Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fallen Facade

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Fallen Facade
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/21/2023 11:01:44   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Fallen Facade

Location: Swordhaven Castle -> Queen Victoria -> Quests! -> Convergence -> Fallen Facade
Requirements: Completion of The Point of No Return (Part 2)
Release Date: February 20th, 2023

Objective: Circe and Eirn have infiltrated the Rose airship, but can they find a way to sabotage it before it's too late?
Objective completed: Jaania's going to have even more to answer for.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(3) Energizer
(2) ManaHunter
(7) Spellseeker
(3) Spellseeker - Boss

NPCs
Akanthus
Circe
Eirn
G. M. Hansa
Kara SuLema
Manahunter
Ostromir
Outpost Yeden
Rose Captain
Vseslava
Yix

Rewards
Seeker's Lash (I-V)

Access to Facade Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*In the Rose airship docked at the apex of the Ivory Tower, Circe and Eirn—accompanied by Yix—arrive at the storage hold.*

Eirn: ...So...?

*Eirn questions Circe on how they will sabotage the airship from leaving Swordhaven.*

Eirn: What do we do now?
Circe: I got us aboard. I assume this is where you figure out a way to disable this gnomish airship.
Eirn: We're in the storage hold! The worst I can do here is maybe upturn a barrel, or mix up their food supplies.
Eirn: No, no. Deep breaths, Eirn. You've been through worse than this.

*Yix look at one of the power cables.*

Yix: What about that power cable? Some sort of feedback loop could disable the source.
Eirn: ...Or a power drain could slow down the ship.
Eirn: Yes! Hold your spuds, Yix, I have an idea!
Circe: Shh! Keep it down!

*Sometime later, Yix—with the help of Circe and Eirn—is connected with the power cable.*

Eirn: There. How does that feel?
Yix: Ah. Quite refreshing, actually.
Circe: And what exactly does this accomplish?
Eirn: Yix here can trace the flow of energy along the entire ship. Gives us a map of where things are, at the very least.
Yix: Oh my. This is... Hm.
Eirn: What is it?
Yix: Well, I have good news, and bad news.
Yix: The good news is that I've located the main power source.
Yix: The bad news... It's extremely powerful. Probably that Doom device what's-his-face was talking about.
Circe: How do you feel? Any thoughts of murderous intent or destructive ideations?
Yix: No more than usual. For now. However, this does pose an issue. In my limited capacity, I doubt I'd be able to make a dent in the power flow.
Yix: And I don't relish being connected to it for terribly long.
Eirn: Understandable. Just say the word and I'll un-link you.
Manahunter: We're setting off now? I'm on break!
Rose Captain: I just need you to check the stores and make sure we have enough for an extended voyage out of the city.
Rose Captain: Lady Jaania's orders. It'll only take a moment.
Manahunter: Ugh...
Circe: We don't have much time. What's the plan?
Yix: ...Feedback loop would be disastrous like this...
Yix: ...And I don't think there are any sub-nodes... Such rough-shod work wouldn't be acceptable in any of my workshops!
Manahunter: Okay, okay, I'm going!
Yix: Did you know this ship has armaments? Some sort of magic-based artillery system.
Eirn: Can you see if there's a way to slow the ship down? Buy some time. Nothing else matters.
Yix: Nothing else, you say? Perhaps if I can wrest control of the clockwork subsystem...

*Suddenly, a Manahunter—oblivious to Circe, Eirn, and Yix's presence—opens the door to enter the storage hold to check the food there as Circe sneak behind the door.*

Manahunter: I just counted all the potatoes and onions yesterday, but nooooo... Lady Jaania's orders!

*Circe punches the Manahunter from behind, knocking him out.*

Circe: Hurry it up. The others will be wondering what's taking him so long.
Yix: I can redirect the power from the thrusters to the cannons. Can't reroute it all or they might, you know, explode.
Circe: You're going to make the ship stronger. Wonderful.
Yix: Logically, it's the best option. Overpowering the steering or controls could send the airship crashing to the ground...
Yix: With the corresponding destruction. No, this is the only way.
Eirn: Right. Let's get it done, and get off this ship. Being here is starting to give me shivers.
Yix: Already working on it.
Circe: Good. For the escape... Cover might be blown if they're expecting a Manahunter to exit the hold.
Circe: I'll need you to—

*Suddenly, as Circe assess their plans of escape, Akanthus, who have returned from Queen Victoria and her allies' assault on him, forcibly opens the door to enter the storage hold, forcing a confrontation against him.*

Circe: ...
Akanthus: I thought I heard mice scurrying about. And what should I find, but stowaways.
Akanthus: The Queen's spy.
Akanthus: Or perhaps saboteur, now?
Eirn: The potatoes are quality!
Circe: A little busy here.
Akanthus: What is it that you're trying to do here, I wonder?
Circe: ...
Eirn: The potatoes are good to go! We're done!
Akanthus: No words for me? No matter, then.

Akanthus: Regardless—

*As Akanthus reaches for his sword, Circe clicks her artifact to explode, destroying a part of the rear side of the Rose airship in order to escape from Akanthus; now falling mid-air, Eirn—carrying the presumably unconscious Circe in one arm—prepares to use his gauntlet to land them both safely.*

Eirn: By Haeos's gears, this better work...

*Eirn's gauntlet successfully fires up, landing both him and Circe safely at Swordhaven's streets.*

• Kara joins you as Guest A.
  • Hansa joins you as Guest B.

*Meanwhile, in the Greenguard forest, the Alliance—still en route back to Swordhaven—make a stop as Vseslava make contact with Outpost Yeden in hopes of gaining an Ignominious for her and Ostromir.*

Kara SuLema: Ah... How wonderful it is to be back in the forests of Greenguard!
    Kara SuLema: No more spores, no more cold...
    Ostromir: Still a lot of sand everywhere.
    G. M. Hansa: And whose fault is that?
    Ostromir: Surely The Rose has enough people in their employ to sweep the place up?
    G. M. Hansa: Wouldn't have to if a certain Magesterium never opened a rift in the first place.
    Ostromir: Only because—
    <Character>: Enough.
    <Character>: I agree with Kara. It's nice to be on solid ground again.
    <Dragon>: ...I don't ever want to eat another ship's biscuit for as long as I live. | *Hungry grumbles*
    <Character>: How's the progress coming along, Vseslava?
    Vseslava: Just about done. Need to attune to the right frequency... and...

*Vseslava activates her transmitter to Outpost Yeden.*

???: *crackle* —dition are underway. The shortage of fresh Ignominious will need to be— *crackle*
    Vseslava: Golden Hand Division Osiem reporting. This is Vseslava of Golden Hand Division Osiem. Can you hear me, Outpost Yeden?
    Outpost Yeden: Yes, we have your signal, Division Osiem. Good to see the Shapeless has kept you well since your last correspondence.
    Vseslava: And you as well, Outpost Yeden. Has there been an update on our request for Ignominious?
    Outpost Yeden: The request is denied. All resources are currently being routed to Project Casca.
    Ostromir: Casca... Surely they do not mean to—
    Vseslava: I see. And as for our mission? What does the Shapeless will?
    Outpost Yeden: You are to join us as soon as is convenient. Make whatever excuses you must.
    Outpost Yeden: Diplomacy can be repaired later. The survival of the Magesterium—

*Suddenly, an unknown force shoots an arrow to disrupt Vseslava's transmitter to Outpost Yeden; the Alliance is shocked as they prepare to fight off the ambush.*

G. M. Hansa: ...
    G. M. Hansa: Halt! This is Grand Magus Hansa of The Rose! You are firing upon allies!

*Despite Hansa's warning, the hostile force from the Rose shoots a fire arrow at the back side of Hansa's face, only to be saved at the nick of time by Kara's wind magic.*

Kara SuLema: Hansa, what's going on?
    G. M. Hansa: They are... They're Jaania's elite huntresses.

*Jaania's elite huntresses shoots two arrows—one water arrow and one energy arrow—at Hansa, to no avail as it is bounced back by Hansa's magic.*

G. M. Hansa: Though why they are attacking us without warning, I cannot say.
    <Character>: Well, whatever their reason, we can't just let them kill us. We have to fight back.
    G. M. Hansa: ...Final chance! If you will not speak, then we must assume you are foes.

*Jaania's elite huntresses ignore Hansa's final warning as they continue to shoot another arrow at her, only for your dragon to catch it.*

Kara SuLema: There's your answer. A fight it is! Keep the Golden Hand safe!

• Battle! - begins gauntlet.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to Swordhaven Castle.

*After repelling the ambush, the Alliance processes this revelation.*

Kara SuLema: That was The Rose. They shouldn't have been attacking us!
    G. M. Hansa: Obviously not. Something must have happened while we were away.
    Kara SuLema: But... Jaania wouldn't...
    G. M. Hansa: She commands them.
    Kara SuLema: Maybe... Maybe it was General Akanthus again?
    G. M. Hansa: I— no, we will find out.
    <Character>: Whoever is behind this, they'll have to answer to us when we get back to Swordhaven.
    Ostromir: The betrayal! The subterfuge! Reminds me of Volkenraand.
    Vseslava: Ostromir!
    <Character>: Let's get going before they return or send reinforcements.
    Kara SuLema: R-right.

*Back on the Rose airship's storage hold, Yix is stored inside one of boxes of potatoes due to Eirn's quick thinking; scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens Facade Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Kara: 'I have your back! We can do this!' Full heal!
  • Hansa: 'I don't know what comes next but... We're in this together.' Full heal!

• < Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 12/12/2023 14:08:56 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Fallen Facade
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition