Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Heroes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Heroes
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/16/2019 10:37:03   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

Heroes

Requirements: Completion of Divine Judgement
Release Date: February 15th, 2019

Objective: It's time to be a Hero(tm)!
Objective completed: That was no bandit. But what could it have been?

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(5) Bandit
(1) Bandit? - Boss

NPCs
Captain Bronimir
Czelut
Domkvet
Jaania
Kara SuLema
King Alteon
Magester(s)
Pozu
Scout Wayfarer
Vesela / Pierogi Seller
Warlic
Z

Rewards
Magesterium Blade (I-IV)

Access to Heroes Loot for DCs.

*In Nieboheim's The Forum, you are having a conversation with a Pierogi seller.*

<Character>: So you're telling me... all I have to do is add hot water and those dried out husks become these fluffy delicious pillows of pasta?
Pierogi Seller: That's right! They were invented in my town, and I always bring as many as I can to sell. They're so popular! Affordable, tasty, and filling too!
<Character>: Incredible! I'll take... hmm... do you accept gold?

*Your conversation with the Pierogi seller is interrupted by two Magesters.*

Magester (1): Please pardon our intrusion, <Character>, Vesela.
Magester (2): You are a registered hero, correct, <Character>?
<Character>: Er, yes! Yes, I signed the piece of parchment and everything!
Magester (1): You are required for a heroic mission.
Vesela: Oh, you didn't tell me you were a hero! I'll be sure to give you a heroic discount when you return!
Vesela: *Wink*
<Character>: I— uh—
Magester (2): A group of bandits has been waylaying travellers and disrupting the flow of goods in the Empire. Innocent lives and livelihoods are at stake.
Magester (1): You will not be alone in this endeavor. On this mission, other heroes will join you, and you will be accompanied by a scout golem.
Vesela: Wow! Thank you, hero, thank you for protecting all of us!
<Character> (thinking): I guess I don't really have much of a choice... and innocent people are in trouble...
<Character> (thinking): A discount on instant pierogies sounds nice too.
<Character> (thinking): I suppose it can't hurt to help out one last time before I head home!
<Character>: Alright! Lead the way! Can't wait to meet the heroes!

*Meanwhile, outside Bunker 8, Jaania and Z are trying to talk with the gnomes about the airship's progress, while Tipu and Ahimsa stand watching.*

Z: Schmoozing up to the gnomes, pah.

*Scene pans above to focus on Jaania's new inquisitorial outfit.*

Jaania: Know your place, Z.
Jaania: You are here only to assess the airship progress.

*Z gives an apology to Jaania.*

Z: Apologies, Lady Jaania.
Jaania: Speaking of progress, I haven't yet had the chance to speak with you. Tell me about your findings.
Z: Findings?
Z: OH! Oh, yes yes yes! The foreign golems and this blue person!
Z: Let me start with the golems, as they are my specialty, however... the two seem to be connected, at least I believe so.
Z: At a first glance, it seemed to me as if the Magesterium golems and the golems on our lands were the same.
Z: But then I extracted the cores... and it dawned on me that their golemancy is on a much, MUCH higher level.
Jaania: How so?
Z: Ah, I have it here somewhere...
Jaania: ... let me just— hmm—
Z: There it is!

*Z shows Jaania a phylactery of the Magesterium's golemancy.*

Z: The golemancy in our lands operates on the principle of animating an inanimate matter through, in most cases, magical means.
Z: The mage creating the golem animates it by giving a part of themselves and imbuing it into the inanimate matter...
Z: ... so that the golem follows only the instructions of its creator.
Z: This "part" is, again, in most cases, just a fraction of the maker's mana.
Z: But the golemancy of this Shapeless Empire, my Lady...
Z: It pains me just to say it, but it's... extremely impressive.
Z: This core, Lady Jaania...
Z: It appears to be some sort of a phylactery.

*Jaania is surprised about Z's discovery.*

Jaania: Phylactery, as in necromancy?
Z: In this case, not at all. These "phylacteries" do indeed contain souls, but they are in no way linked to the creation of a Lich, or an undead...
Z: ... or anything of that like.
Z: With all of my vast academic knowledge... and some wild speculation...
Z: I have deduced that those comatose people that Magesters use to cast spells are filled with mana!
Z: Raw mana! The purest, most condensed mana!
Jaania: I've figured as much already.
Z: Oh, uh, well...
Z: The reason I bring this up is that I believe...
Z: I believe... quite strongly, if I may add, that when these people are imbued with raw mana to become, shall I say, nexuses...
Z: Their souls are... ejected? From their bodies? It is just a theory, but it does hold! Hear me out!
Z: The soul is ejected, Magesters catch it and put it in a phylactery that is later used as, well, somehow, as a power core for the golems!
Z: It all seems quite... ingenious. I must conduct more research. With your permission, of course.

*Jaania ponders Z's theory.*

Jaania: Barbaric, more like. If your theory is true.
Jaania: Yet another reason not to concede to the Magesterium. Such horrific magics are not to be toyed with.
Jaania: Cease experimentation immediately.
Z: But... but...

*Z reluctantly abides to stop his experimentation.*

Z: As you command, Lady Jaania.
Jaania: I'm glad we have an understanding.
???: You sure do talk a lot.

*Jaania and Z turn around as they are greeted by a gnome, who is one of the inhabitants of Bunker 8.*

Jaania: Ah, greetings, sir gnome.
Pozu: I have a name, miss witch. Pozu. Pozu Funfoot.

*Jaania smiles at Pozu.*

Jaania: Greetings, Pozu.

Jaania: We are here to check on the progress of the airship.
Pozu: It's going. Listen, the only reason why we're even taking this job...
Pozu: ... is because of what your Rose provided us to deal with all the refugees from Popsprocket. But it's running out—
Jaania: When... will the airship be ready?
Pozu: Sometime. In the near future. It's coming along.

*Jaania gives an apology for Popsprocket's destruction.*

Jaania: Please, again, accept my deepest apologies for what has happened to Popsprocket.
Jaania: I will personally make sure that the people who were responsible for this are severely punished.
Pozu: You mean your people. Your Rose.
Jaania: Yes, the people from my organization.
Jaania: Please understand that my goal is not to destroy, but to save. I learned about Popsprocket only after the fact... and I was appalled.
Jaania: I was, to be quite frank, furious.
Jaania: The actions of a few insubordinates do not speak of my organization as a whole.
Jaania: I acknowledge what has happened to your people and I bring further amends.
Jaania: Namely, this and all of the other gnomish settlements will be given access to the Rose's supplies and resources.
Jaania: Of course, we will have to set up a small presence to make sure our resources are not being misused...
Jaania: ... but I assure you, such intrusions will be minimal.
Jaania: On top of that, all gnomes are to be allowed freedom of research and experimentation within the Kingdom of Greenguard.
Jaania: It has been brought to my attention that gnomish science is not the same as the destructive magics we seek to control.
Pozu: ...
Pozu: Do you— do you mean it?
Jaania: I do.
Jaania: I cannot turn back time and erase what happened to Popsprocket and all of its denizens, and it will forever weigh down on my soul...
Jaania: ... but at least I can strive to fix these mistakes.

*Pozu contemplates Jaania's apology.*

Pozu: I'm— I'm glad you're saying these things, human. We indeed won't forget what your people did, but perhaps—
Pozu: Perhaps we can move past it if it means building a better future.
Jaania: I couldn't have said it better myself.
Pozu: With the additional resources to be provided, your airship should be ready... hmm... pretty soon.
Pozu: If you'd like to view the progress for yourself, please, follow me.
Jaania: I am glad to hear it! Thank you.
Z: Excuse me...
Jaania: What is it, Z?
Z: I've happened to notice these... intriguing contraptions.

*Z looks at a gnomish steamtank outside Bunker 8.*

Z: Would you say... you could make more of those?
Pozu: How much are you willing to pay?

*Elsewhere, hiding behind a rock, Eirn and Yix can be seen watching Jaania's alliance with the gnomes; back in Azaveyr, you meet up with Captain Bronimir, Domkvet, and Czelut, while a Magi Scout is close by.*

Captain Bronimir: According to Wayfarer, the ruined caravan of their latest attack is on the road just up ahead, and it seems like we're in luck!
Captain Bronimir: They're still mid-pillaging, so you have the element of surprise.
Scout Wayfarer: *fweebeep!*
Captain Bronimir: Thank you, Wayfarer.
Captain Bronimir: <Character>, I have been informed that you are adept at handling solo missions.
Captain Bronimir: Flank around from behind as Domkvet, Czelut, and I charge in the front.
Domkvet: Sure thin-n-n-ng, Captain!,Czelut: Aye aye, Captain.
Captain Bronimir: Any questions, <Character>?
<Character>: Err, what is Wayfarer going to do?
Captain Bronimir: Why, Wayfarer is going to follow behind...
Captain Bronimir: ... and broadcast our glory back to the public of Nieboheim, of course!
Captain Bronimir: Fear not, <Character>. I know you're still a rookie, but you'll have your share of adoring fans soon enough!
<Character>: That's definitely... different from what I'm used to...
Captain Bronimir: With the Shapeless guiding us, these bandits won't know what hit them. Onwards, heroes!

*You fight various bandits through the Azaveyran forest until you and the other heroes surround a lone bandit on the ruined caravan as the Scout Wayfarer watches them.*

Captain Bronimir: <Character>! Glad to see you've arrived in time for the finale!
<Character>: Stand down, bandit! We have you surrounded! Surrender!

*The lone bandit does not respond back before turn around and glaring meancingly at you.*

<Character>: Uuuuuh...

*The lone bandit grabs the Scout Wayfarer before destroying it; the citizens in Nieboheim gasps as they lose their broadcast.*

Captain Bronimir: Wayfarer!
Captain Bronimir: You hooligan, that is Magesterium property! Surrender your arms and we may yet show mercy!

*The bandit looks at its surroundings before transforming itself as a robot-like creature.*

Captain Bronimir: Shapeless... Shapeless take us, what forgotten soul could have created this?
Captain Bronimir: I know not what sort of fiend you are, but you will not pass the Heroes of Niebohe—

*The bandit pushes Captain Bronimir.*

Domkvet, Czelut (in unison): Captain!
<Character>: Oh, you're not going to enjoy this, whatever you are!

• Battle! - begins battle with Bandit?.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to First Halo.

*After defeating the Bandit?, you ask Czelut and Domkvet if Captain Bronimir is alright.*

<Character>: There, dispatched. Czelut, Domkvet, is the captain okay?

*Czelut and Domkvet can be seen carrying Captain Bronimir.*

Captain Bronimir: You... you did it, rookie. It's... ugh— too bad Wayfarer wasn't there... to catch your moment of glory...
    Domkvet: Hush, captain-n-n. We'll stabilize you an-nd get you back to N-N-Nieboheim. You'll be fine.
    Captain Bronimir: I know... But... as captain, I must... give praise where... it is due...

*Captain Bronimir gives you a thumbs up before passing out.*

Czelut: Let's get back to Nieboheim. And don't forget poor Wayfarer!
    Domkvet: What even-n-n was that horror? Even-n Captain-n-n Bronimir had n-never seen an-n-nything like it!
    Czelut: Something from... overseas perhaps? Or a forbidden magick experiment gone rogue?
    <Character>: I've never seen anything like that from where I'm from either... Hmm...
    Domkvet: We'll have to in-n-nform the Magesters of the remain-n-ns. They'll kn-n-now what to make of it, I'm sure.
    <Character>: Right...

*Meanwhile, in Sulen'Eska, King Alteon looks at its surroundings before being checked by Kara.*

Kara SuLema: Your Majesty?
    King Alteon: Alden.
    Kara SuLema: A—Alden...
    Kara SuLema: How are you faring?
    King Alteon: ...
    King Alteon: I've spoken with everyone here. I've listened to their stories.
    King Alteon: And I am ashamed.
    King Alteon: I've allowed myself to be misled. I've grown complacent.
    King Alteon: I didn't realize what was truly going on in my kingdom... the kingdom that I fought for and that I reclaimed.
    King Alteon: The kingdom that I liberated.
    King Alteon: I've allowed myself to be manipulated by Jaania.
    Kara SuLema: Your Ma— Alden, I don't believe that she manipulated you, she's just—
    King Alteon: Oh, no, she did. I've pieced it together.

*Kara listens how Jaania manipulated King Alteon.*

King Alteon: The mirror.
    King Alteon: You see, my wife, my queen, died because of... because of magic, you could say.
    King Alteon: I have never held it against "magic", not really. The one who killed her was to blame, not magic.
    King Alteon: But Jaania... sh—she showed me. She showed me what could have been.
    King Alteon: She showed me my life through a mirror.
    King Alteon: She showed me my Lynaria...
    King Alteon: I really don't know what I was thinking, back then, I honestly don't.
    King Alteon: She was just... so... convincing.
    Kara SuLema: She is.
    King Alteon: I let her organization grow. I supported it from the cozy confines of my castle, not knowing what was really going on.
    King Alteon: How could I?! I was apparently fed misinformation, and I ate it all with gusto. I never doubted.
    King Alteon: I... am to blame for all of this.

*Kara ponders this information.*

Kara SuLema: As is she.
    Kara SuLema: It is as I've told you before. While I really do believe that what she is doing— what her organization is doing, is wrong... very wrong...
    Kara SuLema: ... she is not a bad person, Alden. Just... broken.
    Kara SuLema: She needs help. She needs to open her eyes to the suffering she has caused as a result of her obsession.
    Kara SuLema: As a result of her own trauma, she believes that magic can only lead to destruction. And that only she can stop it. That only she can save the world.
    Kara SuLema: But you've seen it now. You've heard our stories. You've felt the consequences of her actions.
    Kara SuLema: This is not salvation.

*King Alteon contemplates Kara's words.*

King Alteon: I will stay here for the time being, until I'm fully recovered. I trust my girls to take care of the kingdom in my absence.
    King Alteon: Meanwhile...

*King Alteon summons a gold draconic sword that is imbued with lightning before wielding it; Kara becomes surprised upon seeing this revelation.*

King Alteon: Ooof, I haven't done that in a while...
    King Alteon: What was I saying?

King Alteon: Ah, yes. Meanwhile, I'd like you to arrange for someone to spar with me.
    Kara SuLema: My King! I... I didn't know you could...
    King Alteon: One does not stop being a DragonLord, even after their dragon dies...
    King Alteon: I've been complacent for far too long.
    King Alteon: This old dog has to get back in shape—
    King Alteon: —Before I have my talk with Jaania.

*Meanwhile, at the apex of Warlic's Tower, Alexander stands alone, looking at one of the windows; Warlic solemnly looks at him.*

Warlic: Alex, do you... do you need anything?

*Alexander does not respond back as he feels the pain from Jaania's rejection; scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Quest Loot - opens Heroes Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • Completion of this quest will lower the price of Instant Pierogi from 250 Gold to 150 Gold.
  • Guests and pet dragon are removed upon beginning this quest and prevented from being summoned as of January 29th, 2021.
  • This quest was updated with various typo fixes on July 28, 2023.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 8/2/2023 14:28:33 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Heroes
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition