.
Bajacu': If The Rose truly seeks such a ravenous dream, then the Gua'Kia will never be safe.
Kara SuLema: Indeed. As we have seen recently, The Rose will not be content to leave you be.
Kara SuLema: Do you think you could convince the other Clawkin leaders and villages to join ranks with us?
Bajacu': With ease. The Rose threatens us all.
<Character>: Thank you, Bajacu'.
Bajacu': No, thank you, <Character>. With a strong, worthy fighter like yourself, the Clawkin will be lining up to fight at your side!

*A green-haired, burgundy-robed mage approaches, and the Clawkin turn to face her.*

???: Apologies for the interruption. I bring urgent word of Rose troop movements.
Kara SuLema: Ah, Niki, there is no need to apologize.

Kara SuLema: Report.
Niki: Rose units have started making their way in the direction of the Buo'Kia villages.
Bajacu': Then I must be off. The Gua'Kia shall not stand by–
Niki: One moment, Bajacu', there is more.
Niki: Kara, their target may be the Buo'Kia, or they may have found... the Haven.
Kara SuLema: I... see.
Niki: Mritha has reported an unusual gathering of dragons nearby as well. She is keeping a watchful eye on them for now.
Niki: But if The Rose and the dragons have allied, then...
Kara SuLema: This is grave news. We must warn them and begin preparations.
<Character>: I'm sorry, what's going on?
Bajacu': This talk of dragons makes my fur stand on end.
Kara SuLema: Right. I apologize, but we must be brief.
Kara SuLema: <Character>, this is Niki. She is the spy I mentioned to you before, who warned us of the Rose attack on the Gua'Kia.
Kara SuLema: Niki, you've seen <Character>, have you not?
Niki: Indeed. Your actions live up to the stories.
<Character>: It's nice to finally meet you, Niki.
Kara SuLema: Good. Now, the Haven is a hidden fort where a local group of Dravir have lived for quite some time in peace.
Kara SuLema: We've tried making inroads into an alliance with them, but so far most of our efforts have been rebuffed.
Kara SuLema: They do trust our ally, Mritha, however, so she may be our way in.
Kara SuLema: For reasons that would take too long to explain in full at the moment, if dragons were to find them, it would spell disaster for their people.
Kara SuLema: The Buo'Kia Clawkin seem to be in the path of The Rose as well. We cannot- we must not let what happened to the Gua'Kia happen again.
<Character>: Understood.
Kara SuLema: We will head for the Buo'Kia Clawkin first.
Kara SuLema: But... we don't have the forces to escort them all back to Sulen'Eska and defend the Haven as well.
Kara SuLema: We'll somehow have to convince the Dravir to provide sanctuary. There's no other option.
Bajacu': I shall accompany you. You may need me to convince the Buo'Kia to the truth of your words.
Kara SuLema: We've no time to lose. I shall notify Taivas of our plans to begin mobilization of Vind forces toward the Haven.
<Character>: Right. Let's get moving!

*You are in the Betrubung Swamp, searching for the Buo'Kia Clawkin village; fight your way through various Rose Soldiers until you find the village, signified by thatched huts; once there, Bajacu' attempts to rally the Clawkin for relocation.*

Bajacu': Clawkin of Buo'Kia, it is I, Cujo Bajacu'!

Bajacu': Hearken to my words!

*The Clawkin all turn to face Bajacu'.*

Bajacu': An impending doom is coming that threatens to destroy your village and steal away your lives!
Bajacu': You must hurry. Pack what you absolutely need, and come with us, to safety.
Buo'Kia Clawkin: But... Cujo Lehacu' has not yet returned from her parley...
Niki: Lehacu' did what? She really went to parley with The Rose? I warned her–
Buo'Kia Clawkin: She thought that, perhaps our village may be spared if she told them of the Dravir.
Niki: No... no, no... The Rose will not stop with the Haven. Your village is still in danger!
Bajacu': The Gua'Kia suffered greatly at the hands of The Rose. Our village burnt, people enslaved. You must not trust them!
Bajacu': Cujo Lehacu' and her guards have not even returned! Foolish Buo'Kia! Do you not understand?
Buo'Kia Clawkin: As... as you say, Cujo. We will follow.

*The Buo'Kia Clawkin run to pack their belongings.*

Kara SuLema: Well done, Bajacu', Niki. Without your presence, I doubt we could have convinced them otherwise.
<Character>: Where to next? The Haven?
Kara SuLema: Yes.

Kara SuLema: Niki, go on ahead, we will catch up to you when the Buo'Kia are ready to go.
Niki: Understood.
Bajacu': The Rose will be here before long. Oh, stubborn Buo'Kia, pack faster!

*Once packed, the Buo'Kia Clawkin leave with you and Kara SuLema, and all head to the Haven.*

Kara SuLema: Here we are. Niki should be waiting for us just inside.
<Character>: We're here?

<Character>: But... where is it?
Kara SuLema: Observe.

*You stare in shock as Kara seemingly disappears before your eyes; the entrance is but a perspective illusion.*

Kara SuLema: Well, come on, all of you. Hurry on through!
<Character>: Right. Let's go, everyone!

*Inside the Haven, Niki stands before an armored Dravir.*

???: And these are the refugees you spoke of? So many Clawkin...
Niki: You must let us in. The Rose pursues them even now–
???: And you led them to us?
Niki: As I've said, that's the least of your worries! The dragons–
???: And as I've told you. Lady Mritha has yet to return from–
???: I heard you were looking for me, Srazhenie?
Srazhenie: L-Lady Mritha–
???: Let them in. They speak the truth.
Srazhenie: At once, my lady!

*Scene cuts to black.*

  • Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens HotH Loot for DCs shop.

    Other information
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

  • Now... which way to go?
  • Seems like it's getting less swampy. That's good, right?
  • Looks like this is the edge of the swamp. Should be the right way...
  • There's a hidden burrow of some kind under that tree. Made by Clawkin, perhaps?
  • Thatched huts! This must be the Buo'Kia village!
  • This quest is a re-released version of Freedom Fighters with rewritten dialogue, new music, and level 90 rewards; more information can be found in the November 27th, 2020 Design Notes.



    < Message edited by Jay -- 2/28/2021 16:27:42 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Haven on the Horizon
    Jump to:



    Advertisement




    Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts




    Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

    "AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY


    Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition