Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Through the Tangle

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Through the Tangle
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/23/2022 20:56:50   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Through the Tangle

Location: Dragesvard's Shore -> Quests! -> Through the Tangle
Requirements: Completion of The Way Forward, Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown
Release Date: April 23rd, 2022

Objective: All across Greenguard, it's time to take the next step forward.
Objective completed: As you get closer to the center of Dragesvard, what will you uncover?

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(2) Aged Hollow Dragonslayer
(3) Aged Hollow Human (1)
(2) Aged Hollow Human (2)
(3) Aged Hollow Mushroom
(1) New-Growth Hollow Dragon - Boss

NPCs
Captain Lestrad
G. M. Hansa
Galanoth
Kara SuLema
Kord
Mritha
Odgne
Ostromir
Vseslava

Rewards
Lost Frozen Cord (I-V)

Access to TtT Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*In the DragonLords' camp on Dragesvard, the DragonLords and the Dragonslayers are overwhelmed by Hollow monsters as an Ice Dragon breathes fire at them; you and the Alliance are running to help them.*

<Character>: They're getting overwhelmed! Come on, everyone!

*You and the Alliance managed to reach the DragonLords' camp.*

Mritha: Captain Lestrad! What's the plan? Where's Odgne?!
Captain Lestrad: We're retreating! We can't hold the camp!
Galanoth: Retreat where? They're blocking the road out of the city!
Captain Lestrad: We have dragons in the air pulling out the injured. But not enough for the slayers and the Alliance, too!
Ostromir: What about the main stalk? We just cleared the path there!
Captain Lestrad: Deeper into enemy territory?! Are you insane!?
Kord: Well, we certainly can't stay here!

*Odgne enters the camp with a wound on her wing.*

Odgne: Hemlock is seeing the last of the injured and the dragons out. But there's no end to the Hollow! | *Informative growl, anxious grumble*
Captain Lestrad: The DragonLords are safe? Then we'll follow the path of least resistance and regroup when we can.
Mritha: Odgne, your wing...
Odgne: It is nothing. I've flown with worse. | *Reassuring purr.*
Mritha: Right. Captain, Odgne and I will take to the air and keep watch ahead of our retreat.
Captain Lestrad: Do it.
Captain Lestrad: DragonLords, call your dragons for air support, we move, now!

Captain Lestrad: Dragonslayers with me, to the rear!

*Captain Lestrad, Kord and Galanoth are frantically running from the Hollow spikes.*

Kord: Another spike, incoming!
Captain Lestrad: Go! Go, go!

*A Hollow spike appears as Captain Lestrad pushes Kord, wounding Captain Lestrad's arm; Galanoth and Kord witness Captain Lestrad's wound.*

Galanoth: Lestrad, are you okay?

Galanoth: Your arm...

*Captain Lestrad's wounded arm can be seen bleeding.*

Captain Lestrad: I... Thank you, Speaker. It's nothing!
Kord: We have to keep moving!

*Kord uses his arm to help Captain Lestrad, who obliges as he uses his arm to reach Kord's; in the main stalk, the Alliance, the DragonLords and the Dragonslayers regroup.*

<Character>: Looks like there's only one way to go.
Captain Lestrad: What?!
Captain Lestrad: I thought we were regrouping and waiting for evacuation!
Captain Lestrad: Don't tell me you intend to—
Galanoth: You're welcome to hop on Hemlock and fly out on your own if you want... Sir.
Mritha: Or you can wait here for the fungus to find you. We all saw how that turned out, didn't we?
Captain Lestrad: ...
Kara SuLema: Hansa, have you been able to discern anything more in the depths?
G. M. Hansa: There are definitely fungal... structures... of Nature and Darkness.
G. M. Hansa: It's like a massive interconnected web, with so many strands that layer over each other and obscure my vision.
Vseslava: Do not strain yourself, Grand Magus. We will need your abilities below, I am sure.
Captain Lestrad: You don't even know what's down there? How is that any safer than up above?
Kara SuLema: Well, <Character> will be there to handle any trouble that comes up.
Ostromir: <Character>'s a hero, you know! Certified by the Magesterium!
Captain Lestrad: I'm well aware of... most of <Character>'s... accomplishments...
Galanoth: Then you should have no problem placing your trust in her/him.
Kord: What should we do about the dragons? They're not going to fit in that gap.
<Character>: They can stay above ground, and ferry any supplies or reinforcements we might need.
<Character>: Does that work for you and Odgne, Mritha?
Mritha: Certainly.
Captain Lestrad: What exactly is the goal of this endeavor, again?
<Character>: Hansa seems to believe the source of the fungal growth is under the city, and here we've found a way below.
<Character>: We're going to find some way to stop whatever's behind Dragesvard's destruction.
Captain Lestrad: ...Just like that?
<Character>: Just like that.
<Dragon>: We've done the impossible many times before! | *Proud roar!*
<Dragon>: We'll always find a way to save the day! | *Confident growl!*
<Character>: We're heroes, after all.

*Captain Lestrad pauses before he hangs his head as he acknowledges your efforts as a hero.*

Captain Lestrad: ...Lead on, then, hero.

*As the Alliance, the DragonLords, and the Dragonslayers travel under Dragesvard, Galanoth and Kord have a private conversation.*

Kord: Galanoth, wait.
Galanoth: Is something the matter, Kord?
Kord: I... We appreciate that you returned and came to our rescue. We're thankful beyond words for that, Galanoth.
Kord: But after all this... What's next for the Dragonslayers?
Galanoth: I don't understand.
Kord: Are you just going to go back to being some dragon's pet? I understand the want to prevent them from being wiped out, but...
Kord: They're proud. They're strong, and ungrateful. Even the DragonLords wouldn't do anything until you convinced them.
Kord: After all this is done... Will we remain slayers? Or will we merely be subservient protectors?
Galanoth: ...
Galanoth: Let's focus on staying alive through whatever mess this is, first.
Kord: As you command, Galanoth.

*You fight your way through the caves below Dragesvard, battling various Aged Hollow creatures before reaching a New-Growth Hollow Dragon; after defeating it, the cohort discuss what they have seen while your dragon appears to have fun moving around the Hollow Dragon.*

Captain Lestrad: I know this dragon. Magden. Fell defending the encampment above.
Kord: It's all fungus. How can you tell?
Captain Lestrad: The shape of the head, the "teeth". It's some sort of... Hollow copy.
<Character>: Could that be what the fungus does? Makes simulacrums of whatever it defeats and consumes?
Mritha: Oh... that's gross.
Mritha: You don't suppose it's making more of these Hollow dragons elsewhere, do you?
Mritha: If they have the ability to fly...
Ostromir: The Dragonslayers mentioned Hollow villagers acting out lives, in some sort of poor mockery of natural life.
Ostromir: How much exactly is copied?
Ostromir: Perhaps these mimicked lingering processes are merely used to lure in prey...
Kara SuLema: Or maybe the fungus has some intelligence behind it...
<Character>: Vseslava, Hansa, have you been able to figure out what we're dealing with?
Vseslava: I think it would be accurate to say that this fungus is the product, no, body of, some sort of Tytan from the Wastes.
G. M. Hansa: Whatever it is only gets denser below. To use a metaphor, we've gotten through the hair, and we're now at the skin.
G. M. Hansa: We can either try to create our own way inside, or perhaps find a natural orifice.
Mritha: Even with dragon fire, it would take far longer to burn through this surface than even the fungal webbing above Dragesvard.
Mritha: I vote for some good old fashioned exploration!
Galanoth: Well, <Character>? What do you think?
<Character>: Let's take a short break here before moving on.
<Character>: It took the fungus a while to focus its attack on the DragonLord encampment...
<Character>: ...so as long as we don't spend too much time in one place, I think we should be safe.
Captain Lestrad: A logical assessment. DragonLords, set up a perimeter. Let us know if the fungus so much as sprouts a mushroom!

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens TtT Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • If the player doesn't have Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown, they will lose 5% of their maximum HP each time they enter a new screen or beat a monster encounter.
  • One section of the caves contains a potion crate, which grants 5 HP and MP potions to players.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Kord: "That's everyone. I was the last one down. Let's go."
  • Captain Lestrad: 'If you're not using that, can I borrow it? These spores are... *cough cough*'
  • Breathing in the spore-dense air irritates your lungs! -5% HP
  • Kara: "Watch your step! The fungus gets slippery."
  • Kord: "I knew there were caves under the city, but not to this extent. Did the fungus carve it out from the ice?"
  • Galanoth: "Further down we go..."
  • Ostromir: "The path splits. I think I hear rushing water that way. Or we could head deeper into the tangle."
  • Galanoth: "That one seems non-aggressive. But there may be something in that crate we could use."
  • You found a crate full of potions! But you can't carry any more.
  • You found a crate full of potions! Better take some!
  • Mritha: "These Hollow seem different than the ones above ground. They're more resilient. Hmm."
  • Captain Lestrad: "You're a DragonLord, Mritha. Whatever the challenge, we face it with honor and courage."
  • Galanoth: "What abomination has this fungus spawned now? Be ready for battle!"

• Next Up: The Deep Dark

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 12/13/2023 20:04:18 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Through the Tangle
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition