Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

At Fissure's Edge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> At Fissure's Edge
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2024 14:23:16   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

At Fissure's Edge

Location: Outpost Yeden -> 2 Right -> Up -> Quests! -> At Fissure's Edge
Requirements: Completion of The Flame Within
Release Date: January 19th, 2024

Objective: With The Rose encampment breached, it's up to you to clear the way in pursuit of Jaania and Akanthus.
Objective completed: The descent into the Fissure awaits.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(4) Energizer
(3) ManaHunter
(3) Rose Steamtank
(5) Spellseeker
(1) Ahimsa, (1) Tipu - Boss

NPCs
Ahimsa
Alexander
Alteon
Amadeus
Tipu
Warlic
Zvezdana

Rewards
Petal of Maar (I-V)

Access to AFE Loot for DCs.

Dialogue
  • Alteon joins you as Guest A.
  • Amadeus joins you as Guest B.

*You are in The Rose's encampment, now breached after Warlic and Alexander's attack; you fight your way through The Rose's forces until you reach a gate, where it is guarded by Jaania's bodyguards, Ahimsa and Tipu.*

Tipu: Halt, interlopers. You've caused enough pain and suffering today.
    Tipu: Turn away now, and even with the weight of your sins, you may enjoy the world to come.
    Alteon: Ahimsa, Tipu... You are guests to our lands so—
    Ahimsa: No. These are not your lands. Nor is Greenguard for that matter.
    Ahimsa: Lady Jaania will save all of Lore, regardless of petty political boundaries.
    Amadeus: We don't have time for this.
    <Character>: Amadeus, wait.
    <Character>: Ahimsa, Tipu, how exactly is Jaania going to save Lore?
    Tipu: We don't owe you answers.
    Ahimsa: But— Maybe we can convince them? Perhaps they will see the errors of their ways.
    Tipu: They've had all the opportunity in the world to turn back.

*Tipu nods her armored head to Ahimsa as they reveal Jaania's "good" intentions.*

Tipu: But fine, sister. they may have one final chance.
    Ahimsa: Lady Jaania intends to save Lore by controlling the Mana Core itself.
    Ahimsa: She will control the flow of magic, directing it where it is needed, pulling it from where it is not.
    Ahimsa: In this way, she will protect everything— everyone!
    <Character>: That's insanity. That won't solve the world's problems!
    <Character>: There will still be pain and tragedy and suffering. Just without magic! And what of those whose way of life depends on magic?
    Tipu: Yes. All the other myriad ways the inhabitants of Lore hurt each other will still be there.
    Tipu: Akriloth would have still emerged from Maar during our festival, betrayed by our ancestors, enraged with vengeance.
    Tipu: But without magic, it would have stopped there. We could have stopped him there.
    Tipu: He would not have turned Maar to glass.
    Tipu: As for the others, they will find their way, just as The Rose has.
    <Character>: ...
    Ahimsa: Think about it!
    Ahimsa: Without magic, Caitiff, Sepulchure, and so many other villains would have caused so much less harm!
    <Character>: It's not that simple!
    Tipu: Isn't it?
    <Character>: If magic were simply some kind of weapon, or a tool to be used, then yes, maybe I'd agree with you.
    <Character>: But it isn't!
    <Character>: From the smallest speck of dust to our very souls, magic touches all things, whether we want it to or not.
    <Character>: And if Jaania controls the Mana Core, then she controls it all.
    <Character>: I don't trust her with that kind of power. I wouldn't trust anyone with that.
    Ahimsa: We do. We believe in Jaania.
    Tipu: We will not let you pass.
    Amadeus: They're stalling for time. With every word, Jaania and Akanthus get farther away.
    <Character>: ...You're right, Amadeus.
    <Character>: I'm sorry, Ahimsa, Tipu. But we have to stop them.
    Tipu: So be it.
    Ahimsa: For Maar! For the future of Lore!

• Battle! - begins battle with Ahimsa and Tipu.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to Outpost Yeden.

*Ahimsa and Tipu, now wounded, kneel in defeat, however, they are not willing to give up.*

<Character>: Please, stop! You're badly wounded! Do you really trust Jaania so much that you're willing to die for her ideals?
    Tipu: We were lost for so long after we escaped Maar. Lady Jaania gave us something to hope for again.
    Ahimsa: Of course we are.

*Zvezdana and her Ignominious regroups with you, your dragon, Alteon, and Amadeus; scene pans left to show Vseslava, Ostromir, Alexander, and Warlic also regrouping with you and your allies; the sight of the Magesterium being your ally causes Ahimsa and Tipu's words to become more tense.*

Tipu: I see now. All your pretty words and the truth comes out.
    Tipu: Pawns of the Magesterium.
    Tipu: How the mighty have fallen.
    Ahimsa: Stand strong, sister. We may be beat, but—

*Suddenly, a blue magical beam blasts through Ahimsa and Tipu's heads, killing them; you become surprised.*

<Character>: What—

*You turn around to reveal that Zvezdana was the one who killed Ahimsa and Tipu.*

Zvezdana: It was clear they would not surrender. You heard their words, Hero.
    <Character>: But we could have—
    Zvezdana: Could have what? Spent hours debating philosophy and politics?
    Zvezdana: And what of the rest of The Rose? All those you cut down to get here?
    Zvezdana: There will be time to reflect on the dead after the battle is won.
    <Character>: ...
    Alteon: Come on, <Character>. We have to press on.
    Amadeus: Agreed.

*Warlic and Alexander are at the gate as Warlic thinks how they will get through it.*

Warlic: It's magically protected, but I do think we'll be able to get through. Jaania must be focusing the majority of her power elsewhere.
    Alexander: I'll take care of it.

*Alexander melts through the gate.*

<Dragon>: I could have done that... | *Slightly jealous grumble*

*After Alexander melts the gate, you and your allies find a massive wooden platform known as The Scaffold—The Rose's transportation to descend into the Fissure.*

Warlic: So this is how we descend...
    <Character>: ...Right. Jaania and Akanthus have had enough of a head start.
    <Character>: Let's keep going.

*Scene cuts to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens AFE Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Amadeus: "Our job is to cut a path through the camp. Let's get to it."
  • Alteon: "I knew The Rose drew many to its cause, but to think so many would follow Jaania this far..."
  • Alteon: "There was discontent at the root of all this. Discontent that I failed to see."
  • Amadeus: "Don't let your sentimentality affect your sword arm."
  • Alteon: "You're right, Amadeus. I can't afford to lose focus now."
  • Amadeus: "It's too quiet. Did they really not leave behind a rearguard?"

• < Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/10/2024 23:45:38 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> At Fissure's Edge
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition