Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Supply and Demand

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Supply and Demand
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2021 22:04:50   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Supply and Demand

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Supply and Demand -> Quest!,
Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Past Quests -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Supply and Demand -> Quest!
Requirements: Completion of One Step Forward
Release Date: July 30th, 2021

Objective: Sulen'Eska is running out of room and supplies. There's only one place to turn...
Objective completed: Hopefully Ash can get everything sorted. Time for some long-deserved rest in the meantime!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(3) Clawkin Wanderer
(1) Manahuntress
(1) ManaHunter
(5) Mushroom
(2) Tog

NPCs
Ash
Bajacu'
Kara SuLema
Melissa
Mritha
Niki

Rewards
Lost Woven Rose Cloak (I-IX)

Access to S&D Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*In Sulen'Eska's meeting area, you and the Vind discuss the ongoing problems in the surrounding region.*

Mritha: The dravir need more room, Kara. The current arrangements are too cramped for their wings.
Kara SuLema: I... I think I could arrange that.
Bajacu': And what of the clawkin? Our young have too few safe places to spend their energy.
Kara SuLema: Um...
Niki: The resistance forces grow by the day as well.
Niki: Foraging in the swamp may work for some, but keeping an army supplied will take more than that. Much more.
Kara SuLema: ...
Melissa: ...Why am I even here?
Kara SuLema: Ah, Melissa! You got the message then?
Melissa: Yeah. So? What do you need me for?
Kara SuLema: As you can see, Sulen'Eska is facing a number of... logistical problems.
Kara SuLema: The surrounding swamp is dangerous, and expanding our territory too quickly may draw unwanted attention.
Kara SuLema: We're also struggling to keep everyone fed and safe.
Kara SuLema: We have many refugees and soldiers, but we don't have the systems in place to support them.

*Melissa stares at Kara blankly.*

Melissa: ...And?
Kara SuLema: Well, I thought since you're a princess... you might have some insight in how best to proceed...
Melissa: ...
Kara SuLema: I... I apologize if I presume too much! This has all been swept up in the wind much quicker than I had anticipated.
Melissa: ...Never had much interest in the whole leadership thing.
Kara SuLema: ...I... I see...

*Everyone in the meeting area falls silent before you have an idea to solve the ongoing problems.*

<Character>: What about asking Falconreach for help?
<Character>: Aren't they already providing weapons and supplies?
<Character>: Maybe they could take in a few more refugees, and provide some spare food.
Mritha: That's true! We could ask them for more help. Maybe an alliance?
Kara SuLema: While they're currently provisioning us with resources, they're... not supposed to be.
Kara SuLema: King Alteon's protection of Falconreach from Rose interference came under the stipulation that they do not outright oppose the Rose.
Kara SuLema: The Rose can't interfere with Falconreach, and Falconreach can't interfere with The Rose.
Kara SuLema: Asking them to take a larger, more obvious role in, well, the resistance, could bring that delicate balance crashing down.
Niki: But they're already accepting refugees, aren't they? Even if we can solve that issue, that would be a step forward.
Kara SuLema: Bajacu', what do you think? Would your people be comfortable moving to Falconreach?
Bajacu': In all truth, I can only imagine that most would prefer to take their chances in the swamp than to move into the city of humans.
Bajacu': Our traditions and connection to nature is important to us.
Bajacu': Surrounded by dead stone and dead trees would cause great distress to many.
Kara SuLema: I understand, Bajacu'. We will not force the clawkin to leave.
Kara SuLema: But for those that can or are willing, this could be a promising option.
Mritha: Unless we can secure the route, it will be a tough proposition.
Mritha: Many who lost everything risked their lives to end up in Sulen'Eska. Asking them to brave the swamps and face the unknown once again...
Melissa: I'd say do what you have to.
Melissa: What's the point of building a resistance, breaking people out of prison, and saving people from The Rose...
Melissa: ... if you can't be bothered to risk more to defend them?
Kara SuLema: Yes... You're right, Melissa.
<Character>: I don't think there's any love for The Rose in Falconreach. I'm sure they'll do their best to help if we asked.
Kara SuLema: Well, being the Hero of Falconreach, I think we can trust your judgement on that.
<Character>: Er, I mean, I'd have to ask Ash, and I'm not sure what the Guardians are up to these days...
Kara SuLema: What a wonderful idea! If you could establish a more formal dialogue with Falconreach, I'm sure they'll listen to you!

*You glare at Kara, disapprovingly.*

<Character>: You can't like... send a magical message or a letter or something?
Kara SuLema: It wouldn't have the same impact as you and <Dragon>, the heroes, in person. Or dragon.
Kara SuLema: Here, let me draft a letter for you to deliver to Ash...
Kara SuLema: And of course, since we're trying not to draw attention to ourselves, I suggest you and <Dragon> avoid the main roads, if possible.
<Character>: *tired hero grumbling*

• <Dragon> joins you as a pet.

*You and your dragon fight your way through various monsters in the Betrubung Swamp on your way to Falconreach; eventually you arrive and seek Ash outside the Falconreach Inn.*

<Character>: Hero, huh? Hero or errand girl/boy?
    Ash: Ah, <Character>! Welcome back to Falconreach!
    Ash: Er, what was that you're muttering about?
    <Character>: Oh, uh, nothing. How's Falconreach been?
    Ash: Surprisingly peaceful! Any word from our... friends?
    <Character>: That's actually why I'm here.
    <Character>: I have a letter for you from Kara.
    <Character>: Somewhere in my bag.

*You frantically search your bag trying to find Kara's letter, throwing a plethora of weapons and other items behind you during your search.*

<Character>: *mumbling*

*You continue to frantically expel items from your bag, until you finally find Kara's letter.*

<Character>: Here it is!

*You smile before getting worried about the condition of the letter.*

<Character>: A little squashed, a little... what is that?
    <Character>: ...Should still be readable.
    Ash: ...Let's take a look.

*Ash reads Kara's letter.*

Ash: I see... I see...
    Ash: Hmm. Can you give me a day or two? I'll have to set up some meetings, discuss matters with the Guardians...
    <Character>: Of course. I'll just be staying at the Inn. Resting.
    Ash: Sounds like you deserve it, <Character>! I'll do what I can, and pull what strings need to be pulled.
    Ash: I'll do my best to see that Sulen'Eska will have Falconreach's full support!

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens S&D Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • The big, pink, glowy mushrooms act as a one-time healing source during the quest. (Message: Do you want to eat these big, pink, glowy mushrooms? They look different from the rest.)
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• You can't reach these mushrooms yet!
  • They were actually quite tasty! You feel reinvigorated! And a bit dizzy! And your tongue glows, which is neat!
  • This is the way to Oaklore.
  • I don't need to visit the cemetery.
  • This quest contains one of the ingredients required for The Plaguenog. (Pop-up upon collection: You found a stick of Trickorice!)
  • This quest replaced The Fairy Court with new dialogue, artwork, structure, music, and renamed rewards in addition to a level 90 version; more information can be found in the July 30th, 2021 Design Notes.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/23/2023 20:39:50 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Supply and Demand
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition