Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Valen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Valen
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/18/2022 13:59:52   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Valen

Location: AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day One, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Two, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Three, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Four, AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day ???

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day One

Valen: Hello, I'm Valen. Let's have a good semester together, yes? If you ever need help with anything, I'm your guy.

Valen: There's no one else here, sir.
    If you select the 'Stay silent' option:
    Valen: That's enough, everyone! Whatever's going on, arguing isn't going to help. I'm sure we can all work together to keep each other safe.
Valen: Maybe s/he just had a long night. I know I was rather nervous last evening.

Valen: Understood. I look forward to getting to know you better, Maz.
    If you joined 'Wolf':
    Valen: Glad to have you, <Character>.
Valen: So... We obviously can't trust the teachers to get to the bottom of this, right?
    If you select the 'It's up to us to stop the disappearances!' option:
    Valen: You could stand to be more enthusiastic, Vaal. It's not just our safety on the line, it's yours as well.

Valen: I guess Alexander has a point. All we can really do is keep an eye on each other until we get to know one another better.
    Valen: Let us hope that no one else will disappear before class tomorrow.

If you select the 'Remain silent.' option:
    Valen: Alexander, wait! We... we all need to work together!

If you have sufficiently bonded with Valen:
    Valen: Ah! <Character>. I apologize for sneaking up on you like that. I just... I wanted to make sure you were safe.

If you select the 'Thanks Valen.' option:
      Valen: It's no problem. Despite what some of us might think, we all have to look out for each other, don't we? I just hope we can get to the bottom of this.

If you select the 'I don't need your help.' option:
      Valen: Oh. Sorry. I apologize for my presumption. Have a good evening, <Character>.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Two

Valen: Let's see... according to the syllabus, we're supposed to be taught by a... Professor Isiri today.

Valen: Not... Professor Isiri?

Valen: We had class with Dr. Secundus yesterday, actually.

Valen: Another twist to the puzzle.

Valen: Are you okay, <Character>? You look a little... pale.

Valen: About that. Now that everyone's awake and present, we should discuss what we're going to do.

Valen: We also have to try to stop more people from vanishing.

Valen: I... suppose that would be for the best.
    If you joined 'Wolf':
    Valen: You're blinded by your ambition to be taught by Isiri. We don't even know if they're still alive.

Valen: I'm saying that going into this with unrealistic expectations isn't going to help.

Valen: Maybe he was trying to spare our feelings. I'm being realistic, Maz. Don't raise your hopes only for them to be crushed.

Valen: Help me out here, <Character>. Maz needs to lower her expectations or she's just going to get hurt.

If you select the 'Side with Valen' option:
      Valen: We need to stay grounded. If we get to the bottom of this, and there's some way to save the missing people- if they're still alive- nothing will stop us.
      Valen: It's not just about trying to save people. As <Character> said, it's about protecting everyone else, too.

Valen: If we can save them, we will. But we have to focus on stopping whatever... or whoever is behind this first.

If you select the 'Side with Maz' option:
      Valen: And what if you're wrong? What if there's nothing we can do for them? What if all that remains is loss and pain?

Valen: No amount of wishing will bring them back. But I see I was wrong about you. You're as determined as I am to see this through. Both of you. We can do this.

Valen: Good question, <Character>. Information gathering, I'd assume.

Valen: Good idea, Maz. I get the feeling he definitely knows more than he's telling us.
    Valen: In the meantime, let's make sure to keep an eye out for each other. We don't know what's going on, but Isiri can't have been the last of the disappearances.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Three

Valen: Excuse me, Dr. Secundus, does that mean no one else has gone missing since yesterday?

Valen: Is that really all you can tell us, sir? There's nothing else?
    If you joined 'Wolf':
    Valen: Maz, wait, I think-

Valen: I think s/he was already awake...

Valen: Are you okay, <Character>?

Valen: We were worried.

Valen: Besides missing the entire class again, you mean?

Valen: He didn't say anything about it, but he did give us homework.

Valen: We're supposed to learn about each others' stories. It's supposed to help us practice bonding with new allies. Considering you're still... recovering, <Character>, maybe Maz or I should start.

If you select the 'Valen' option:
      Valen: When I was young, my entire family was killed in a fire. My parents. My brother. My sister.

Valen: It's... fine. I've had my time to mourn. But the new King at the time...My parents both served as knights. And when they were killed, I had nowhere else to go.
      Valen: I was young, too young, maybe, but I asked to become a knight, like them. To train and serve, and honor their legacy. To have a place to stay. But I was dismissed and thrown out.

Valen: It would be easy were that the case. It would have been so much easier, to just hate the King.
      Valen: No. I was not permitted to become a knight because on that fateful day, when my home burned, I survived.
      Valen: I made a pact with a spirit of Darkness, and escaped with the scars you see before you.

Valen: The King didn't understand. I swore to use this power to protect the people, to protect the innocent! But I was sent to find my own way. And after years of work and study, I found myself here. In Edelia.
      Valen: I seek to use weaving to protect. To be a savior. To help anyone who needs it! And now that we have a chance to save people from whatever's causing the disappearances, I won't rest until we can find a way to stop it.

Valen: I am. I'll admit, part of me hates the thing. Part of me wants to find a way to be rid of it. To be free from this blessing and curse. Maybe weaving will hold the answer to that. Maybe not. But for the foreseeable future, it is a part of me.

Valen: I get to live. I get to use its power. And the spirit gets to see the world, learn, and grow.

Valen: I don't intend to find out.

Valen: ...I didn't want to talk about it.

Valen: I'm still me. Please, just treat me the same as before.
      Valen: This does not change our goal. Think what you will of me, but I will protect everyone. We will protect everyone.

If you select the 'Maz' option:
      Valen: Do share.

Valen: You're a criminal, then?

Valen: How noble.

Valen: ...
      Valen: ...I apologize, I'm in no place to judge. I'm sure to many, your story would be seen as inspiring.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day Four

Wolf
Valen: That's what I'd like to hope too, <Character>.

Valen: And there I was, thinking I would be able to protect everyone...

Valen: ...And what if we don't want to?

Valen: Not a chance.

Valen: Let's start by going through the school then. There has to be something the teachers missed.

Valen: You want us to waste time looking for a clue in an entire library of history?

Valen: Stop. Stop! We're all stressed and anxious. But we can't be taking it out on each other like this.

Valen: I guess... our only choice is to split up. You've stayed out of this, <Character>. What do you think?
    If you select the 'Hawk' option:
    Valen: I... understand, <Character>. We'll do our best to keep you safe.

If you select the 'Wolf' option:
    Valen: I'm well aware our plan is more dangerous. There is safety in numbers. So thank you, <Character>.
Raven
Valen: As wonderful as it is to see <Character>.... Can you please... turn that thing off, Tek? The beeping is really getting on my nerves.

Valen: Hold on, you don't mean Fae and Alexander disappeared as well, do you?

Valen: Well, what can we do? I don't want to just sit around either, but we have no leads.

Valen: We'd put everything, all our hopes, on that... metal... box?

Valen: I'm sure it is, but what if it malfunctions? Or doesn't work? If we've narrowed down the source of the problem to within the school, we should search for it head on.

Valen: It... doesn't look like we're going to be able to work together.
    If you select the 'Wolf' option:
    Valen: Indeed. With your help, we'll be sure to succeed!

If you select the 'Raven' option:
    Valen: I truly wish you all the best of luck.
If you select the 'Wolf' option in either 'Wolf' or 'Raven' paths:
Valen: Yes. I would imagine it hides somewhere less traveled, and wanders out to do... whatever it is it does to the missing people.

Valen: Good thinking. I seem to recall there being a boarded up hallway in the lower halls...

Valen: Here we are.

Valen: I thought it looked out of place last time I walked by, so I tried knocking on it. Sounded hollow to me. Why don't you give it a try?

Valen: That's... That's not normal. What did you do, <Character>?

Valen: Maz, you were wondering before how something could get through the boards. It seems we have our answer.

Valen: ...At the very least you're connected to it. And we can't just ignore that fact.

Valen: Agreed. We push ahead. We didn't come this far to be scared off by the first weird thing to happen. We came looking for answers, we won't turn back just because the first one makes us uneasy.

AdventureFriends 2: Edelia Day ???

Wolf
Valen: Do you need to take a break? I think I've lost track of time too. How are you doing, <Character>?

Valen: I knew Edelia was old, but how far down does this go?

Valen: Let's keep going. We have to reach the bottom eventually.

Valen: <Character>, come on, get up!

Valen: What happened? You suddenly collapsed. Did you see the glowing eyes again?

Valen: I'll protect you if it comes to it, <Character>.

Valen: It's... It's huge! And empty, except for something glowing in the middle.

Valen: It's too bright to make out any details. I don't see anything or anyone, though. Seems to be safe enough.

Valen: Is that what we're here for, maybe? What do you think, <Character>? Do you feel any connection to it?

Valen: You're volunteering, then, Maz?

Valen: Maz?! Maz! What did you do? Aargh! No time to think! <Character>, come on!

Valen: Where... are we? Are those... Are those the eyes you mentioned, <Character>?

Valen: What should we do now? I guess... you said it spoke to you, <Character>? Maybe we can talk to it.

Valen: Then we need to strike while we have the advantage! Come on, Maz!

Valen: What...?

Valen: Okay. Let's maybe try going back to talking.

Valen: The disappearances! We can't let this continue, whatever the reason!
    If you choose the 'Valen' option:
    Valen: <Character>? Is... is that you? Everything is so... blurry.

Valen: Maz is... ungh... I am...

Valen: I feel like I'm being torn in so many directions... I see... things about you... about me...about this... this world and another...

Valen: I think it has me, <Character>. But your touch... You're keeping me here. Wherever here is.

Valen: I'm in between two gods, <Character>. You and... Sk'aar... Two gods, connected by so many threads...

Valen: No, <Character>... I think... No, I know I can do something here! I don't know what's going to happen to me, after this, <Character>. But...

If you have sufficiently bonded with Valen:
      Valen: It won't end like this. It can't. I won't allow it!

Valen: Hey.

Valen: I guess you could say that. Turns out... This world wasn't meant to last, after all.

Valen: Calm down. I'm here with you. I... I think I made this. For you.

Valen: I can't say I do, either, really. Not entirely. But all that matters is that we're here, together. We did it, <Character>.
      Valen: We protected everyone.

If you have not sufficiently bonded with Valen:
      Valen: If it means protecting you and everyone else... it'll be worth it.

spoiler:

True Form Appearance

spoiler:

Also See: Amadeus, Sepulchure

Thanks to Dove for images.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/27/2022 22:08:51 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Valen
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition