Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Point of No Return (Part 2), The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Point of No Return (Part 2), The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2022 18:00:00   
  Jay
Marauderator
🧭

The Point of No Return (Part 2)

Location: Swordhaven Castle -> Queen Victoria -> Quests! -> Convergence -> The Point of No Return (Part 2)
Requirements: Completion of The Point of No Return (Part 1)
Release Date: December 10th, 2022

Objective: As Warlic and Amadeus try to warn Queen Victoria of the impending danger, Jaania takes the next step in her journey to save Lore...
Objective completed: Alteon's got a lot of explaining to do.

Experience rewarded: 0
Gold rewarded: 0

Monsters
None

NPCs
Akanthus
Alteon / Bodyguard
Amadeus
Circe
Eirn
Jaania
Queen Victoria
Warlic

Rewards
None

Dialogue

*In Swordhaven Castle's strategy room, Queen Victoria—accompanied by her bodyguard, Eirn, and Circe—is meeting with Amadeus and Warlic.*

Queen Victoria: So let me get this straight.
Queen Victoria: The Rose— that is, Lady Jaania, has a trithril coated airship, most likely headed for the Fissure.
Queen Victoria: At the behest of Akanthus, on board that ship is an unimaginably powerful device of Doom.
Queen Victoria: A device that has been converted into a potential explosive.
Queen Victoria: And whatever Lady Jaania may have planned, Akanthus is plotting this behind her back.
Amadeus: That is correct.

*Silence follows as Queen Victoria processes this alarming information, and attempts to assess the potential consequences.*

Queen Victoria: ...What would happen if the device were to be dropped into the Fissure?
Warlic: I could not say. It may simply be absorbed. Or it may explode, shatter Lore, and end existence as we know it.
Queen Victoria: Either nothing, or an apocalypse. Wonderful.
Warlic: Or any number of unforeseen possibilities in between. Jaania must be informed of the danger.
Queen Victoria: I agree. She's currently tending to Brittany. We can head straight there.
Queen Victoria: Circe, Eirn, Yix. See if you can find some way to cripple the airship. Stop it from leaving the city.
Eirn: Can't promise anything. And we don't want that, uh, device going off either. So blowing it out of the sky isn't an option.
Circe: As the gnome says, there are risks. I'll do what I can.
Queen Victoria: Thank you.

*A nearby explosion—presumably from Jaania's attempts to cure Brittany in the Ivory Tower—sends a shock wave through the Swordhaven Castle.*

Queen Victoria: What was that?!
Warlic: There was... there was a massive shift in the flow of mana... But from where?
Warlic: ...To where?
Amadeus: I could hazard a guess. We need to move. Now.

*In Brittany's chamber, her soul—presumably cleansed thanks to Jaania's spell—returns to her body; Hesperrhodos disappears after the spell's completion, while Jaania has fallen to her knees from exhaustion.*

Jaania: ...
Jaania: You've been fighting so hard. For so long.
Jaania: Your struggle is over.
Akanthus: I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I cannot allow you to enter while Lady Jaania is occupied.
Queen Victoria: We know you're planning something, Akanthus. You can't lie your way out of this!
Amadeus: I lived. You, on the other hand...
Warlic: Hold on, Amadeus. We shouldn't risk collateral damage unless we have no other options.

*Jaania hears a commotion coming from outside Brittany's chamber; upon recognising Warlic's voice, her expression changes from exhaustion to exasperation.*

Warlic: Let us speak to Jaania, General. I don't want to have to coerce you.
Akanthus: You're welcome to try, mage. I will not stand down.
Jaania: It's fine, Akanthus. I'm done.

*Outside Brittany's chamber, Jaania joins Akanthus to speak with Queen Victoria and her bodyguard, Amadeus, and Warlic.*

Jaania: ...Your Majesty.
Jaania: ...And Spymaster Amadeus. Report.
Amadeus: General Akanthus is plotting to do something with an explosive device saturated in Doom, currently onboard your airship.
Amadeus: I suspect he means to detonate it in the Fissure.
Amadeus: I was coerced into destabilizing the device under the guise of increasing its energy potential.
Amadeus: When I refused, the General attacked me and I was forced to flee.
Amadeus: I found the Blue Mage Warlic, who confirmed my suspicions.
Amadeus: Whatever Akanthus' intent, it does not align with yours.
Jaania: Have you discerned a motive for these alleged actions?
Amadeus: I have not.
Jaania: ...Without a motive, it appears Warlic has twisted your perception of the evidence.
Jaania: We shall take our leave.
Warlic: Jaania, please, listen! Amadeus is telling the truth!
Jaania: Is he? And I'm supposed to trust your word, Warlic?
Warlic: I... I've made mistakes in the past.
Warlic: So many mistakes.
Warlic: But you have to believe us!
Jaania: I have to?
Jaania: You do not control me. You do not get to tell me what I have to do.
Jaania: I know you, Warlic. All I've ever known from you are your mistakes. Your manipulation.
Jaania: Akanthus has blundered, but he has never betrayed me.
Queen Victoria: Lady Jaania, please...
Jaania: I know what I have to do. What I must do.
Queen Victoria: I know you're going after the Fissure.
Queen Victoria: If the device is dropped in, even Warlic doesn't know what will happen!
Jaania: Even if this "device" exists, such an eventuality will never come to pass.
Queen Victoria: Lady Jaania! If you will not heed our warnings, as Queen of Swordhaven, I'm afraid I cannot let you leave.
Queen Victoria: For the good of Lore, The Rose is no longer yours to command.
Jaania: I have all that I need. Your support is no longer required.
Jaania: Come, Akanthus. It is time for us to depart.

*Unwilling to stand idly by any longer, Queen Victoria's bodyguard—a disguised former King Alteon—summons his blade and strikes Akanthus.*

Jaania: Ah.
Jaania: Your Majesty.
Jaania: In case you're wondering, my contract has been fulfilled. Brittany is cured.
Bodyguard: !

*Unaffected by Alteon's magic, Akanthus punches Alteon to the ground; the blow dislodges Alteon's helmet, exposing him to an oblivious Queen Victoria.*

Queen Victoria: Dad?!
Jaania: He was there all along, happy to watch you struggle to find your feet.
Jaania: All in all, My Queen, you're a better ruler than he could have ever hoped to be.

*Despite Alteon's failure, Amadeus also attempts to strike Akanthus with his blade, to no avail.*

Amadeus: Hmph.
Alteon: You will not threaten this realm, Akanthus!

*Alteon joins Amadeus in an offense against Akanthus, who surprisingly manages to defend against both blades with a single arm each.*

Amadeus: A... A little help here, Blue Mage?
Warlic: This... this confirms my suspicions...
Warlic: Jaania, surely you've noticed?
Jaania: Lore takes all types.
Warlic: Lore?!
Warlic: Akanthus is unaffected by magic! By... anything!
Warlic: He's not connected at all!
Warlic: There's nothing Lorian about this!
Jaania: And he has suffered much for it!
Jaania: I will see that suffering to its end.
Jaania: All suffering will end!
Jaania: ...Even yours.
Warlic: Jaania... Please. We're telling the truth. And if we can't stop Akanthus...
Warlic: What hope do you have?
Warlic: Are you truly so naive?
Warlic: Open your eyes to reality!
Jaania: I see more clearly than I ever have.
Jaania: General Akanthus, we're leaving. The airship awaits.
Akanthus: Understood.

*A single dagger bounces off Akanthus' pauldron, thrown by Queen Victoria in a futile attempt to thwart him.*

Akanthus: Shall I...?
Jaania: No. Leave them.
Jaania: I want them to see how wrong they were to doubt me.
Jaania: I want them to enjoy the new world to come.
Akanthus: ...As you command.

*Another assault on Akanthus—a fireball, cast by Warlic while Akanthus' back is turned—again proves fruitless; Jaania glances back at a helpless Warlic.*

Jaania: ...Goodbye, Warlic.

*After Jaania and Akanthus' exit, a visibly drained Amadeus, Warlic, Alteon, and Queen Victoria process their failure.*

Warlic: ...Jaania... If only... so many years ago... If only I weren't so...
Amadeus: ...
Alteon: ...Brittany...
Alteon: Brittany!

*Alteon runs off to check on his daughter, Princess Brittany.*

Queen Victoria: Wait—
Queen Victoria: This whole time...?

*Scene cuts to black.*

• Complete Quest

Next Up: Fallen Facade

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 12/12/2023 14:09:05 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Point of No Return (Part 2), The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition