Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

In Search of Slayers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> In Search of Slayers
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2022 0:30:15   
  Jay
Marauderator
🧭

In Search of Slayers

Location: Dragesvard's Shore -> Quests! -> In Search of Slayers
Requirements: Navigation of Tyndur's Depths
Release Date: January 15th, 2022

Objective: Under the fungus covered sky of Dragesvard, you sift through the empty remains for any sign of the Dragonslayers.
Objective completed: Seems like there's more to this than may appear. Better keep that new helmet close at hand.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(7) Hollow Human (1)
(5) Hollow Human (2)
(1) Hollow Dragonslayer - Boss

NPCs
Captain Lestrad
G. M. Hansa
Galanoth
Kara SuLema
Kord / Hopeful Soldier / Hopeful Voice
Mritha
Ostromir
Skeptical Voice
Vseslava
Wary Soldier / Wary Voice

Rewards
Self-Containment Unit v15.0
Self-Containment Unit v15.1
Self-Containment Unit v15.2
Self-Containment Unit v15.3
Self-Containment Unit v15.4
Self-Containment Unit v15.5

Access to Search Loot for DCs and Containment Unit.

Dialogue

*At Dragesvard's Shore, Captain Lestrad appears to be taking charge and giving orders to both the DragonLords and the Alliance.*

Captain Lestrad: The scouts have reported a dense nest of fungal growth covering the city. We'll need—
Mritha: Lestrad, you promised to listen to the Speaker, and here he is. But here you are, taking charge like nothing happened!

*Hansa also appears displeased by Lestrad's assumption of authority.*

Kara SuLema: Mritha...
Captain Lestrad: The Great One ordered the DragonLords to aid the Greenguard Alliance in retaking Dragesvard.
Captain Lestrad: Naturally, as the greater force, the DragonLords will lead the charge.
Captain Lestrad: And as Captain of the DragonLords, I am therefore in the commanding position.
Captain Lestrad: Is that going to be a problem?

*Mritha does not immediately respond.*

Captain Lestrad: DragonLord, I asked you a question! Is my command going to be a problem?

*Mritha reluctantly obliges.*

Mritha: No.
Captain Lestrad: Good to hear.

Captain Lestrad: As I was saying...
Captain Lestrad: ...the fungal growth has covered the city. We can try to burn it away with dragon fire, but such magic asks a lot of our partners.
Captain Lestrad: As such, I propose we enter the city and search for any information that may allow us to reclaim the city from the inside.
G. M. Hansa: If I may, I don't think it will be so—
Captain Lestrad: You're from The Rose, right? We definitely don't need advice from the likes of you.

*Hansa hangs her head and closes her eyes after being rudely dismissed by Lestrad.*

G. M. Hansa: ...Suit yourself.

*Kara glances back toward Hansa, feeling quietly concerned about how she was just treated.*

Captain Lestrad: If there aren't any more interruptions, then let's get this expedition started.
Captain Lestrad: DragonLords, to the front. We'll be taking the main streets, along with our guides.
Captain Lestrad: Meanwhile, you Alliance folk will seek out whatever remains of the DragonSlayers.
Captain Lestrad: See if we can get some allies with a better understanding of the situation.
Captain Lestrad: Meanwhile, we'll have the dragons burning away at the top in shifts.
Captain Lestrad: We cannot allow this to spread any farther!
Captain Lestrad: Move out!

*The DragonLords move out and the Alliance regroups while your dragon appears to be having fun sliding on the ice.*

Kara SuLema: Hansa, you had a concern?
G. M. Hansa: ...It's probably nothing.
Kara SuLema: ...Are you sure? If there's anything bothering you, we should be aware of it. Your insight is always valuable!
G. M. Hansa: ...
G. M. Hansa: Despite everything, as my world comes crashing down around me...
G. M. Hansa: I fall back on spite. On familiar, thorny conflict.
G. M. Hansa: You have only been welcoming. I should not hold you to account for Lestrad's words.
Mritha: So what did you want to say? Did you sense something?
G. M. Hansa: This fungus... It goes deep. Deeper than I can see, under the water, and farther below.
G. M. Hansa: Whatever it is, it's alien to me. I cannot determine its nature. But I do know we're only, literally, scratching the surface.
G. M. Hansa: So we should be prepared for anything.
<Character>: Thank you for the information, Hansa. We'll have to be prepared for the unexpected then!
Ostromir: *Sniff*
Ostromir: None of you think you should have some sort of protection against the fungus?
<Character>: You don't happen to have any extra containment suits laying around, do you?
Ostromir: No, we do not. But inhaling the spores of whatever this is can not be healthy.
Vseslava: We thought to bring it up with the DragonLord captain, but he appears to be... resistant to suggestions.
Galanoth: I haven't heard of any adverse effects from the Dragonslayers. Although, I haven't heard from the Dragonslayers in some time, either.
Ostromir: While I understand the Magesterium may have rather unflattering views of lands outside our borders...
Ostromir: I think our policy of not ingesting foreign material into our bodies may prove wise in this case.
Ostromir: There may be long-term effects that are not immediately evident.
Ostromir: You may begin to sprout mushrooms, or one day, suddenly find yourself unable to breathe, or lose bodily functions years afterward, or—
Vseslava: I think they get the point, Ostromir.
Kara SuLema: I think... I can provide a solution with Wind magic. But I'll need to focus, and it will be quite draining.
<Character>: That's only a temporary solution, then. We'll need to find something permanent while we can.
Ostromir: Vseslava and I are not fighters. We can work on some sort of protective headgear for you while we proceed with our task.
<Character>: Thank you. Let's go then. Galanoth, do you know where the Dragonslayers were holding out?
Galanoth: A lot has changed since last I visited. But I think I can find the way.
Kara SuLema: My magic is ready. Lead the way.

*You fight your way through the streets of Dragesvard, battling various Hollow creatures along the way; once at the top of the city, you regroup with the Alliance to discuss what you have just seen.*

<Character>: I had my suspicions, but that... that was a Dragonslayer.
Galanoth: Hmm.
Kara SuLema: This is awful. Do you suppose people inhaled the spores and were turned into... these?
G. M. Hansa: It's... a terrifying possibility.
Galanoth: Quiet, everyone.

*You turn around to face Galanoth.*

Galanoth: Yes, I thought I heard something. Seems this base isn't entirely abandoned.

*Galanoth knocks on a nearby door.*

Galanoth: Open up. It's Galanoth. I'm with allies.
Hopeful Voice: Can it be? Galanoth?
Skeptical Voice: No! It must be a hallucination. Or maybe the Hollow ones have learned to mimic voices.
Hopeful Voice: But if it's Galanoth then we could be saved...
Wary Voice: If you open that door, you'll doom us all!
Galanoth: Stop being foolish. If you don't open the door, I'm breaking it down!
Hopeful Voice: ...
Skeptical Voice: ...Yeah, that's Galanoth.

*A small group of DragonSlayers no larger than the Alliance leave their shelter to greet you all.*

Hopeful Soldier: Is it... Is it safe?
Wary Soldier: Nope. Still mushrooms. I'm going back.
Galanoth: We're here to help, and get you out of Dragesvard if needed. Unless you can fight.
Galanoth: What can you tell us about what happened?
Hopeful Soldier: Well, after the eruption, we did what we could to get people to safety.
Hopeful Soldier: But we're... well, Dragonslayers. Not Mushroomslayers.
Hopeful Soldier: We did our best, but more and more of the Hollow creatures kept coming...
Kara SuLema: I'm sorry, the Hollow creatures?
Hopeful Soldier: The uh, things you fought and saw all over the city. They're not people. They're... well, hollow.
Hopeful Soldier: As far as we can tell, the fungus just kind of... produces them. Not sure from where.
Hopeful Soldier: They're so... weird. Sometimes we'll watch them almost... almost be human.
Hopeful Soldier: They'll aimlessly go in and out of buildings, or what remains of them.
Hopeful Soldier: But they don't do anything until they come across something living.
Hopeful Soldier: Er, not Hollow, I mean.
G. M. Hansa: Perhaps an effect of the spores? Are there any other survivors?
Hopeful Soldier: If it's the spores, they haven't had any effect on us, I don't think. There are definitely other people out there, too.
Hopeful Soldier: We've tried to help, we really have... but it's an extremely hostile environment.
Kara SuLema: I see. We'll have to make it a priority to save any civilians we come across.
<Character>: What's your name?
Kord: Oh! I'm sorry, my name is Kord.

Kord: And you all are...?

A brief introduction later...

Kord: I see. So you're here to reclaim Dragesvard, and hopefully stop the spread of the fungus.
Kord: But if refugees have already made it to the mainland then... surely the spores... It's only a matter of time before it starts there...
Galanoth: The Great One is using their power to cleanse Dragonsgrasp and the surrounding areas.
Galanoth: As a Nature dragon, The Great One does hold some sway over such elements. But that is still a relatively small section of Greenguard.
Kord: That's... We have to do all we can. The destruction here cannot be allowed to visit the main continent.
<Character>: Kord, are you and your fellow Dragonslayers willing to help us?
<Character>: We have to find out where these Hollow are coming from. And how we can stop this fungus.
<Character>: We could certainly use your help.
Kord: Of course! Of course. We Dragonslayers will always rise to the occasion, just as Galanoth has!
Kord: And now that reinforcements have arrived, I'm sure we'll be able to manage.
Galanoth: Good to hear. <Character>, if you don't mind, I'd like to speak to the Dragonslayers privately.
<Character>: We'll just wait here then.
Galanoth: Thank you.

Some time later...

*Ostromir is fitting your dragon with protective headgear.*

Ostromir: There you go, little one.
<Dragon>: And what if <Character> needs me to grow?! | *Indignant roar*
Ostromir: Yes, I think it is perfect!
Vseslava: We have completed the protective gear for everyone else, as well.
Vseslava: While we have managed so far thanks to Kara's magic, if we are to enter more spore dense areas...
Vseslava: Well, better to be safe, if you ask me.
Kara SuLema: Thank you, Vseslava, Ostromir. I could do with a break.

*Galanoth concludes his private discussion with the DragonSlayers.*

G. M. Hansa: Ah. Is your private business concluded, then?
Galanoth: It is.
Galanoth: Those Dragonslayers in fighting shape will join our cause. The others will be evacuated to Dragonsgrasp when possible.
Galanoth: While I am still concerned about the origin of the Hollow, we have completed our currently assigned task.
Galanoth: Let us clear a path and regroup with the DragonLords.
Galanoth: I imagine our information will be of great use to them. And I am eager to learn what they have discovered as well.

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens Search Loot for DCs shop.
  • Self-Containment Unit (Cosmetic) - opens Containment Unit shop.

Other information
  • The suspiciously glowing mushroom cap acts as a one-time healing source during the quest. (Message: Do you want to eat this suspiciously glowing mushroom cap?)
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Kara: "...This isn't just Nature magic. The way the fungus blocks out the light from above... There is Darkness here."
  • Mritha: "Is that... a person?"
  • Hansa: "Whatever they are, they will not stop us from reaching our goal."
  • Mritha: "They're so... quiet..."
  • Galanoth: "...I knew this forge."
  • Your mouth waters at the sight of the glowing mushroom cap, but the monsters likely won't let you eat it in peace.
  • Ostromir looks at you like you're insane. Kara shakes her head disapprovingly. But you're fully healed, for now.
  • Forlorn and unadorned, the anvil stands, alone.
  • Ostromir: "I will admit, this is unsettling, even for me. I cannot help but wonder what has become of fair Nieboheim."
  • Galanoth: "The headquarters was this way, I think. The fungus has twisted everything it touches..."
  • As you look out across the rooftops of Dragesvard, you're filled with a sense of dread and awe.
  • Kara: "I swear, that one looks like a Dragonslayer..."
  • Containment Unit shop—containing a cosmetic Self-Containment Unit v15.05 equippable by all players—was added to this quest on December 30th, 2022.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 12/13/2023 18:56:09 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> In Search of Slayers
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition