Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Deep Dark, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Deep Dark, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/18/2022 1:24:26   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

The Deep Dark

Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Through the Tangle, Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown
Release Date: June 17th, 2022

Objective: With your allies, you dive deeper into the Tytan, in search of something, anything to put and end to the Hollow scourge spreading across the Depths.
Objective completed: And so the depths are awakened.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(6) Aged Hollow Dragonslayer
(9) Aged Hollow Human (1)
(5) Aged Hollow Human (2)
(7) Aged Hollow Mushroom
(4) Fungal Nodule

NPCs
Captain Lestrad
G. M. Hansa
Galanoth
Kara SuLema
Kord
Mritha
Ostromir
Vseslava

Rewards
Hollow Nodule (I-V)

Access to DD Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*In the caves under Dragesvard, the Alliance, DragonLords and Dragonslayers are planning on how they will take down the fungal Tytan as Vseslava and Hansa uses a Magesterium probe to find a way around it; scene shift to focus on Captain Lestrad and your dragon, where Lestrad is extremely humbled to your dragon.*

Captain Lestrad: ...
<Dragon>: ...
Captain Lestrad: I'm impressed.
Captain Lestrad: You're incredibly powerful for such a young dragon.
<Dragon>: I'm special! And I'm a hero! | *Proud chirp!*
Captain Lestrad: That you are! <Character> is lucky to have you as a partner.
<Dragon>: <Character> is mine! You better not be getting any ideas about stealing her/him! | *Possessive growl.*
Captain Lestrad: You have nothing to fear, little one. I have no intention of interfering with your bond.
Captain Lestrad: I am... Jealous? Frustrated?

*Lestrad pauses before contemplating his life as a DragonLord.*

Captain Lestrad: I have worked so hard to protect the dragons and the DragonLords.
Captain Lestrad: And yet it seems others are always chosen. Always... better.
Captain Lestrad: Am I doing something wrong?
Captain Lestrad: I must be protective. I must be strict. I must do what is best for the DragonLord Order and the dragons.
Captain Lestrad: And yet...

*Scene shift to focus on Mritha, who is ordering the DragonLords.*

Captain Lestrad: How quickly they look to others for guidance.
<Dragon>: Maybe what you think is best isn't always the best! | *Contemplative purr*
Captain Lestrad: You're right, of course.

Captain Lestrad: This is hardly the first time I've been humbled.
Captain Lestrad: The destruction of the encampment, the loss of dragon and human life...
Captain Lestrad: That... slayer. The Speaker. Galanoth had to save me.
Captain Lestrad: All because I refused to heed the warnings.
Captain Lestrad: Because I "knew best".

*A brief pause before your dragon feels hungry.*

<Dragon>: ...I'm hungry. | *Hungry grumbles*
Captain Lestrad: Of course you are! You're a growing young dragon. And quite a good listener.
Captain Lestrad: Let me see if I have anything in my pack for you...

*Scene shift to focus on you and Kord, who wanted to see you for a private conversation.*

Kord: ...
<Character>: Hello, Kord, was it?
Kord: Yeah.
<Character>: You wanted to speak to me?
Kord: ...You've known Galanoth longer than most of us.
<Character>: I... I suppose I have!
Kord: Don't you think he's been acting... differently than usual?
<Character>: What do you mean?
Kord: Ever since he left us and started... speaking for that dragon...
Kord: For a lot of us Dragonslayers, Galanoth gave us purpose and direction.
Kord: Slay dragons. Protect the innocent.
Kord: ...But now we've been "working" with the DragonLords and the dragons.
Kord: And then... Galanoth left us for one. Abandoned us to this fungal fate.
<Character>: That's not true. Galanoth didn't abandon you.
<Character>: He was trying to convince the DragonLords to help. He couldn't have done anything against the fungus alone.
Kord: And yet he expected us to. We've been here giving our lives to save the people of Dragesvard.
Kord: My friends! My brothers and sisters in arms, lost. And Galanoth was nowhere to be found until...
Kord: The DragonLords and their dragons show up and all they manage to do is make things worse.
<Character>: ...
<Character>: You're starting to sound like Captain Lestrad with that kind of talk.
Kord: Maybe he has a point. Maybe we should keep to our own.
<Character>: You're angry. You've lost much.
<Character>: But directing it at Galanoth, the DragonLords, or the dragons won't solve anything.
<Character>: What's responsible is this fungal Tytan. And we're going to find a way to stop it.
Kord: We could do this without the dragons.
<Character>: ...
Vseslava: Everyone! Hansa has made a discovery!

*The Alliance, DragonLords and Dragonslayers immediately regroup to Vseslava and Hansa, who made a discovery on the fungal Tytan.*

G. M. Hansa: With this Magesterium probe, we've mapped out the immediate area and determined the relative thickness of the fungal growth.
G. M. Hansa: There is a large crack in the carapace down toward the east, away from the main stalk.
Mritha: And what are we going to do once we get there? We still don't know how we're going to stop this thing.
Kara SuLema: We must be careful. It appears the Tytan supports the city on its back.
Kara SuLema: The fate of Lore comes first, of course, but if the Tytan were to collapse, the city would be lost beneath the waves.
Galanoth: <Character>. I heard that you and <Dragon> were able to force the Tytan over Swordhaven back through its rift, were you not?
<Character>: <Dragon> was able to speak to it somehow. We fought some sort of... control mechanism that kept it chained.
<Dragon>: We helped it! | *Proud chirp!*
Captain Lestrad: Then... We can have <Dragon> speak to this one!
Ostromir: Hmm. It may not be so simple. The Tytans of the Wastes vary widely in design and temperament.
Ostromir: There is no guarantee that this one will understand <Dragon>. Or would be able to be reasoned with.
Kord: Its minions are certainly unresponsive to words.
Mritha: Then we'll just have to fight and hope for the best.
Mritha: I will tell Odgne to have the other dragons and DragonLords continue the evacuation of the city.
Mritha: If the worst comes to pass, at least we will have minimized the casualties.
Captain Lestrad: ...
Galanoth: It's a plan then. I will beseech The Great One for any guidance they can provide.
Kara SuLema: Yes, that would be wise. We need all the help we can get!
<Character>: Agreed! Let's get in there and find some way to stop this Tytan!

*You fight various Aged Hollow creatures until you find a crack in the Tytan's carapace, where upon entering it, you must find and defeat 4 Hollow Nodules while the darkness obscures much of the screen; after defeating 4 Hollow Nodules, the Tytan's carapace shakes.*

Mritha: Well, we've certainly done something!
Captain Lestrad: I knew this was a bad idea.

*The Tytan's carapace further shakes, signifying that the Tytan is no longer dormant.*

<Character>: Hansa? Ostromir? Any ideas?
Ostromir: I imagine the Tytan is no longer dormant. Well done!
G. M. Hansa: Movement. There's... movement...
G. M. Hansa: By the Avatars, I knew it was massive but just how large is this thing...?
Vseslava: I suggest bracing and finding something to hold on to!

*Back outside, the fungal Tytan, who is supporting the city of Dragesvard on its back, awakes from Tyndur's Depths.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens DD Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • If the player doesn't have Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown, they will lose 5% of their maximum HP each time they enter a new screen or beat a monster encounter.
  • The suspiciously glowing mushroom cap acts as a one-time healing source during the quest. (Message: Do you want to eat this suspiciously glowing mushroom cap?)
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Vseslava: 'We made you that helm for a reason...'
  • Breathing in the spore-dense air irritates your lungs! -5% HP
  • Captain Lestrad: "Magden... How many other dragons and lords have paid the price for my hubris?"
  • Vseslava: "This way, everyone. Watch your step!"
  • Mritha: "No Hollow yet. We did a good job clearing them out."
  • Galanoth: "How far under the city does the Tytan go, exactly?"
  • G.M. Hansa: "We're almost there."
  • Ostromir: "I think I see something ahead...
  • Kara: "A wound in the Tytan's exterior! I sense a great amount of Darkness magic from below."
  • <1-4> Hollow Nodules remaining.
  • G.M. Hansa: "I can sense four spots of power... but the Darkness obscures so much..."
  • Kara: "Here, hold onto my shoulder, Hansa."
  • Galanoth: "The magical darkness obscures much. Thankfully I always carry a torch."
  • Ostromir: "Hey! There is no need to push! Watch where you are stepping!"
  • G.M. Hansa: "Yes! That's one of the nodes ahead!"
  • Vseslava: "This fungus appears to be elemental in nature. Curious that it should grow to such a size."
  • Galanoth: "How many Dragonslayers have fallen? How many people of Dragesvard?"
  • Kord: "Each of these Hollow were based on someone. Someone with a life, with dreams."
  • Ostromir: "By the Shapeless... That the proclamation should allow such a massively destructive force through..."
  • G.M. Hansa: "These nodes contain much Darkness energy... They're important, that's for sure."
  • Mritha: "So many twists and turns. But it's better for us to stick together."
  • Your party is desperately trying to ignore you eating random mushrooms. *Trying* is the keyword.
  • Mritha: "Odgne, I'm not sure how we're all getting out of here, but please be ready for anything."
  • Captain Lestrad: "The dragons outside are maintaining position. Evacuation is proceeding apace."
  • Kord: "What are we even trying to achieve?"
  • Mirtha: "Even with these helmets... The air is so stale and disgusting. I can't wait to get out of here."
  • G.M. Hansa: "Yes, I can sense a nodule up ahead!"
  • Kara: "A conjunction of Darkness and Nature magic. Such insidious power and ferocity..."
  • Kord: "It's getting a bit stuffy. The air is rank with the smell of decay."
  • Captain Lestrad: "Is this how you normally do things? Blindly and directionless?"
  • G.M. Hansa: "A Darkness nodule. How are we even going to find our way out?"

• < Message edited by Jay -- 12/31/2022 0:42:34 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Deep Dark, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition