Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fate's Flow (Part 2)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Fate's Flow (Part 2)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/18/2022 19:18:52   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Fate's Flow (Part 2)

Location: Dragesvard's Shore -> Quests! -> Fate's Flow (Part 2)
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Fate's Flow (Part 1), Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown
Release Date: September 17th, 2022

Objective: There has to be some way back out of the Tytan, right?
Objective completed: As our heroes regroup and recover, The Great One does their best to hold back the Tytan's fury...

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(3) Hollow Killguin
(4) Hollow Mushroom
(2) Hollow Tusker
(1) Fungal Behemoth - Boss

NPCs
Captain Lestrad
G. M. Hansa
Galanoth
Inspector Doyle
Kara SuLema
Kord
Mritha
Odgne
Ostromir
Tanis
Vseslava

Rewards
None

Dialogue

*The Northlands Tytan and the Great One approach and fight each other in Tyndur's Depths; back on the Hatchery's entrance in Dragonsgrasp, the DragonLords make plans to protect their fortress and the inhabitants there.*

Tanis: Protect the eggs!
Inspector Doyle: You three, support the structure reinforcement team!!
Inspector Doyle: The two of you, call forth your dragons and protect the civilians! Spread the word— Protect the refugees!
Inspector Doyle: The rest of you, with me!

Inspector Doyle: Come on people, go, go, go!

*Back inside the Tytan, the Alliance are running to find a way to escape as they noticed the Great One has been risen; as they run, however, the Golden Hand are lagging behind.*

Captain Lestrad: The Great One... The Great One has risen!
Galanoth: They will stop the Tytan. But we still need to escape. We must push onward.
Mritha: Captain, Odgne tells me the DragonLord vanguard managed to escape after the Tytan first rose from the depths.
Captain Lestrad: Good. We don't need them risking their lives waiting for us when we don't even know where we'll emerge.

*Scene shifts to focus on the Golden Hand, who are tired.*

Vseslava: Our reserves of mana are running low. We... we can not keep up this pace.
Ostromir: Hoo....
Galanoth: Kord. With me. We're all getting out of here together.
Kord: ...Yes, sir.

*Galanoth and Kord carries the Golden Hand before the scene shakes.*

Ostromir: Thank you. I just need to... catch my breath.
<Character>: This doesn't look at all like the way we came. We must have taken a wrong turn somewhere!
Kara SuLema: Can you help us out, Hansa?
G. M. Hansa: ...There are so many sparks of Nature and Darkness flowing through the Tytan now. I suppose...
G. M. Hansa: I... suppose it's less dense that way?
<Character>: Is there any word from The Great One, Galanoth?
Kara SuLema: From how the Tytan is shuddering, I imagine the battling must be pretty fierce...
Galanoth: Follow Hansa's lead. The Great One will provide.
Mritha: We better keep moving then.
<Character>: How are you feeling, Ostromir, Vseslava?
Ostromir: I feel like my lungs are burning and my legs are pierogi...
Ostromir: But I will not meet my end here.
Vseslava: That message from Outpost Yeden has you fired up, has it?
Ostromir: We just... need to get out of here!

*You fight through various Hollow creatures before approaching on what appears to be a dead end.*

Kord: A... dead end? I thought you said this was the way out!
G. M. Hansa: I said it was the least magically dense direction.
G. M. Hansa: Also known as the safest and most straightforward path to relative safety.
Captain Lestrad: Hemlock tells me we're just under the outer layer, toward the side of the Tytan.
Kord: Then tell the dragons to come and free us!
Mritha: It took the dragons long enough to burn through the city's fungal cover! How long do you think it would take them to carve through its skin!?
Kord: We have to try something!

*Kord plant his spear into the ground before turning around to face you.*

Kord: Well, <Character>? Any more heroic ideas?
<Character>: Conserve your energy.
<Character>: Hansa, Vseslava, do you think it's even possible for us to break out from here?
Vseslava: Given the thickness of the Tytan's dermis, it may take us a considerable amount of time with our current resources...
G. M. Hansa: ...I do not suggest going back the way we came.
Galanoth: Hold on!
<Character>: What is it, Galanoth? Do you have an idea?
Galanoth: No, I mean, hold on to something!
Galanoth: The Great One knows we're here.

*The Great One crashes its head to the Tytan before it strikes back to the Great One; the Great One then jumps and strike the Tytan's head before the Tytan retaliates by biting the Great One; the Great One then claws the Tytan's neck, revealing an opening on the Alliance's position; the effects of the battle shaken the inhabitants on Dragonsgrasp and Dragesvard as they slide outside their control; after revealing the opening to escape, Kord look at the long drop.*

G. M. Hansa: Was that...?
Kara SuLema: The breeze... the blue sky... I didn't know how much I missed it until I saw it again.
Kord: That's all well and good, but how are we getting out of here? That... is a long drop.
Mritha: We need to jump.
Kord: Are you insane?!
Mritha: Everyone, now!
<Character>: Right! Let's go!

*All except Captain Lestrad and Kord jump; now with only Kord and Captain Lestrad, Kord refuses to jump as he is scared on what will happen to him.*

Kord: I... I can't do it...
Captain Lestrad: If you don't, you're dead for sure.
Kord: ...
Captain Lestrad: Have some faith. Maybe close your eyes for this part.
Kord (briefly): What—?

*Captain Lestrad jumps and tackles Kord to escape, breaking Kord's spear in the process.*

Kord (briefly): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Kord (briefly): OOF!

*One of the dragons catches Captain Lestrad and Kord; the dragons riding the Alliance escape from the battle between the Great One and the Tytan.*

Mritha: Ha! Yes! Good catch, Odgne!
Odgne: I was tracking your position the whole time. We were ready. | *Cool and collected growl*
<Character>: Thanks, Odgne.
<Dragon>: I could have done it too! | *Petulant scoff*
Ostromir: That... that was incredible! Vseslava, did you see that!
Ostromir: The dragon compensated for our fall velocity to properly cushion our descent!
Vseslava: I did. I... very much did.
Ostromir: So very impressive!
Kara SuLema: Is there a safe landing anywhere nearby? We're still not entirely safe, and the dragons will need to rest soon.
G. M. Hansa: Yes. We should get away from the Tytan as quickly as possible. But...
G. M. Hansa: I don't understand... How is it still overflowing with magic...?
Mritha: Our ship has been sailing after the Tytan at a safe distance ever since it rose from the ocean.
Mritha: We should be able to land there and plan our next steps.
Galanoth: Good. Let's proceed with all haste then.
Galanoth: ...
Galanoth: Er. How do I get this dragon to... go?
Mritha: Odgne and I will take the lead, and the others will follow. Just make sure to hold on tight!

*All dragons except the dragon riding Captain Lestad and Kord accelerate their speed to find and land on the ship.*

Kord: ...
Captain Lestrad: Don't make me regret giving you that push, boy.

*Scene shifts to focus on what remains of Kord's spear before throwing it away into the Depths.*

Kord: ...Thanks.

*The dragon riding Captain Lestrad and Kord accelerates its speed to meet with the others; scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • If the player doesn't have Self-Containment Unit v15 (All Versions) equipped or shown, they will lose 5% of their maximum HP each time they enter a new screen or beat a monster encounter.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• Breathing in the spore-dense air irritates your lungs! -5% HP
  • Captain Lestrad: "I don't understand. Why does The Great One act now? They could have helped sooner. Saved lives."
  • Kord: "The DragonLords could have acted sooner, too."
  • Captain Lestrad: "...At greater risk to ourselves. There were too many uncertainties. Without The Great One's aid... we..."
  • Galanoth: "Perhaps The Great One feels certain of success now. The heroes have proven themselves worthy."
  • Kord: "Tests and trials. They're playing with us!"
  • Galanoth: "The Great One kept the Tytan's influence at bay from the rest of Greenguard. Now they're confident to strike."
  • Captain Lestrad: "Thank you for the reassurance, Speaker."
  • Ostromir: "Are we... Hoo... Are we there yet?"

• Next Up: Twin Tides

< Message edited by Jay -- 12/31/2022 0:44:06 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Fate's Flow (Part 2)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition