Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Flame Within, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Flame Within, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2023 0:25:01   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

The Flame Within

Location: Outpost Yeden -> 2 Right -> Up -> Quests! -> The Flame Within
Requirements: Completion of The Arrival
Release Date: December 15th, 2023

Objective: With allies gathered and plans planned, gather your inner flame, and prepare for battle.
Objective completed: Heroes to save the world.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(3) Altered Root
(1) Energizer
(4) Entangled Gorillaphant
(1) Entangled Seed Spitter
(3) Entangled Tog
(1) Entangled Tuskmonger
(2) ManaHunter
(1) Rose Steamtank, (2) Spellseeker - Boss

NPCs
Akanthus
Alexander
Alteon
Amadeus
Jaania
Ostromir
Vseslava
Warlic
Zvezdana

Rewards
Vial of White Flame

Dialogue
  • Alteon joins you as Guest A.
  • Amadeus joins you as Guest B.

*You sit and converse with your dragon about fighting The Rose in your Lodging on Outpost Yeden.*

<Dragon>: ...
    <Dragon>: Something's bothering you, isn't it? | *Concerned grumble*
    <Character>: I don't like this, <Dragon>.
    <Dragon>: ?
    <Character>: I'm supposed to be the hero, protecting everyone. But fighting The Rose like this feels different.
    <Dragon>: You've had to fight The Rose before, though. How is this any different? | *Confused growl*
    <Character>: ...I don't know.
    <Character>: It's not like we're defending Falconreach from an army of undead, or elementals, or machines...
    <Character>: We're up against the people of Greenguard. People who might have looked up to us. People we might have saved before.
    <Character>: They're people, not monsters. I know they're not monsters.
    <Character>: If it were any other situation, I might be protecting them.
    <Character>: They're fighting for something they believe in so much that they're willing to die for it.
    <Character>: Just like we are.
    <Character>: But Jaania's wrong. Not only that, she's using her supporters as shields in her mad plan.
    <Dragon>: ...
    <Dragon>: What if we convince The Rose to abandon the bad lady? Then we won't have to fight! | *Naive suggestion*
    <Dragon>: They don't have to fight either! She can't do it all on her own! | *Hopeful chirp*
    <Character>: She would still try. And if The Rose followed her this far, I don't think our words will convince them.
    <Dragon>: Then... if you don't want to, maybe we don't have to be heroes just this once? | *Sad, but friendly growl*
    <Dragon>: We could just leave and make a lair somewhere! | *Thoughtful suggestion*

*Despite your dragon's suggestion to leave, you know that it is not an option.*

<Character>: As fun as that sounds, we can't.
    <Character>: No matter what, we can't let Jaania or Akanthus succeed.
    <Character>: As heroes, it's our responsibility to protect Lore. Even if that means making difficult decisions.
    <Dragon>: Well, whatever happens, I'll be with you all the way! | *Heroic roar!*
    <Character>: Thanks, <Dragon>.
    <Character>: Let's go. I'm sure everyone's waiting for us.

*You and your dragon arrive outside Outpost Yeden, where your allies—Zvezdana, Vseslava, Ostromir, Alexander, Warlic, Alteon, Amadeus, and the Magesterium's remnants—await you.*

Zvezdana: There you are, Hero. We were about to send a drone to fetch you.
    <Character>: Sorry. I'm ready, though.
    Zvezdana: That is good. The plan of attack is similar to how we took down the airship.
    Zvezdana: Our drones report that The Rose have been busy constructing a descent into the Fissure.
    Zvezdana: However, we are unable to discern how far they have managed to delve.
    Zvezdana: We cannot waste any more time.
    Zvezdana: Warlic and Alexander will open some paths through their initial defenses, after which...
    Zvezdana: Hero <Character> and the dragon, alongside Amadeus and Alteon, will form a strike team, cutting into the heart of the camp.
    Zvezdana: Warlic and Alexander will follow, along with a contingent of magesters, led by myself.
    Zvezdana: Meanwhile, the golems will assault the remaining walls, splitting the opposing forces.
    Zvezdana: Our goal is to stop Akanthus and Jaania, or barring that, disable their means of descent into the Fissure.
    Zvezdana: Following our success, we will deal with the remaining Rose members, and proceed with Project Casca.
    Zvezdana: Is everyone ready?
    Alteon: I don't think I'll ever be ready to fight my own citizens. But I am as prepared as I can be.
    Ostromir: First we will stop The Rose, then we reclaim Azaveyr!
    Vseslava: Do not get ahead of yourself, Ostromir. There is still a long way to go.
    Warlic: I'd have to agree. Even with my aid, a lot could go wrong.
    Alexander: ...
    Alexander: Once we're done here, I'm going to need a nap.
    Amadeus: Enough talk. We have our objectives.
    <Dragon>: We're going to win! We're going to save the world! | *Determined roar*
    <Character>: Well, said, <Dragon>. I don't think there's anything left to discuss.
    Zvezdana: Good. Any questions can be answered along the way.
    Zvezdana: Magesterium! Proceed!
    Zvezdana: May the Shapeless guide our magicks.

*You fight your way through various monsters until you and your allies approach a wall of the Rose encampment.*

Zvezdana: Whenever you are ready, Warlic, Alexander.

*Warlic briefly pauses as he prepares to destroy the Rose encampment's defenses with Alexander.*

Warlic: Alex?
    Alexander: Let's get this over with.

*Alexander casts a white fireball that expands before throwing it; Warlic sends it through the sky via lightning; the fireball then expands before exploding, causing several white fireballs to drop from the sky to destroy the Rose encampment's defenses.*

Alexander: Show-off.
    Warlic: It was intended to draw attention. And this seemed like the best way to—
    Zvezdana: Ahem.

Zvezdana: Well done.
    Zvezdana: After you, Hero <Character>. The Fissure awaits.

*Meanwhile, Akanthus approaches Jaania to report to her that the Magesterium's assault has begun.*

Akanthus: Lady Jaania. I apologize for the interruption, but it appears the Magesterium have begun an assault on the encampment.

*Hearing Akanthus' report, Jaania turns around to face him.*

Jaania: Then we're out of time for preparation.
    Jaania: Call for Ahimsa and Tipu, and gather whoever is nearby. We will begin our descent immediately.
    Akanthus: Are you sure that is wise? The Scaffold is not finished. Perhaps it would be better to eliminate—
    Jaania: I don't care.
    Jaania: I will not risk unnecessary confrontation. And bring your device with you if you must.
    Akanthus: As you say.
    Jaania: Hesperrhodos, the time has come.

*Hesperrhodos moves its hand closer to Jaania's soulloom hand; scene cuts to black.*

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • A circle of red mushrooms acts as an HP/MP healing source during the quest.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• <Character>: "You look... different from last time we met, Xan."
  • Alexander: "Well spotted."
  • <Character>: "And you seem significantly less... mad, too."
  • Alexander: "And you are better at stating the obvious."
  • <Character>: "I'm sorry! You just seem so different compared to well, all of our past encounters."
  • Alexander: "...Not being in eternal burning pain anymore helps."
  • <Character>: "That's... good. Are you done being a villain, then?"
  • Alexander: "..."
  • Alexander: "I don't think I have the motivation for villainy anymore."
  • Alexander: "But who knows? Maybe I'll find one."
  • <Character>: "So what's motivating you to be here, helping us?"
  • Alexander: "Warlic calls it guilt."
  • Alexander: "But... I think I'm starting to like some things in the world. I can't let Jaania and Akanthus take that away."
  • Amadeus: "Enough talk. Rose ahead."
  • <Character>: "What you've done in the past can't be forgiven, Alexander. But I'm glad you're doing better."
  • <Character>: "The encampment is just ahead. Let's do this, everyone!"

• < Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 1/20/2024 14:23:50 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Flame Within, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition