Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Petal Falls, A

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Petal Falls, A
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/19/2019 1:28:45   
  Jay
Marauderator
🧭

A Petal Falls

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> A Petal Falls,
Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> New Quests -> Visit Kara -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> A Petal Falls
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Khvorost
Release Date: May 17th, 2019

Objective: Welcome back to the Land of Dragons.
Objective completed: Conflict stirs as the Magesterium's plan takes effect. But how is Atrea faring against the onslaught? Will you be able to arrive in time to help?

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(2) Ice Elemental
(4) Ice Wisp
(4) Snowball

NPCs
???
Akanthus
Bardaga
Haqikah
Jaania
Kamilah
Kara SuLema
King Alteon
Magus Hansa
Masub
Melissa
Mritha
Nailah
Niki
Oni
Svera
Yasimi

Rewards
Frozen Breath Dagger (I-VI)
Frozen Breath Mace (I-VI)
Frozen Breath Staff (I-VI)

Access to APF Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*After successfully voyaging from Azaveyr back to the Land of Dragons, you return to Sulen'Eska to report your findings to Kara, King Alteon, and the other resistance members.*

<Character>: ... so, Khvorost left for Ravenloss, and Captain Mazurek says her ship is ready should we ever need it.
<Character>: What do we do now?

*A moment of silence follows as everyone processes this new information.*

Kara SuLema: Your news about the Magesterium disturbs me, <Character>.
<Character>: They treated me well enough, until I tried to leave. They said they didn't want to kill me.
<Character>: Just delay me until my information was too late to be of any use.
Kara SuLema: This must mean their plans may involve hostility towards us, as well as the Rose, and also that it could be stopped, should you inform us of it.
Kara SuLema: Mritha, send out the scouts. Whatever the Magesterium is doing, it's likely going to be big.
Kara SuLema: We'll need eyes everywhere if we want to respond in time to whatever the Magesterium is planning.
Mritha: Yes, ma'am.
Kara SuLema: Now, I hate to bring this up, but if whatever happens is part of the Magesterium's plan to deal with the Rose, maybe we shouldn't—
Bardaga: Lady Kara!
Kara SuLema: The dragonriders surely haven't returned so soon?
Bardaga: No, lady Kara! News from Atrea in the Sandsea! They're under attack!
Kara SuLema: Is is the Rose again? Has their siege broken through?
Bardaga: Not the Rose! The ateala are requesting aid, but we've also received a missive from one "Magus Hansa" of the Rose.
Niki: ..., <Character>: !, Svera: Surely not!, Melissa: What?
Kara SuLema: Well, what is it?
Bardaga: Some sort of portal has appeared in the Sandsea. Elementals and strange creatures have emerged and threaten Atrea.
Bardaga: According to the reports from the ateala, the lands and climate nearest the portal are starting to change, becoming colder and chaotic...
Bardaga: ... and the affected area appears to be growing.
Bardaga: From the Rose, we have reports that elementals and creatures not normally seen in the Sandsea are wreaking havoc across the land.
Bardaga: Every day, the forces from the portal spread farther, and the town of Duat and surrounding areas cannot withstand such an attack

*Again, a moment of silence follows as everyone processes this new information.*

Kara SuLema: And what of the Rose? Why would a Magus of the Rose come to us for aid?
Kara SuLema: Are they unable to protect their own?
Bardaga: We have no knowledge of their plans.
Kara SuLema: I see.

Kara SuLema: Then this could very well be a trap.
<Character>: Or it could be the effects of the Magesterium's plan.
Kara SuLema: Alden, what do you advise in this situation?
King Alteon: The atealans are guests in these lands. I would wish to defend them.
King Alteon: The people of the Sandsea fall under my rule, and I would also wish that no harm befalls the innocents that live there, Rose or not.
King Alteon: If this is a trap, then it is a poorly thought out one, as it threatens the safety of their people, and allows the resistance to be viewed as saviors.
King Alteon: It is very likely that, as <Character> says, this is the effect of the Magesterium's magic.
King Alteon: If that is the case, however, then it is difficult to see this as anything but an attack on the Kingdom of Greenguard.
Kara SuLema: I understand.
Kara SuLema: We cannot afford to rush headlong into an unknown situation, however.
<Character>: If I may, I've dealt with Magus Hansa before, protecting Duat from the return of Sek'Duat.
<Character>: If the resistance travels to Atrea to aid in their defense, I should be able to help defend Duat until we can figure out what is going on.
Kara SuLema: That sounds like the safest plan.
Kara SuLema: Alden, what will you do? You may remain here as long as you wish, but...
King Alteon: I cannot go with you. For me, decisions such as these cannot be followed through so easily.
King Alteon: I wish not to see the atealans harmed, nor do I wish to see the populace of the Sandsea suffer.
King Alteon: But if I were to show myself at the head of a magical army, there would be misunderstandings.
King Alteon: As much as I wish to play the hero, the safety of the people does still rely, at least partially, on politics.
King Alteon: The Rose and the Knights of Swordhaven are likely also looking for me. If I am to travel, it will be more likely that I am found by them.
King Alteon: It would be best if I stay here and recover, and train. I will wait for the moment to be right for my return.
King Alteon: I trust my daughter will rule well in my absence.

King Alteon: Perhaps...

*King Alteon trails off, realising he has drifted from the topic at hand.*

King Alteon: Excuse my rambling! I'm sure you've all got better things to do right now?
Kara SuLema: Very well. <Character>, go ahead and meet with this Magus Hansa. We must prepare to journey to Atrea.

*You head to Duat, where Magus Hansa is waiting for anybody who her missive may have reached.*

Magus Hansa: <Character>!
Magus Hansa: When I sent the request for aid to the rebels, I didn't think you'd be the one to show up!
<Character>: Is that a problem?
Magus Hansa: A problem? Goodness, no. To be honest, I didn't expect anything from the request. Even the Rose chain of command hasn't been any help.
<Character>: Did something happen? To the Rose, I mean.
Magus Hansa: Well, you see, that's a bit of a conundrum.
Magus Hansa: After King Alteon disappeared, tensions in Swordhaven between the Rose and Queen Victoria have been high.
Magus Hansa: That is to say, our requests for support have been denied by Lady Jaania.
<Character>: But surely this is an emergency? Even the atealans are seeking aid—
Magus Hansa: You're telling me. The first wave of elementals that came out of the portal get closer every day.
Magus Hansa: Our forces assaulting the city of Atrea were forced to retreat.
Magus Hansa: At this point, the only thing I think we can do is to evac—

*A huge crash that shakes the entire town of Duat interrupts Magus Hansa.*

???: Jaania of the Rose continues her interference where it is not welcome.
???: Your sacrifice shall serve as her warning.
???: It is because of the Rose that you must suffer today.

*With that last ominous message, a large shard of ice came plummeting down from above, landing just ahead of you and Magus Hansa.*

<Character>: That voice!
<Character>: The Magesterium!

*Another, larger shard of ice falls just behind you this time.*

Yasimi: Magus Hansa! Ma'am! The elementals have arrived!
Magus Hansa: It seems I've delayed too long. Quickly, <Character>, we must evacuate whoever we can!
<Character>: Right away!

*You fight your way through various elementals of ice as you save 5 citizens of Duat, who interact with you briefly.*

Masub: Oh, thank you, thank you, <Character>! You're the best!

Oni: Where are the Avatars? Help us, please!

Kamilah: I... can't leave. I won't. I... I have to, don't I?

Haqikah: This is why we need the Rose! The forces of magic must be stopped!

Nailah: I'm done with this! The next Rose member I see is going to get a taste of my mind.

*After saving 5 citizens of Duat, you flee the town with Magus Hansa and the other Rose members who have saved the rest of the people of Duat. The portal can be seen in the distance; a storm swirling above.*

Magus Hansa: Thank you, <Character>. Without your help, we would not have been able to evacuate in time.
<Character>: ...
Magus Hansa: I... We intend to travel to Swordhaven, and seek refuge there. And I intend to confront Jaania.
Magus Hansa: First she refuses to send aid, and now the Rose is being branded as the cause of this?
Magus Hansa: I...
Magus Hansa: I am not pleased.
Magus Hansa: I will get to the bottom of this.

Magus Hansa: Thank you for your aid, <Character>.
<Character>: I'm afraid I cannot join you. I must head to Atrea. The ateala too are in peril.
<Character>: Safe travels, Hansa.
Magus Hansa: To you as well.
<Character>: Hmm. Whatever the Magesterium is up to, it's no longer just between them and Jaania.
<Character>: They're threatening the lives of innocents just to get their point across.
<Character>: This cannot stand.

*Scene dramatically cuts to black. Meanwhile, in Swordhaven, Akanthus stands before Jaania at her desk.*

Akanthus: Are you sure it is wise to ignore the Magesterium threat, Lady Jaania? Is it not a declaration of war?
Jaania: That is for... the Queen to decide.
Jaania: If— no, when we succeed, then the effects of their magic will cease. With or without her majesty's interference.
Jaania: This merely means we must hasten our project in order to minimize the harm done.
Jaania: It pains me deeply, but our forces cannot be spread out to the far reaches of the kingdom.

*Akanthus does not offer any words of agreeance.*

Akanthus: As you say.

*Jaania contemplates Akanthus' passive response.*

Jaania: Akanthus, do you disagree?
Akanthus: No, but the people may. Even now, Magus Hansa leads the refugees from the Sandsea here, to Swordhaven.
Jaania: And I expect Queen Victoria will be most generous and accommodating.
Jaania: The loss of Duat is unfortunate, but we will rebuild later, after we sort everything out.
Jaania: However, I do have a mission for you, Akanthus.
Akanthus: What do you require, Lady Jaania?
Jaania: You may take the initiative for a counter operation against the Magesterium.
Jaania: Whatever funds you require shall be yours.
Jaania: Buy the Rose time.

*Akanthus ponders Jaania's request before accepting.*

Akanthus: It shall be done.

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Quest Loot for DCs - opens APF Loot for DCs.

Other information
  • This quest is completed once all 5 citizens of Duat are saved, NOT once all the monsters are defeated.
  • Both the fountain and the spring act as healing sources during the quest.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Haqikah has been rescued!
  • Kamilah has been rescued!
  • Masub has been rescued!
  • Nailah has been rescued!
  • Oni has been rescued!
  • Refreshing!
  • The flowing water of the fountain isn't frozen. Yet.

• < Message edited by Jay -- 8/2/2020 6:21:22 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Petal Falls, A
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition